Easyjet - change booking to different flight and airport?

Hi Moneysavers

Can anyone tell me if I can do the following? :-

Flight booked from Birmingham -> Geneva Return in March.

I want to change to fly from Luton -> Geneva on the same dates BUT ALSO change the name of the travelling party to my friends name?

I know you can change a name but I am not sure about changing the departure airport as well. The Easyjet website does not seem 100% clear on this.

Thanks

Comments

• Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,842
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Thia does not look like a change to me, there is nothing left of the original booking at all. I think you will have to start again and make a new booking
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    It can be done. I looked at changing BCN - EMA to RAK - MAD last summer. It would let me, but it did work out cheaper to make a whole new booking! x
    Gone ... or have I?
  • Engadine
    Engadine Posts: 1,347
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    As dmg says it can be done but it will more than likely work out cheaper making a new booking from Luton to Geneva.

Last year I needed to do a name change and change the date of the inbound flight it was cheaper to book a new flight
    :j Debt free since 31/01/08:j

• my sons were booked on a flight from leon in france the flight was at 8.50 this evening, they missed the flight due to there train being delayed, how do we sort them out for the 9.50am flight tomorrow
    Savings in 2019 £0
    Total savings £19,118
  • dmg24
    my sons were booked on a flight from leon in france the flight was at 8.50 this evening, they missed the flight due to there train being delayed, how do we sort them out for the 9.50am flight tomorrow

They ask the Easyjet people at the airport if they will transfer them (probably too late to do that now). If not, they will need to book new tickets, which will cost €111 if booked now.

How much time did they allow from the train arrival time to check in? They may be able to claim on insurance, but they will need to prove the delay, and that they left adequate time to catch the flight.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • jetboy
    jetboy Posts: 524
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    They should've transferred the missed departure to the next available for a £35 fee.
    Timmay!
  • Blue264
    Blue264 Posts: 1,570 Forumite
    raid wrote: »
    I want to change to fly from Luton -> Geneva on the same dates BUT ALSO change the name of the travelling party to my friends name?

I know you can change a name but I am not sure about changing the departure airport as well. The Easyjet website does not seem 100% clear on this.

Thanks
    As a few other people have said, it would probably work out cheaper making a new booking for your friend.

I had awful problems trying to change a booking yesterday as the website would not show the bookings that I had made, so I had to change it over the phone. I took the chance to ask what the charges are for making changes.

Bare in mind that calls are charged at 60p per minute and it can take quite a while to make changes over the phone. I was on for over 10mins to make a very straighforward change.
    One peculiar thing...the message when you call Easyjet is in English. If the lines are busy you get a recorded message in a heavy American accent before you get cut off, but the call centre is actually in Poland!

The fee for making a change to a booking is £20 per change (both on the website and over the phone) and online fares are not available via the call centre so you will have to pay the fare difference. If you make a change to a booking on the same day as you make the original booking, (because you made an error) they will reduce the £20 charge down to £7.50.

So...£6+ to make the call (if you can't change it online) + £20 per change (£40 in your case) + the difference in fare = it probably is cheaper to make a new booking. ;)

Hope that helps a little.
  • dmg24
    Blue264 wrote: »
    As a few other people have said, it would probably work out cheaper making a new booking for your friend.

I had awful problems trying to change a booking yesterday as the website would not show the bookings that I had made, so I had to change it over the phone. I took the chance to ask what the charges are for making changes.

Bare in mind that calls are charged at 60p per minute and it can take quite a while to make changes over the phone. I was on for over 10mins to make a very straighforward change.
    One peculiar thing...the message when you call Easyjet is in English. If the lines are busy you get a recorded message in a heavy American accent before you get cut off, but the call centre is actually in Poland!

The fee for making a change to a booking is £20 per change (both on the website and over the phone) and online fares are not available via the call centre so you will have to pay the fare difference. If you make a change to a booking on the same day as you make the original booking, (because you made an error) they will reduce the £20 charge down to £7.50.

So...£6+ to make the call (if you can't change it online) + £20 per change (£40 in your case) + the difference in fare = it probably is cheaper to make a new booking. ;)

Hope that helps a little.

Hopefully raid has made their journey now. They posted a year ago! :rotfl:
    Gone ... or have I?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills