barclaycard login problems

2»

Comments

• Major login problems with mine - lets me in with my username and passcode but is claiming that my memorable word is incorrect (which it isn't!!), then when I play along & ask for a reminder to be issued to me by entering my card details as requested, it says ‘Your logon request could not be processed. Please check your details and try again’.

The online chat box isn't popping up for me either (I find it easier on there than calling) and I tried using the online email form, but when I come to submit it, it says that I am using unknown characters in my email (when I'm not)!! Frustrated is NOT the word!!

Any help here will be much appreciated x
    Since registering I have;

Had a free haircut, free Starbucks coffee (daily), free Visit Scotland book, free Open University Fossils guide book, free Rimmel Mascara, free Rimmel nail varnish, free sun cream, free Nivea cream, free Olay samples, free Lacoste samples... I've lost track already......!!
  • Thank you for choosing Barclaycard. An Advisor will be with you shortly. Your chat may be monitored and recorded for training and security purposes, any abusive or inappropriate dialogue will be reported. You are now connected with Shin.

Shin: Hi, thanks for visiting MyBarclaycard. You're chatting to Shin. What problems are you experiencing today Claire?

Claire: Hi Shin. This evening I activated my new Barclay card. I am a new account holder but when trying to log in to my account online, I can get as far as my memorable word, but it is not accepting it. When I press on the link to have my memorable word sent to me, I enter my card details as requested, but receive this message ‘Your logon request could not be processed. Please check your details and try again’. I do remember my memorable word as I only created the account last week and wrote all my details down and stored them in a safe place. I need access to my account as soon as possible.

Shin: I see.

Shin: I am sorry to hear that Claire. Do you see a hint or the memorable word reminder for your memorable word please?

Claire: Yes I do, but once I click this and enter my card details as requested I receieve this message: ‘Your logon request could not be processed. Please check your details and try again’

Shin: Ok.

Shin: If there is a clue and you cannot log-in, it just means that you maybe entering incorrect Memorable Word. Kindly click on the 'Forgot Memorable Word' tab to reset. Your memorable word can only be 6-8 letters long and none of those can be next to each other on the same row of keys, so for example, the word "Andrew" won't work because the "we" part are on the same row right next to each other, it also can't have any repeated letters so words like "Hannah" won't work either because of the "nn".

Claire: Please read again what I wrote above. I have done this already (EVEN THOUGH I KNOW MY MEMORABLE WORD IS CORRECT) but it won't even let me re-set the word!!

Shin: Ok.

Shin: I'm sorry that you are experiencing difficulty accessing MyBarclaycard. In order to help you further, I can give you the number for Internet Help Desk so they can reset your log-in details, for you to access your account. The number is 0844 811 1560 (Monday to Sunday: 8AM-10PM). Please stay on the line until you log-in.

Claire: I am not happy. This number will charge me for calling!

Claire: Hello?

Major login problems with mine - lets me in with my username and passcode but is claiming that my memorable word is incorrect (which it isn't!!), then when I play along & ask for a reminder to be issued to me by entering my card details as requested, it says ‘Your logon request could not be processed. Please check your details and try again’.

The online chat box isn't popping up for me either (I find it easier on there than calling) and I tried using the online email form, but when I come to submit it, it says that I am using unknown characters in my email (when I'm not)!! Frustrated is NOT the word!!

Any help here will be much appreciated x
    Since registering I have;

Had a free haircut, free Starbucks coffee (daily), free Visit Scotland book, free Open University Fossils guide book, free Rimmel Mascara, free Rimmel nail varnish, free sun cream, free Nivea cream, free Olay samples, free Lacoste samples... I've lost track already......!!
  • Hi,

I also can't login today. I haven't changed any of my login details, yet I can't login. First time I have had this issue.

Is it best to just wait and try again later?

Thanks
    Christine
  • LADY_A
    LADY_A Posts: 189 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    hi,

i also can't login today. I haven't changed any of my login details, yet i can't login. First time i have had this issue.

Is it best to just wait and try again later?

Thanks
    christine
    same here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • same here. I successfully logged in a few days ago. Today i can't login, no matter what i try. i cahtted to a virtual person, who suggested that barclaycard were having issues with some browsers. he saked me to try IE8, which they know works. i tried IE8 and it still had login problems. So, he told me contact INternet customer services on the 0844 number.

This is absolutely unacceptable from Barclaycard. especially since it seems that from the start of the thread, it was happening 2 weeks ago !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure