Encouraged Learning In Trading Excellence

Comments

• wendyak
    wendyak Posts: 2,654
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    artha wrote: »
    He's been here in spirit tonight on literary matters (spelling)
    "Much ado about nothing":rotfl::rotfl:

I think tonight we could have done with a bit of "taming of the shrew"
    (or at least a muzzle):)
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    HopePray wrote: »
    I had PM'd you, but glad to see you had seen newbies post, you just never can tell what folks would do.
    Just noticed your sig. Does that not meant you will now have to have 3 names now as you will have to invent another one this year to sort out santas pressies. ;)
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • Thank u to all of u who instantly pm me to delete my links I hope I have now I never thought it would link but have never posted PP before neither, I just hope and pray no one has stolen them now and if they have I hope they get a trout who wont give it to them without the receipt :)
    Started Saving in 2012!!!

Savings with Coupons £100.49 & Freebies £349.41 (I have lost track now but its a huge amount)

Sealed pot challenge number 1912 No target let's just see :D
  • similar sort of thing happened to me today, shop was just about closing time and i was just entering the store and saw a nice long receipt in a small trolly so went for it but as i did a guy got hold of the handle at the same time as me, so i just said.... oh, is that my receipt, i have just bought a microwave and left my receipt in my trolly and need it for the guarantee....;). i picked the receipt up and it was full of reduced sandwiches at 10p:eek: so threw it back in the trolly and said no, thats not mine... lol. Next thing , he is shouting over to the woman on Customer Services desk asking her to reprint a receipt for me! I just told her it didnt matter as i was in a rush and would search the boot of my car and return tomorrow for a reprinted receipt... LOL

People trying to be helpful in sada is a nuisance:D
    never stop doing your best because someone doesn't give you credit
  • Iamsohappy
    Iamsohappy Posts: 2,598
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    My wombling total of sada fivers is obscene!!! Lots of people have benefitted or benefited from them.

Where there is [STRIKE]muck[/STRIKE] wombles there is brass:D

Indeed patty thank you :beer:
    Smile :) and hopefully the world will smile back

• cjj_2
    cjj_2 Posts: 6,588
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    frequent wrote: »
    Didn't realise how fragile the mind is, until it got pushed so far.

Am on the road to recovery, good friends and great music is the plan.

Not ready to hit the stores, yet.

Thinks Sir F's pooping horse has been grazing for way to long and is in need of some exercise.

Good to hear your on the road to recovery Frequent x
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
  • Thought I would share my results on a finest shop with coupons, it looks like it does not take into account the meal deal for £10 and compared my coca cola which I had instead of wine at full price (sorry if this is old news thought I would share in case it had not been spotted) will get my results for the cheese tomorrow so that maybe good too if compared at full price :D

Sorry, this time your comparable shopping would have been £1.78 cheaper elsewhere, so we've given you a voucher for the difference*. Thank you and see you again soon.

* up to a maximum of £10

Tesco comparable basket
    £12.26£12.44£3.16

Competitor comparable basket
    £10.48£13.55£3.70

Difference
    £1.78£1.11£0.54

Asda was cheaperTesco was cheaperTesco was cheaper

1 x TESCO WHITE POTATOES 2.5KG 1.65 1.65 1.95 1.79

1 x DAIRYCREST WILLOW 250G 1.00 1.00 1.00 1.00

1 x TESCO CARROTS LOOSE (0.365 kg) 0.33 0.33 0.33 0.33

1 x T.FINEST* 6 TRAD PORK SAUSAGES 454G 2.50 * 2.00 2.79 N/A

1 x T.FINEST* 6 PORK & APPLE SAUSAGES 454G 2.50 * 2.00 2.79 N/A

1 x COCA COLA REG CONTOUR 6 X 330ML BOTTLE 4.28 3.50 4.29 N/A

2 x TESCO EDAY VALUE 6 PANCAKES 0.18 N/A 0.40 0.58

1 x T. FINEST @ S/BERRY C/CAKE SLICES 200G 2.50 N/A N/A N/A

1 x T FINEST PETIT POIS WITH LEEKS&PANCETTA 250G X 2.50 N/A N/A N/A

1 x T. FIN* HAM AND GRUYERE PASTRIES 330G 3.99 N/A N/A N/A

1 x TESCO FRESH PORK CHOPS 1KG 5.00 N/A N/A N/A

1 x T FIN BACON GRUYERE & ONION QUICHE 400G 1.50 N/A N/A N/A

1 x T.EDAY VALUE PROFITEROLES 2X90G 1.00 N/A N/A N/A

1 x T. FIN* A/DEEN ANGUS BURGERS 454G 3.50 N/A N/A N/A

Great find!
    the coke is the drink part of the finest meal deal guys, so, if we buy a meal deal with the coke, providing that the meal , side and sweet is originally over a tenner we can use the £2 voucher and get a PP back too ;)
    It`s nice to be important, but its more important to be nice.
    The world is full of people throwing stones at us. Its what you do with them that counts. Build a wall or build a bridge.
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Looby123 wrote: »
    evening peeps :D

have been lurking for a while as that way I'm not likely to respond to some of the childish comments which are posted on here :(

having been kept entertained for a while now reading Savvybuyers detailed explanation of the As gift glitch.....I thought I'd try the following tomorrow....

2 x Dove Fresh Indulgence gift sets (pink) £6 each or 2 for £8.... £4 each in T

not labelled as part of the 2 for £8 deal on mys....so assuming/hoping it will compare at £12 v £8....include the 10% makes it £3.20 for the two gift sets :D

I will try it tomorrow and post results :)

But be careful... MSM on the APG usually compares the price you paid in-store (including any multibuy) regardless of what it says on the MSM.co.uk Especially as buying two of the same item, it's probably going to come back with 2xDove Fresh Indulgence A £8.00 (in red) vs T £8.00, if the multibuy comes off in-store. I've not tried it though. If it doesn't give you the multibuy deal in store, then it's still the same as you'll pay £12 but put £4 onto the APG voucher.

New topic: this probably isn't the right forum to post "deals" as such, but I can be forgiven on this one occasion. Saw this morning in Poundland, packs of 400-odd gram Family Circle biscuits. Thought it might make a change for those tired of Vinnies, even if costs slightly more! There was no price labelling nearby but, due to the name of the store, I have a strong suspicion the 400+g Family Circles might be £1 each. Much less costly than the 800g odd tins that we see on 'reduction' at £5. Assuming this is nationwide and continues tomorrow, you can buy two of the packs and empty them into a spare, clean biscuit tin bought earlier. If not a Family Circle tin, maybe a Vinnies instead...
    The 400 or so gram Circles at Poundland are cheaper than the same pack at Sains. in October (when they were on sale for £1.24); weren't avail in A then, if they had been would still have been slightly more expensive even on an A vs S comp.

Good night now.
  • Savvybuyer wrote: »
    But be careful... MSM on the APG usually compares the price you paid in-store (including any multibuy) regardless of what it says on the MSM.co.uk Especially as buying two of the same item, it's probably going to come back with 2xDove Fresh Indulgence A £8.00 (in red) vs T £8.00, if the multibuy comes off in-store. I've not tried it though. If it doesn't give you the multibuy deal in store, then it's still the same as you'll pay £12 but put £4 onto the APG voucher.

New topic: this probably isn't the right forum to post "deals" as such, but I can be forgiven on this one occasion. Saw this morning in Poundland, packs of 400-odd gram Family Circle biscuits. Thought it might make a change for those tired of Vinnies, even if costs slightly more! There was no price labelling nearby but, due to the name of the store, I have a strong suspicion the 400+g Family Circles might be £1 each. Much less costly than the 800g odd tins that we see on 'reduction' at £5. Assuming this is nationwide and continues tomorrow, you can buy two of the packs and empty them into a spare, clean biscuit tin bought earlier. If not a Family Circle tin, maybe a Vinnies instead...
    The 400 or so gram Circles at Poundland are cheaper than the same pack at Sains. in October (when they were on sale for £1.24); weren't avail in A then, if they had been would still have been slightly more expensive even on an A vs S comp.

Good night now.
    Thank you Savvy, this is one offer I DO understand. Cheers..:D:D
  • Bought Sally Hansen today along with lots of reduced stuff and three packs of 4p underwear got price promise for 5.64
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure