engineered wood flooring

Had engineered wood floor just laid had new skirting board put in.
The fitter's said the electric sockets had to be moved and I needed to get a electrician to do this. He currently has removed the socket and put the skirting board on top waiting for me to find an electrician for them to be relocated.

Is this normal practice? I would have though that if they removed them to be relocated they would do it with in the price quoted. As they were able to inspect the property before they quoted and gave the price.

thanks

Comments

• mr-bob_2
    mr-bob_2 Posts: 70 Forumite
    If the inspected it beforehand knowing exactly what you wanted - you'd have thought they would have pointed it out beforehand.

Did you opt for some larger skirting or something that then meant the socket needed moving?

They wouldn't be able to move the socket due to them not being qualified to do so I'd assume.
  • mymedi
    mymedi Posts: 198 Forumite
    as far as I know, existing sockets don't have to be moved - if they are already in place, they can be left there (new ones have to comply with the regs which sys they have to be higher...). What the floor/skirting fitters would need to do is cut out socket holes in the skirting (I'm assuming that's where the sockets are) and refit the sockets on top of that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure