www.sellittous.co.uk - anyone heard of them?

I've got my car on Gumtree (for about 5 days now) and I received a text today asking if I've sold it yet and if not, visit this website and they'll give me a valuation and make an offer. I've already been contacted by a 'potential' buyer who turned out to be a scammer and I don't want to risk giving these people my contact details.

Anyone heard of them? Are they an alright company? I googled but nothing came up other than their website.

Comments

• thanks Foxy. I've just had another text from www.cashyourcar.co.uk! I am quite desperate to sell but perhaps not this desperate!
  • Foxy-Stoat_3
    Foxy-Stoat_3 Posts: 2,980 Forumite
    Just ignore the texts!
    "Dream World" by The B Sharps....describes a lot of the posts in the Loans and Mortgage sections !!!
  • From the cashyourcar website:

It has come to our attention that users are being sent a text message for a valuation on their car(s) stating that we www.cashyourcar.co.uk[/url]) have provided a quote. Please note that this is NOT us - someone has used our web address in these spam text messages for an unknown reason.

Normal services will resume once we look into this matter further.
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
  • Interesting poppasmurf - I should always go with my instincts then.

Thanks for the advice!
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,517
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    If your desperate, Call the scrapman or take it to the local car dealer and sell it to him.

At least he wont charge you a fee to come and look at it. Or say ive got a buyer for that give me £60 and i will pass your details onto him.
    What he didnt call. He must have bought one or changed his mind.

Want your £60 back. Keep dreaming.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• unclehugo
    unclehugo Posts: 35 Forumite
    Sellittous.co.uk is not a scam site, it does exactly what it says it will do, you enter your vehicles details and they will make you an offer on your vehicle.
    They work with the largest dealer groups in the UK to get you an offer, but it will be a trade offer and sometimes that may not be the amount you are looking for.
    However it is a straight forward transaction that will get your car sold quickly with a minimum amount of fuss.

Wonder who you work for?? :rotfl:
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    spam.jpg
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,517
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Not a scam? Not registered to a business. Private individual ??

No company address on the website which is a legal requirement.

Where are your companies contact details?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• redux
    redux Posts: 22,976
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Sellittous.co.uk is not a scam site, it does exactly what it says it will do, you enter your vehicles details and they will make you an offer on your vehicle.
    They work with the largest dealer groups in the UK to get you an offer, but it will be a trade offer and sometimes that may not be the amount you are looking for.
    However it is a straight forward transaction that will get your car sold quickly with a minimum amount of fuss.

Fact is, you seem to have sent someone an unsolicited marketing text message for a service they had not enquired about and had not given you permission to contact them.

Now you're promoting it on here without the permission of the site owners.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure