Rising to the top of the ocean - and staying afloat!

Comments

• elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Can I be a pain and have a coffee? But I did bring biscuits and cake for those of us that want some :)
  • Tea here too please, no sugar thanks I'm sweet enough (believe that, you'll believe anything!) :rotfl:

Love the photo's, they all look adorable :D

Hope you're feeling a bit better today, nothing worse than feeling pooh.
  • *flings self down in comfy chair*

I'm back ... guess what - I had to go ....... have been poked & proded, stuck with needles, x-ray'd etc etc (4.5 hours I was in there!) but no infusion!

Anyway ... I'm home, with another loads of meds to take :eek: and have to go back on Mon to see the Consultant and, if everything's OK, have my infusion then *sigh* - which is what I was after in the first place!

However, hopefully these new meds will make me feel a bit better over the weekend!:)

*kettles on*
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Glad you're back okay :) but rubbish to having to wait again for the infusion :( I'm having a cuppa :D
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • :j:j:j Great to see some lurkers coming out and saying hello!:D

A big welcome to:
    Lurker1972 wrote: »
    Another serial lurker here (hence the name), have 'seen' you posting elsewhere - love the family photos.

mmmmm wondering if you've had a big birthday this year (like me:eek:)
    I also hate being in limbo and budgeting is my downfall .... From what I can see you have it all under control so I shall sit back and learn from a professional !

:rotfl:Ohhhh I still make a lot of mistakes and have a lot to learn .... hope we can help each other stay on track!
    You say about bulk buying for the animals, does that include cat litter? We have 2 rescue cats that are not keen on outdoor toilets ( cant blame them in this weather) so we are going through litter at a rate of knots.

Awwww great news on the new additions, poor wee mites having 3 homes - TBH I've always kept a tray indoors (even when I had cats who went outside) as it's often the first sign that things can be wrong, water work wise IYKWIM.

Re cat litter, I changed to this around August time (was using wood pellets but they were getting very expensive and you waste loads)

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/cat_litter/biokats/fine_grain/137226

If you can make the order up to £19 you get free delivery & 5% cashback through Quid*co:)

You do need a lot in the tray initially (I need to use a whole bag as I've got a huge tray) but if you do this and it's therefore really deep, it clumps brilliantly. Wees are held together like pebbles & it's really easy to clean out. It's got a lovely smell too (which I thought might bother the cats but they seem to like it too!;)) so no horrid odours!

As it clumps so well, you only need to top it up a little probably a couple of times a week, so between the 2 bags, it lasts for ages!:T - ohhh, as long as it's kept clean & regularly cleaned out, you hardly ever need to do a full change (which would increase costs a lot as you need so much at the start) as nothing gets right through to the bottom of the tray:j.

There was a few of us did a trial of a few litters on the Pets board - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4030425&page=13 (I've linked to the last page) - also some to avoid on there! HTH
  • Shortie
    Shortie Posts: 2,224
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'll join you with the cuppa - I'm still slowly drinking a (now) luke warm cuppa from the canteen in work (I know, I know... but I feel grotty and I can't find my thermos flask to make a big cuppa in the pantry)

Hope the mediacation makes you feel better (though I think this was one of the things I missed in the other diary...)
    April 2021 Grocery Challenge 34.29 / 250
  • Also big welcomes to

Piquant
    how's that wee monster of yours settling in? :) and
    Robin I really need to catch up on your diary!:o Hope things are.... you know, getting a little easier.

Beanielou ..... you are wonderful :T a wee parcel was waiting for me when I got home (I've got a fab postie!) .... plugged in already & hopefully will see some results!:)

Right .... that's a Coffee for Elantan and tea for Robin Moomin and Purple ... anyone else? Shortie fling your cup over here and I'll top it up!
  • Glad you're back okay :) but rubbish to having to wait again for the infusion :( I'm having a cuppa :D

TBH it's probably better that I wait as I've been a bit worried it's them that are making me feel ill - after today, I think that's less likely but I'd still prefer to speak to my Consultant in person first so .....
    Shortie wrote: »
    Hope the mediacation makes you feel better (though I think this was one of the things I missed in the other diary...)

Ahhhh, yup - for new diary readers .... I've been a bit unwell recently - I've got Crohn's Disease and it's had a bit of a flare up unfortunately .... I had a spell of 10 days in hospital in October and then pretty much housebound since:(. The infusions are a relatively new treatment (and there's a trial going on just now that I managed to get on) so hoping they may help ... fingers crossed.
  • The new car ....

So - as some of you will know, I had to switch to an automatic car just before I became ill. I was just getting the hang of it (very different way of driving) but then haven't driven for around 8 weeks.....

Today was the 1st time I've driven it in town!

OMG .... it's wonderful :j:j and sooooooo easy :T:T I'd got to the point in the old one that there's no way I could've driven in town so would've had to park somewhere & get the bus in today if I'd still had it .... wow! I'm impressed!:D (worth a bit of an OD!)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,805
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Good news on the car :j

Had to send plug in bit too as couldent find the top :rotfl:

Hope you can hava a ok~ish weekend.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure