Countdown to Freedom

Comments

• Morning, an irritated Mrs T today. Mr T should have been paid today as payday falls on a weekend and they pay you on the previous working day. It's not arrived :eek:

That's a money shuffle opportunity delayed :eek::eek:

I'm in the office today and hope to finish on time. Then DS is away all weekend.

Mr T popped to Costc@ last night and came away spending just over £80. Whilst that's still a lot of money, please bear in mind this was Mr T, un-chaperoned in COSTC@.

£15.46 on way from £co :)

No pennies anywhere to Tilly Tidy :(. When Mr Ts Costc@ shop hits the bank I'll have a few pennies to move.

I'm struggling to sleep well at the moment which is very frustrating. I'm going to have a bath with lavender oil tonight and see if that helps.

Freezer inventory tomorrow and menu planning for November.

Have a good day.

Tilly x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j

• She made me laugh so much last night. She sent me a pic of her dinner. It was a portion of the SC stew she made the other day. Looked delicious.

:rotfl:She has picked up a lot from my diary :rotfl::rotfl:

Sorry about the wages delay hon, but I do hope it's a miniscule delay and can be sorted soonest.

Did you watch the Panorama prog on catch-up? Think I may have seen that one too.

Looking forward to reading all about your freezer inventory and menu planning :D YES, I really did just write that sentence :D:D

Hope your day goes well.

Greying :D
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £2/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £120.73/215
    Non-food household spend April £25.94/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Charity Blankets completed 1/24
  • Habibiboo
    Habibiboo Posts: 1,582 Forumite
    edited 25 October 2014 at 9:13AM
    :wave:

What a lovely catch-up over here Tilly, glad all's well with Miss. Tilly. She's probably all sorted for her access on here now but I contacted support when I messed up on the old password and they were quick to help out.

Boo to the delayed money shuffle, Tilly, but here's something to cheer you up ... hopefully Spain will have one of these by next time you go 'home' to the sun!

Happy weekend! x
    Stash busting 2014 45 / 60 (balls of yarn)!
    2014 Sealed Pot #2136 ?/£500
    House: Decluttering 322 / 365
    Original mortgage [STRIKE]£149,000[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£117,750[/STRIKE];[STRIKE]£112,500[/STRIKE] MFW 2014#69 GOAL 1: [STRIKE]£109 K April[/STRIKE] ;) GOAL 2: [STRIKE]£103 K by Sept[/STRIKE] ;) GOAL 3: < £100k by end of 2014 MF goal: Nov 2020 - 4 years early
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Hi Tilly

Reading your earlier post reminded me - I've been meaning to ask you about Costc0.

What sort of things do you buy there? Is it all bulk stuff, like loo rolls and big containers of coffee?

Also, what sort of saving do you make compared with the supermarkets?

I always thought the Costco was limited to local government workers, civil servants and nurses. But when I looked at their website, I realised I was eligible to join.

Our nearest Costc0 is a trip over the Dartford Crossing, so if I joined, I'd want to make sure it was really worth it. I think I also need to get my freezer space and storage space sorted out first.

I'd be interested in any comments:)

Hope you get a good night's sleep.
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • Morning Goldie, I use this site:
    http://addictedtocostco.com/2014/10/11/costco-uk-coupon-book-october-13-november-2-2014/
    I check the prices for any bulk buys at the individual unit level, then decide if it makes sense. I only bulk buy and 99% of the time, only when items are on offer. I've got a big garage and half is used as a garage and half as a larder/shop. I find this really keeps the average cost of weekly shops down.

Good luck, Tilly x x
  • Hi Goldie

Just putting my two penneth worth in about C0stco. Not all the food items are industrial size so really easy to put in the freezer, some of the beauty products are sold in smaller packs too.

Also sometimes a good idea to go with a family member/friend so that you can split up with goods across more than one household

This time of year I'll also pick up a few Christmas items including their wrapping paper which I love, really good quality with graph paper lines on the back to help cut in straight lines #happytobeageek :rotfl:

Regards
    ATT
    MFW Start Date 1.4.08. Updated 23.1.18. MFW date 1.8.18
    Original Mortgage o/s £187,643 / £71,904 (-115,739)
    Repay o/s £92,661 / now £55,900 (-36,761)
    Int Only o/s £94,982, now £16,004 (-78,978)
    Total daily interest £1 [a) £0.77 b)£0.23
    Total OP's:2018 target £TBC YTD £1,995
  • Afternoon, thanks ATT, good advice for Goldie :)

I saw your comments about work and it sounds like we could both be facing similar situations. I'm finding it difficult at the moment and disagree with a number of executive decisions. Given I'm not quiet, I'm voicing my opinions :rotfl:

Hope you feel better ASAP.

Tilly x
  • Afternoon, what a day.

Freezer and larder inventory complete
    Menu plan from now until end November plus associated weekly shopping lists done
    Garage sorted
    Larder area sorted, tidied
    Animal food sorted and dog food order placed
    House vacuumed
    Washing completed
    Dishwasher loaded/unloaded
    Kitchen cleaned
    Rubbish bagged
    Charity bag full

Off to the gym soon :)

Lamb shanks taken out of freezer ready for making a SC meal
    Braising steak defrosting ready for cooking overnight

Lasagne for dinner this evening.

I've bought DS 16th birthday gift and need to put away

Only jobs left for today - do financials and tidy/clean study.

I have to go a little food shopping but fruit and green veg only :T

What a day. We had planned on going to London but have changed the plans to next week - let's hope the weather is ok.

Quick recap of where we are housewise - all upstairs is redecorated, hall, stairs, kitchen, breakfast room, utility all done this year. Next year will be dining room and conservatory and the whole house is finished.

Gym and church tomorrow then an afternoon of self undulgence - weather permitting a long dog walk and some autumn photography.

I hope everyone is enjoying the sun.

Best wishes, Tilly x
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Thanks for the info about Costc0 Tilly and ATT.

I looked at the latest offer book, and some of the things were items that I normally buy, so I could see there was a genuine saving.

Memebership is something I will consider. We are hoping to get a larger freezer next year, and make the garage more efficient for storage. The garage badly needs a good de-clutter and overhaul. Depending on traffic, our nearest Costc0 is a 30-40 minute drive away, so we'd need to make sure it'd be worthwhile going.

But great information, thank you so much :)
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough

• Gym and church tomorrow then an afternoon of self undulgence - weather permitting a long dog walk and some autumn photography.

I've set the bar at a very low level, so hope you can improve on
    my efforts, Tills :D

038_zps10c79f51.jpg

Sorry for the mud, t'was at the entrance to a farm drive :(

We've had a wonderful day today, hope you have an extraordinary time tomorrow.

Greying x :D
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £2/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £120.73/215
    Non-food household spend April £25.94/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Charity Blankets completed 1/24
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills