Strange Direct Debit -BISL BACS ACCOUNT

Just checked my bank statement I have a direct debit for £25 from BISL BACS ACCOUNT, has anyone got a clue who they are think it may have been bank fraud???

Comments

• oldwiring
    oldwiring Posts: 2,452 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Have you had any isurance dealings of late? I found this
    http://www.yesinsurance.co.uk/privacy.html BISL is mentioned a lot there.
  • liuhut
    liuhut Posts: 1,269 Forumite
    Contact your bank - they should be able to tell you who it is - if you dont recognise it get them to refund your account and they will send it back to the Originator...they will soon be in touch!!
    WIN £2008 in 2008 £1836.31 2009 wins - £91!!! 2010 wins in Oz $ 6170.... wins 2011 aprox $2000
    MFIT - number 37. Reduce my mortgage from £63,500 to £48,000. now at 54,000...
  • JohalaReewi
    JohalaReewi Posts: 2,614 Forumite
    Under the direct debit guarantee scheme, you should be notified in advance of how much and when the money will be taken (and by who). If this doesn't happen, contact your BANK and ask for a full and immediate refund under the direct debit guarantee scheme. The reason in your case is that you have no idea who this is from and have not been notified as required. If the bank try to say it isn't their responsibililty (some do :(:( ) you can report them to BACS who will soon sort them out. Post back if you get problems.
  • Budget Insurance ?
    :beer:
  • penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Have you bought a car from Yes Car credit?
    Yes insurance is a division of Provident Financial, who also do door step loans at astronomical interest rates.

GET ON TO YOUR BANK ASAP!
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • freeloader
    freeloader Posts: 238 Forumite
    It's definitely Budget Insurance
    holier than thou
  • mitchb
    mitchb Posts: 652 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Hi

I work for a bank and as previous posters have said it is Budget Insurance Services Limited.

They underwrite for lots of different insurance companies.

Best thing to do is contact your bank and ask for the telephone number of the company and the reference they have taken the payment with (the ref is normally the policy number).

If they are unable to supply this info ask for the dd originator number and ill check it for you.
  • I've tracked it down as the Post Office, they should be abit clearer especially when they just take it out in weird chunks.

I contacted my bank (Lloyds) and its so far taken them 15 days to track it down. Bloody useless.

T
  • I can confirm it IS Budget Insurance , as i have it coming out of my account for my car ins thats with budget !!
  • I've just had the same and upon reading this I've figured out its my newly switched car insurance with the Post Office. Cheers, useful page.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure