BuyMobilePhones.net (merged)

Comments

• mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    edited 3 October 2010 at 6:01PM
    What was wrong is perfectly clear; it is totally misleading to suggest that THIS dealer (in particular) would somehow adjust payments to help with the VAT rise - it's t&c specifically exclude it. The potential encouragement to prefer the only dealer I know of who clearly states that in their t&c because they might do the oppiste to what they state is just plain wrong - and anyone checking the t&c would know that straight away. Since most people don't and aren't aware of it, such naivety in saying any - that alone this - dealer will try to help by adjusting payments is simply cloud cuckoo land.
  • OneADay
    OneADay Posts: 9,031 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 3 October 2010 at 6:43PM
    What was wrong is perfectly clear; it is totally misleading to suggest that THIS dealer (in particular) would somehow adjust payments to help with the VAT rise - it's t&c specifically exclude it. The potential encouragement to prefer the only dealer I know of who clearly states that in their t&c because they might do the oppiste to what they state is just plain wrong - and anyone checking the t&c would know that straight away. Since most people don't and aren't aware of it, such naivety in saying any - that alone this - dealer will try to help by adjusting payments is simply cloud cuckoo land.

Read my comments http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=37093764&postcount=651

Before twisting my words into trying to justify your arrogance and rudeness, read what I said "In 2011, with VAT rising, company like BMP have more chance of working out the right cashback amounts to be paid as they ask for all monthly bills to be sent for each claim."

In case of BMP, read the t&c, it mentions VAT in three places and nowhere does it mention cashback. And I did not quote or mention t&c or tell anyone to ignore anything. Do you understand? No course not.

7.1. Unless we indicate otherwise, all prices stated include VAT and delivery within the United Kingdom (excluding Eire). All Errors and Omissions are excepted.

"14.1.1. In the event that you are disconnected from your network for any reason within the period of 120 days from your initial billing date, you will be invoiced for the minimum sum of 240 GBP plus VAT per handset to cover the costs of the goods provided, loss of income and administration. Invoices will referred to Daniels Silverman Limited. All charges and legal fees incurred will be the responsibility of the customer and will be legally enforceable."

14.1.3. In the event that you elect to downgrade your tariff in the first 120 days from your initial billing date ("first period") we will invoice you the minimum sum of 100 GBP plus VAT per handset. The charge will be dependant on the tariff selected at the time of the downgrade. Should you change your tariff during the first 120 days from your initial billing date, either up or down, the "first period" starts again. It is in your interest not to change tariffs in the first 120 days from your initial billing date. Certain Networks may not allow you to change tariff within the first 6 months of your contract. Also see 14.1.5.

I cannot tell how BMP or any mobile retailer or even the electricity / gas companies will cope with VAT changing but they are all going to have to frig their systems.

And also read my comment http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=37059086&postcount=646 which reads clearly

"TAT rise comes into affect, you could potentially be paying 2.5% extra on line rental and not getting that 2.5% cashback unless the dealers / mobile companies work out some way to protect the buyer."
  • mobilejunkie
    edited 3 October 2010 at 8:24PM
    OneADay wrote: »
    Read my comments http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=37093764&postcount=651

Before twisting my words into trying to justify your arrogance and rudeness, read what I said "In 2011, with VAT rising, company like BMP have more chance of working out the right cashback amounts to be paid as they ask for all monthly bills to be sent for each claim."

In case of BMP, read the t&c, it mentions VAT in three places and nowhere does it mention cashback. And I did not quote or mention t&c or tell anyone to ignore anything. Do you understand? No course not."

I understand that nothing you have quoted is relevant and the only thing which is you have totally ignored. But then that sums up your scribblings. Try reading on from the bits you copied. All the way to 16.1.4.
  • OneADay
    Combo Breaker First Post
    OneADay wrote: »

In case of BMP, read the t&c, it mentions VAT in three places and nowhere does it mention cashback. And I did not quote or mention t&c or tell anyone to ignore anything. Do you understand? No course not."

I understand that nothing you have quoted is relevant and the only thing which is totally ignored. But then that sums up your scribblings. Try reading on from the bits you copied. All the way to 16.1.4.

Stop reading what I type if you think its scribblings because clearly you keep ignoring what I have pointed out. Their t&c do not mention change in VAT in relation to cashback directly. Nor did I mention t&c till you jumped in.

And I made my first comment regarding t&c specifically to highlight the issue that people might lose out by not getting 2.5%. And in my second comment, why I thought a buyer like BMP have more chance to cope with the change in the interest of the buyer. I did not say they would - I stated they have more chance.

Now go on repeat yourself ....
  • mobilejunkie
    I presume you mean a dealer then buyer... hard to know sometimes. You'll never get it at all. Your comment was quite clear and so is 16.1.4 - the your attempts to give credit to Mobiles.co you are suggesting Buymobilephones is going to consider doing something which it has already voluntarily ruled out. You didn't mention the t&c until I repeatedly pointed out that you hadn't bothered to read them - something you repeatedly said wasn't important. You really don't understand the first thing about dealers or t&c so any comments regarding them should be taken with a huge wealth warning.

I go back to my original point; this dealer will ensure that you will NOT get back what you pay out. Others haven't actually done that - despite you saying this one is more likely to look after the iunterests of its customers. Utter nonsense as usual.
  • Thx for the answers,

have one more question though. I chose T-Mobile tariff plan with unlimited internet buster. If you press info button for this plan it says:
    "Unlimited Internet has a fair usage policy of 1GB a month." and in the table there are fares for MObile Internet calls saying "1 GB free after 0.73p for MB". Could any1 explain these terms to me? How can it be unlimited and still limited with 1 gb?
  • daindian
    daindian Posts: 434 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    hi thats why i said you should go direct through t-mobile!!!! £20 600 mins unltd texts unlimtd 3gb net, the 1gb is the fair usage if u go over that t mobilt slow ur net down even more! i would go directly for a new contract esp on the wildfire!
  • yeah, but T-mobile doesn't sell Motorola so I'm kinda stuck here. and what is unlimited 3gb internet?

When I went to T-mobile shop the other day they said me that 1 gb fair usage is for downloading only, but there are no limitations for browsing websites. Does the same apply for deals in BMP ?
  • daindian
    daindian Posts: 434 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    i thought u wanted the wildfire a android based handset... by bad sorry! and yes the same applies the 3gb fair usage as apposed to 1gb fair usage applies to android handsets bought direct through t mobile for a new contract and an upgrade through ANYBODY!
  • OneADay
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I presume you mean a dealer then buyer... hard to know sometimes. You'll never get it at all. Your comment was quite clear and so is 16.1.4 - the your attempts to give credit to Mobiles.co you are suggesting Buymobilephones is going to consider doing something which it has already voluntarily ruled out. You didn't mention the t&c until I repeatedly pointed out that you hadn't bothered to read them - something you repeatedly said wasn't important. You really don't understand the first thing about dealers or t&c so any comments regarding them should be taken with a huge wealth warning.

I go back to my original point; this dealer will ensure that you will NOT get back what you pay out. Others haven't actually done that - despite you saying this one is more likely to look after the iunterests of its customers. Utter nonsense as usual.

If you have seen that clause, why not point it out? I did not refer to t&c till you started going on about them and throwing them in my face. That particular clause is in there on their t&c updated 10/8/10, I have t&c which I got for a purchase I made last year which has not got that clause. So why not point that out.

I pointed out that people might potentially lose out 2.5% in my original post and that if retailers wanted to act in interest of customers, BMP might have a greater chance to determine the right cashback amount. I did not say they were more likely (as you have just said) than others. Next you are throwing t&c at me.

Even the new clause is open to interpretation. A judge would rule that as unfair, VAT rise will impact all industries so wait and see what happens.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure