The 5k challenge!!!

Options

Comments

• gothrockchic1
    gothrockchic1 Posts: 1,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Friday was a NSD. I sold an item on EBay so once fee etc have been worked out and the buyer has received their item I will add that.

I am waiting on a free listing day too I have a few things I could sell, in fact that's an understatement.

I haven't decided on the HR course yet. I am tempted to take out a 0% CC but that will hold me back in my savings as I will have to make repayments...so watch this space!
  • gothrockchic1
    gothrockchic1 Posts: 1,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Made £1.55 profit from the Ebay sale, it's a start!
  • gothrockchic1
    Options
    Hi all, about time for an update. Savings wise I haven't done much I have put some bits on Facebook group but nothing has sold so far. Wrong time of the year I suppose.

I'm up to £1030 not a lot more being saved.

OH's Christmas job finishes this Friday so I am trying to get him organised, his CV is done (so he says) and has applied for a a few jobs so no 6 months being unemployed this time! ;) Then I can properly save! :D

Been having a few NSD's :D

They are getting easier!
  • cydney65
    cydney65 Posts: 829 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Good luck to your OH. Hope he finds a job soon.
    TOTAL DEBT @ LBM : 17082.66 DEBT FREE 7/01/13 Save 12K in 2019 No. 63; Jan £816.08 Total £816.08/£5000 :o Penny a Day £108.50 We all grow old, use your life, the world goes and flutters by
  • gothrockchic1
    Options
    Thanks Cydney, let's hope he puts more effort into it this time!

I got some great news I am getting anothe bonus at the end of the month :j

So depending on how Mr Taxman takes I will add that to the ISA! I think I have had more bonus in this new job that my last.
  • gothrockchic1
    Options
    Hi everyone, payday was Thursday and January was a hard month. My bonus came in and I have put in £100 less for the monthly bills as OH is still being paid for his Christmas job.

So I have saved £180 this month and I have bagged up all of my change as well so I will update that when it's in the bank.

£1211/£5000

With the view to put more in as I have budgeted comfortably but I do need clothes particulary jeans as I discovered a hole in my favorite ones :eek: I also need new work trousers and tops too so I have allowed £50 this month. I have some vouchers too :)
  • Brokeattheminute
    Options
    Youre doing really well gothrockchic im trying to save 6000 by the end of the yr think its a bit ambitious but anything from 5-6000 id be happy with, gd luck on achieving your target!
  • gothrockchic1
    Options
    Thank you Brokeattheminute. It's going to be a slow process as all of my clothes are worn and there are a few things I'd like to do as well so it's a balancing act.
  • gothrockchic1
    Options
    Hi everyone, sorry to be a bit quiet of late....

I met up with some musicians on Tuesday and although 2 have dropped out I am in as Bass/Vocilaist. It will be interesting playing and singing at the same time but I had fun on Tuesday. No meet up planned as yet but I am aware there is a shortage of pedals on my side so I am considering buying some soon.

This means the savings will go down but thats what they are there for.

I need to do next months budget and it's a free listing weekend on Ebay so I will put some big items on there as well. :)

Also I have booked a photographer on Monday (£19 voucher on Itison) so I need to prepare for that! :eek:
  • gothrockchic1
    Options
    Hi all, thought I'd give you a quick update. Challenge wise I'm £1216/£5000.

Music-wise I'm still with the band but playing musical chairs with musicians so watch this space.

How is everyone doing?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport