PLEASE READ - Posts by the MSE Team and BG's - merged

Comments

• Moneybot
    Moneybot Posts: 10,448 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Luckyone wrote: »
    We are not allowing self promotion as the board rules say.

As for the thanks anyone can go into the game over section & post the comp on the main board as long as they are not connected to the company AND like I did link back to the first comp that was self promotion & ask people to check their thanks, which also gives the chance to click thanks on the bottom of the original posters comp so the self promotion person who first listed the comp also get the thanks

It's nothing to do with taking the thanks away from the first person, it's about getting good comps listed back on the boards for everyone to enter

Same as comps that are posted with the wrong title lay out, we all explain the correct way to post it but more than likely they don't do it so it goes into game over. Anyone can go in their re list the comp with correct details with a link to the original comp that was listed wrong to check their thanks & thank the original poster

xxx
    But you are allowing self promotion!

It would encourage people to post self promotions competitions if they knew they would only get moved to GO and re posted!
    Rational judgement, now, at this very moment.

Virtuous action, now, at this very moment.
    (Wisdom, Courage, Self-control, Justice)

Willing acceptance - now, at this very moment - of what you can’t change
  • Luckyone
    Luckyone Posts: 23,016 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    But it would not be self promotion. Self promotion is if the person them self posts it

xxx
    This Post Has Been Sponsored By
    Chocolate
  • lilias
    lilias Posts: 7,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    MSE really don't want us to collude with self promoters.

MSE Forum Manager
    post_old.gif 16-08-2011, 3:53 PM Official Forum Manager
    Serious MoneySaving Fan
    image.php?u=60163&dateline=1220703697

Posting Comps for Companies
    Hi Folks

It has come to our attention that some companies are attempting to sidestep our Forum Rules on vested interest posting by agreeing certain members post competitions on their behalf. Let's be clear, we absolutely will not tolerate this, and if we find out this is still happening we have the option of banning not only the company from our forum, but also the user account in question.

Please don't do it.
  • Luckyone
    Xmas Saver!
    lilias wrote: »
    MSE really don't want us to collude with self promoters.

MSE Forum Manager
    post_old.gif 16-08-2011, 3:53 PM Official Forum Manager
    Serious MoneySaving Fan
    image.php?u=60163&dateline=1220703697

Posting Comps for Companies
    Hi Folks

It has come to our attention that some companies are attempting to sidestep our Forum Rules on vested interest posting by agreeing certain members post competitions on their behalf. Let's be clear, we absolutely will not tolerate this, and if we find out this is still happening we have the option of banning not only the company from our forum, but also the user account in question.

Please don't do it.

Thanks Lilias,

I really did not see this before.

So Scrap that then :rotfl:

So back to using the expired button to get the self promotions off the forum would be even more appropriate now then gets them off faster :beer:

xxx
    Chocolate
  • Moneybot
    Moneybot Posts: 10,448 Forumite
    Thanks Lilias,

So back to using the expired button to get the self promotions off the forum would be even more appropriate now then gets them off faster :beer:

xxx

No using the expired button only moves them to a different board. Self promotion should be reported to get deleted off the forum.
    Rational judgement, now, at this very moment.

Virtuous action, now, at this very moment.
    (Wisdom, Courage, Self-control, Justice)

Willing acceptance - now, at this very moment - of what you can’t change
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,864 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post

Same as comps that are posted with the wrong title lay out, we all explain the correct way to post it but more than likely they don't do it so it goes into game over. Anyone can go in their re list the comp with correct details with a link to the original comp that was listed wrong to check their thanks & thank the original poster

xxx

pm a BG with the correct end date to edit and move it back as other people do, if you repost it people will report it as a dupe

Thanks Lilias,

xxx

no, report self promotion as other people do and the team will remove it, (sending it to GO is not getting it off the forums, only off the main comps board) the expire button is for expired comps :)

edit to add: sorry moneybot cross posted with you :)
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Luckyone
    Xmas Saver!
    Thanks Moneybot & Glad,

Pleased I brought it up now because I had no idea you could PM a BG to get the comp out of game over & back listed on the main comp board with the correct title :beer:

When you report a post as self promotion do you just write posted as self promotion? sounds daft but there are so many title options I was not sure

xxx
    Chocolate
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,888 Forumite

When you report a post as self promotion do you just write posted as self promotion? sounds daft but there are so many title options I was not sure

xxx

Yes I just put posted as self-promotion (I also point out if the user name is self-promotion), one last night was removed quite quickly.
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,832 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    what do we do about the daily mags that are duped then please?
    Cornish pasty always asks we press expired to send them to GO
    & it's been working well, but if we're not to expire dupes now what do we do about the daily dupes :)
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• Luckyone
    Xmas Saver!
    mjm3346 wrote: »
    Yes I just put posted as self-promotion (I also point out if the user name is self-promotion), one last night was removed quite quickly.

Thank You,

That makes sence :)

I will do that then

xxx
    Chocolate
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income