edited 29 October 2012 at 3:59PM in Shop but don't drop
Recycle for tesco points
This discussion is part of the

article, all about

Recycling printer cartridges for cash

which is part of the Flog what you've got section

Please feel free to add your comments, suggestions or questions
Just click reply

Hi, I have just earn £15.00 by doing just that. ;D This link will explain everything to you.

www.empty-inkjet-cartridges.com/

Regards
Martin

Comments

• gimpo
    gimpo Posts: 2 Newbie
    great link thx m8
  • jo_b_2
    jo_b_2 Posts: 7,123
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Just got all excited, thinking I'd found a new way to make loads of cash. Unfortunately, they don't accept Epson cartridges. :(

Does anyone know of any companies that will pay cash for used Epson cartridges?
  • This sounds amazing!!!

There must be a catch. :-/
  • VelvetGlove
    VelvetGlove Posts: 12,008
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Oh didn't know this was possible :) I'd also be interested in one that accepted Epson cartridges, not that I go through loads but everything helps :)
    Sad because you don't know what to do? :sad: Comping question? Take a look in the Comping Guide to find out :smiley:
  • spotter
    spotter Posts: 50 Forumite
    Also useful: Selling empties, inkjet and toner

and for Epson cartridges: Epson Cartridges Thread
  • £$&*"($£&(
    £$&*"($£&( Posts: 4,538 Forumite
    They seem to pay 10p for most cartridges. I use the Tesco recycling scheme - 50 points on the clubcard for each plus 50p to charity.

Epson not accepted though.
  • MT Cartridge Recycling based in Bath buys empty cartridges for recycling.

http://www.mtcr.freeuk.com/
    It has taken about 4,500,000,000 (4.5 billion) years for the Earth to form as it is now .........
    and it'll only take about another 100 years for mankind to really **** it up!!!!
  • MORPH3US
    MORPH3US Posts: 4,906
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Can you recycle laser cartridges for money?

I can do what I like with works cartridges so if they are worth £££ then i'll be quids in!

M
  • Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 3 August 2012 at 10:09AM
    MORPH3US wrote:
    Can you recycle laser cartridges for money?

I can do what I like with works cartridges so if they are worth £££ then i'll be quids in!

M
    Apparently yes :) (Only virgin i.e. non-recycled cartridges and not Lexmark manufactured HP toner cartridges nor anything that is broken)

I would double check with your employer first though. They may not be so happy if they discover you are making money from them, even if you are removing their scrap. It's not worth losing your job over!

Has your company got a suggestion scheme? Before you say no, best to double check. I've worked for a number of employers and used their suggestion schemes for financial reward even though the majority of the employees including some managers and even some of the personnel department didn't even know of it's existence.

Why not suggest your employer use the site to obtain money for their used cartridges rather than just disposing of them (which they probably have to pay someone to take them away). A good suggestion scheme often rewards the employee based on the amount of savings your employer is anticipated to make.
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • why not epson!!!!

also how do ifind out about the tesco scheme? is it still running
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family