Cheque Cashing - whos the cheapest

2»

Comments

• paddyrg
    paddyrg Posts: 13,543 Forumite
    Welcome, good advice, but I hope the OP no longer needs it 4 years down the road ;-)
  • Enfieldian
    Enfieldian Posts: 2,893
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    paddyrg wrote: »
    Welcome, good advice, but I hope the OP no longer needs it 4 years down the road ;-)

Unless a year's worth of salary has been spent on cheque cashing fees.........
  • i have been signed up with oakham for a while.
    took a cheque in today of £780 and asked what i would get back.
    was told £756. apparently banks now take 5 days to clear it plus its bank holiday anyway. oakham,s system was down so went to cash converters and asked the same thing was told £705. i now have to wait two days for them to reopen but on the plus side i just saved you guys a load of money. i think their charge is £1.50 fee and 2.9% at todays date. check before you go.
    hope this helps a load of people. they have comment books at their front page so how about anyone that reads this and goes just put jason leo told me then maybe ill get a job there or a free mug. anyway hope this really helps. happy new year
  • dealer_wins
    dealer_wins Posts: 7,334 Forumite
    thebarber wrote: »
    i have been signed up with oakham for a while.
    took a cheque in today of £780 and asked what i would get back.
    was told £756. apparently banks now take 5 days to clear it plus its bank holiday anyway. oakham,s system was down so went to cash converters and asked the same thing was told £705. i now have to wait two days for them to reopen but on the plus side i just saved you guys a load of money. i think their charge is £1.50 fee and 2.9% at todays date. check before you go.
    hope this helps a load of people. they have comment books at their front page so how about anyone that reads this and goes just put jason leo told me then maybe ill get a job there or a free mug. anyway hope this really helps. happy new year

Another contender for most off-key post of the year.

I think the top 10 are all from the loans board LOL
  • iolanthe07
    iolanthe07 Posts: 5,493 Forumite
    Anyway, the post is months and years out of date.
    I used to think that good grammar is important, but now I know that good wine is importanter.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure