Cheap 'champagne' in LIDL for 99p

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
edited 8 March 2013 at 2:00PM in Food shopping & groceries
Official MoneySavingExpert insert:

For all the latest Champagne and sparkling wine deals, check out our Cheap Champagne page where you'll find the latest corking offers.

Back to the original post...

It's back; LIDL perry wine.
Even cheaper than last time; now selling for only 99p!

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_uk/hs.xsl/7067_16201.htm

Only available while stocks last!

Comments

• Basil1234
    Basil1234 Posts: 1,146 Forumite
    champagne is from a region in france. so is not champagne just a cheap wine and also a perry is made with pears not grapes as well hmm think ill give this one thanks.
  • margy
    margy Posts: 146 Forumite
    it might not be the real stuff, but you should try it . its realy quite nice. but some of us cant afford to splash out for exspensive champers, but at this price we can all celebrate christmas
    Basil1234 wrote: »
    champagne is from a region in france. so is not champagne just a cheap wine and also a perry is made with pears not grapes as well hmm think ill give this one thanks.
  • Makes you wonder what is actually in the bottle at that price !!!!!!!!!
    Production Costs
    Shipping Costs
    Profit Margin
    Duty
    VAT

Not for me thank you very much
  • I noticed it yesterday whilst doing the weekly shop. It’s hardly champagne, just sparkling wine made from pears. It claims to be 5.5% alcohol which is equivalent to beer I suppose, and at 99p a bottle you could drink it from a pint glass.
    Hic! Pardon.

:beer:
    Trying to learn something new every day.

;)
  • KimYeovil
    KimYeovil Posts: 6,156
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    mervyn11 wrote: »
    Makes you wonder what is actually in the bottle at that price !!!!!!!!!
    Production Costs
    Shipping Costs
    Profit Margin
    Duty
    VAT

Not for me thank you very much

Make you wonder what the 'normal' champagne price pays for at their prices!!!!!!

Perfume ad models cocaine habit
    Box at Wimbledon
    Couture suits
    Tax avoidance counsel
    Apartments for mistresses
    Visits to the dungeon
    Bribes to stop vinyard subsidy reform...
  • raphanius
    raphanius Posts: 1,338
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    i tried the perry wine last xmas and it gave me heartburn so i wont be buying it again :(
    Wins: 2008: £606.10 2009: £806.24 2010: £713.47 2011: 328.32
  • Coopdivi
    Coopdivi Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    It will be similar to Babycham which back in the Sixties was advertised as 'the genuine champagne perry' They can't call it that any more of course.

Babycham is 6% alcohol and costs £2.27 in Asda for a 75cl bottle. So the Lidl version looks a decent deal if you like that sort of thing.
  • dizzybuff
    dizzybuff Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    Just buy proper perry . Its alot nicer and much kinder on the head. A nice cava is just as nice as champaine . Personally I think its over priced taff just because it comes from a certain region in france. Proschetto (sp) is also rather tasty .

Although being 34 weeks preg on xmas day I wont be indulging, although I may buy some agostine bitters and do myself a nice non alchoholic G&T.
    ONE HOUSE , DS+ DD Missymoo Living a day at a time and getting through this mess you have created.
    One day life will have no choice but to be nice to me :rotfl:
  • stumpycat
    stumpycat Posts: 597 Forumite
    Coopdivi wrote: »
    It will be similar to Babycham which back in the Sixties was advertised as 'the genuine champagne perry' They can't call it that any more of course.

Babycham is 6% alcohol and costs £2.27 in Asda for a 75cl bottle. So the Lidl version looks a decent deal if you like that sort of thing.

Ah, takes me back to the days when you could get a pint of cider & Babycham in the Barrowlands in Glasgow!
    :beer:
  • They still had quite a few left in my LIDL. Tomorrow I'm off with my wheels and bicycle elastics to get two cases of the stuff (24 bottles). Here's an earlier thread on this offer:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2334731
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport