PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

In need of ideas for a nursery rhyme costume

2»

Comments

• Poppy9
    Poppy9 Posts: 18,833
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    • What about Doctor Foster. Only need a white coat and a stethoscope
    • Polly put the kettle on - a parrot costume holding a teapot!
    • I'm a little teapot - teapot shaped tabard with the lid as a hat and arms as spout and handle!!
    • Incy Wincy Spider - black furry tabbard with legs dangling off!!
    Shame on you being competitive. :D My OH is like that. DD won a Maths hat competition in school. OH made a times table hat from a shoe box & toilet rolls complete with mini table cloth and clock faces and maths symbols.
    :) ~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~:)
  • floyd
    floyd Posts: 2,722
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hickory Dickory Dock, make a Grandfather clock from Supermarket boxes with her face painted as the clock face and make a little mouse to go on the side
  • pukkamum
    pukkamum Posts: 3,942
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    What about humpty dumpty!!!!1 If you have a hoola hoop you could sew material on it to make the egg shape!
    I don't get nearly enough credit for not being a violent psychopath.
  • Whats your little girl called, is it a name used in a Nursery Rhyme?
    My 4yr old Polly, went as Polly put the kettle on, white apron from and old white waffle dressing gown, with net curtain frill attached and an old cooper kettle ornament. She Won!!!
  • Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,685
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    My Mum has a picture of me aged 5 dressed as the Queen of Hearts (white pinafore dress with red cloth hearts cut out and stuck on. My crown was card covered in gold foil and a muffin baking tray and wooden spoon).
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • You must be getting over the morning (all day) sickness then! How about a dog- as in there was a farmer who had a dog and bingo was his name-o. Good luck- be careful the other competitive Mums, they can be a vicious breed.
    earn what you can, save what you can, give what you can :hello:
  • me and my bro once won a competition dressed as the owl and !!!!!cat, my mum even made us a pea green boat, its a good idea if she has a little friend also stuck for an idea you could share the glory of winning and its unusual so no one else will think of it
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • tifnstav
    tifnstav Posts: 441 Forumite
    a bridal hoop could be used as ring a ring o roses by sticking paper roses on, or ones you could make with fabric, give her a pocket full of posies(again more fake flowers) and some tissues. dress her in pink or in something floral to set the theme.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure