Please feed back on the 40+ Comping Tips guide

MSE_Jenny
MSE_Jenny Posts: 1,312 MSE Staff
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 14 August 2012 at 6:29PM in I won! I won! I won!
articlealert2_banner.gif

Hi all, we've updated the 40+ Comping Tips guide to help you find and win competitions.

How did you find the info? If you're a comper, do you have any other tips you'd add?

Thanks
for your help!

MSE Jenny

Comments

• independance
    independance Posts: 1,572 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks for all the hard work, am relatively new to this and one thing I found out today was I can keep a note of what I enter by hitting the enter button. You learn something new every day. I knew about the thank's button and try to use it everytime.

I have tried to post a couple of comps, but find that I am usually too late, so please don't think that those that don't post don't care, as I am sure there are many like myself that are not quick enough.

I am eternally grateful for all the hard work that goes into this forum. Thank you
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,826 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 14 August 2012 at 9:18PM
    thanks for the update :T
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• Ooh, very informative! I thought I was doing well after a few months of comping but now I have a few more tricks to try. Thanks :)

May you all have lots of luck, Emma xx
  • Livewire
    Livewire Posts: 1,674 Forumite
    Thanks for the info :D
    I smile because I have absolutely no idea what's going on
    :dance:
  • vwcampervan72
    vwcampervan72 Posts: 4,492 Forumite
    Thank you, good luck everyone :D
  • You've inspired me to have a go and I've just entered my first comp :j
  • Saetana
    Saetana Posts: 1,542 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks for the tips, I don't comp via MSE as most of mine are via Facebook and Twitter and I have less time consuming ways of finding them normally, but the link for Daybreak yielded three more comps. I too have found that entering more comps yields more wins - I won a £20 Tesco giftcard, a family pass to Chessington, Moshi Monster goodies and a "funky mug" and that was all on Monday. I'm not always that lucky though :)
    2020 Wins:
  • bullshot
    bullshot Posts: 4,028 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Great tips, thank you ...I see you suggested a 'comping' email address, which is what I always use , my suggestion is to make it 'non gender specific' .It make no difference if you are entering comps where you have to fill in forms with your full details,as you usually have to input Mr/Mrs/Ms but for simple email entry comps,your gender is not revealed and perhaps gives a better chance when trying to win prizes for other members of your family of the opposite sex.Saves using different email addresses male/female each time.
  • Hi all,

a great and way to form fill is get a 'gaming keyboard' with programmable keys. I bought the excellent G13 that has 24 keys each programmable 3 times. The easy to use software allows text blocks to be assigned to each key. So my first name is stored on key G1, surname G2, first line of address G3 etc.

I got a G13 from ebay for less than 20 quid. Saves me loads of time so well worth it.

Hope this helps.
  • comping_cat
    comping_cat Posts: 24,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    I think tips 1 and 2 should be the other way around. The most important thing is that its a hobby, and 'success isnt guaranteed'. So often you get new people posting 'ive been entering for 2 weeks and ive not won anything' as if because they have entered, they are going to win.
    This month, ive won some drumsticks and a DVD, and i enter hundreds of competitions a day, so i think it really is important to make sure that although comping is a wonderful hobby, and at times, you can win some wonderful things, that sometimes you win nothing at all.
    I definately dont win as much now as i used to, as more people are comping, and this sort of artical will bring hundreds, if not thousands more into the loop, so i think its important that they know what they are getting into!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure