Private Pension £1000 Bonus

Comments

• Freecall
    Freecall Posts: 1,304
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I am also registered with the TPS and got the call - irritating but there is nothing you can do but hang up.
  • Just had this call myself. Recorded message from a girl with a slight Newcastle accent - tel no. 01777557001.
    Telling me that as I was between 55 and 60 I could be entitled to £1000 bonus on my private pension. Press 5 to find out more or 9 if you've already been contacted - or something like that.
    Naturally I ignored it.
    As I'm registered with TPS can I take action against the holder of the phone number?
  • imho
    imho Posts: 2,515
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I just had the same call but it was from a international number. It was a British voice on the recording saying press button 5 or 9.
    I didnt do anything as knew it had to be a scam.
  • RichandJ
    RichandJ Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    imho wrote: »
    I just had the same call but it was from a international number. It was a British voice on the recording saying press button 5 or 9.
    I didnt do anything as knew it had to be a scam.

Anyone cold calling you for anything to do with financial matters (and almost any other matters) is going to be someone you should avoid.
    It only takes one tree to make a thousand matches, it only takes one match to burn a thousand trees. As well, the cars are all passing me, bright lights are flashing me.

Johnny Was. Once.

Why did he think "systolic" ?
  • DocBambs
    DocBambs Posts: 16 Forumite
    And it's still going - I've just had the same call. :eek:

It makes a nice change from the PPI claim and "1 minute" marketing calls. I had a run of callers asking what make of washing machine I have - I told them I washed my clothes in the stream at the bottom of the garden - they didn't seem impressed and hung up.

DB
  • Spread the word --- DO NOT RESPOND IN ANY WAY! :beer:
    Unsolicited telephone call ?? (even if they say they know your name etc.)
    A Text Message offering you money for nothing ??
    Could this be a SCAM or Marketing ploy to get you on a hook (and a database they can sell, with you as a 'Responder!!' )
    Yes it probably is!
    IF you respond in any way you WILL get even more contacts!
    If you want more Scam calls and Texts - Respond to these calls and texts.

IF NOT -- Delete the text message with NO RESPONSE and DO NOT Press any key on a 'phone call. Also, leaving the 'phone 'off the hook', letting them finish their blurb, talking to themselves, you will increase their costs and slow down their automatic dialler from contacting the next random number.:rotfl:
    Hope this helps.
  • Lavendyr
    Lavendyr Posts: 2,566
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Freecall wrote: »
    I am also registered with the TPS and got the call - irritating but there is nothing you can do but hang up.
    I got one of these calls today. I looked on the TPS website and apparently phone calls which play pre-recorded messages are not covered by the TPS!? However if you have not given consent to receive such calls they may be in breach of other regulations and you can complain to the ICO.

From the TPS website:
    TPS wrote:
    Telephone Preference Service (TPS) will help reduce receipt of live unsolicited direct marketing calls but will not stop pre- recorded calls.

Organisations that use recorded phone message to try and sell or promote their products or services have to comply with the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003. These say that marketers who leave recorded phone messages must obtain prior consent from the subscriber before they can make such a call.

Where a subscriber receives a recorded phone message they haven't agreed to there may have been a breach of the regulations. If you are receiving recorded messages and have not given prior permission and can identify the organisation leaving the message, you can complain directly to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), who are the body responsible for enforcing the above regulation. Their details are:
    Information Commissioner’s Office
    Tel: 03031231113
    Web: www.ico.gov.uk
  • fwor
    fwor Posts: 6,806
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Spread the word --- DO NOT RESPOND IN ANY WAY!

This is completely wrong. It costs them almost nothing for their auto-dialling computers to stay on the line to you.

What costs them money is having a ~person~ on the line to you - so what everyone should do is select 5 and then sit back and listen to someone who is paid to sell things saying "Hello?". It helps if you occasionally say "Hello?" back to keep them going...
  • Why would anyone in there right mind discuss there financial affairs with an unknown caller.
  • atush
    atush Posts: 18,719
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Why would anyone join a forum and call up a two month old post :D

anyway, welcome. And I am sure there is something better here to get your teeth into lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure