Carrington Carr???

http://mortgages.carringtoncarr.co.uk/index.asp

anyone had any dealings?, just been cold called by them?
something missing

Comments

• payless
    payless Posts: 6,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Now part of a larger group.

Not sure about current practices, but believe they used to charge fees.
    just been cold called by them

that practice is soon to be banned in mortgage industry-

Extract from FSA guidelines -
    We think that cold-calling can expose consumers to high pressure sales tactics which mean that they end up with an inappropriate or over-expensive product (or service). Our financial promotion rules therefore ban unsolicited real-time promotions (cold calling) unless there is a pre-existing customer relationship through which the consumer expects to receive such promotions

http://www.carringtoncarr.com/terms.htm
    shows the list of lenders they use and other info
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • just cancelled with them, what's the odd's they turn up anyway?!!

think I'll go to the pub for an hour!.
    something missing
  • Don't go within 100 miles of this company, they are so. unprofessional.
  • Rick62
    Rick62 Posts: 989 Forumite
    I thought cold calling had been banned for a couple of years?

Web site very unprofessional, doesn't say if regulated by the FSA, no link to IDD, nothing really.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    It has been barred. This thread is from 2004. A couple of weeks before cold calling (and mortgage regulation in general) came in.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • They will not cold call, that is not allowed, and they will be able to prove it, they are a very proffessional company who provide an excellent service, fees are just one small part of any mortgage deal, people need to think long term!!!! I work for a simarlar type of company and sick of narrow minded remarks.
  • Did you perhaps used to work for this company? you seem to have some bitterness towards them? Very strange!
  • dunstonh
    I dont like scumbag claims companies that lie to get money out of consumers on cases where there is little or no chance of success.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • eboy1975
    eboy1975 Posts: 40 Forumite
    dunstonh - i think you will find that they are not a claims management firm.
  • dunstonh
    eboy1975 wrote: »
    dunstonh - i think you will find that they are not a claims management firm.

There was a post before mine from a claims company. The board removed it as spam.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure