Post Office Budget Card - good idea??

2»

Comments

• Falze
    Falze Posts: 872 Forumite
    If they have clearly stated you need to cancel one and you have not miss understood then i would personally cancel one. No point in causing problems and rocking the cart in my opinion. Whether the OR is right is a different matter.

I use savings tins around the home and at each pay day put an amount into tins for week 1, week 2, week 3, week 4, xmas, kids birthday, holiday, water-gas-elec, car, emergency and then one for Wedding fund. I pop a bit in each month and enough in the week 1 etc to cover the day to day costs.

So far so good for us, just leave enough in the bank for DD's. You have to not use a tin for anything but the designated purposes (and hide from Mrs F !!!!!)

Best of luck, its not easy, but its how we do it. In a wierd way i look forward to spliting the money up each month. Sad i know.

Hope your bums better,

Falze.
    I'm no expert, but i'll give you my opinion, my support and my experience. Its all i have.

Delcared BR 28th May'10 - Married 30th April'11 - Auto Discharged 28th May'11 - Life Changing
  • mmm I think I may just get one for the car tax, at least then I know its there when I need it...and Falze I think the jars/tins idea may be the way to go...at least then I know what I've got - or not!! I pay most stuff like council tax and rent by DD anyway. Its the other 'bits and bobs' money that I need to keep track of....and at least I have no Mr TQ to hide tins from!!!

and thank you - my rear end is feeling a lot less inflammed now!!
    Getting fit for 2013 - Starting weight 10.1.13 88.1kg
    Weight 27.3.13 79.1kg :( weight 2.4.13 79.9kg Weight 24.4.13 77.8kg. 4.6.13 76kg

BSC member 331
  • Falze
    Falze Posts: 872 Forumite
    I wish mine was a lot less inflated !!:rotfl:

x
    I'm no expert, but i'll give you my opinion, my support and my experience. Its all i have.

Delcared BR 28th May'10 - Married 30th April'11 - Auto Discharged 28th May'11 - Life Changing
  • I have been thinking about "budgetting by tins" --- I remember from my younger days (OK we wrote on slates .... but ... ) we had a savings tin in the house, about a foot long 3 or 4 inches wide and the same deep, with several slots in the top labelled "Electric" , "Food" ... etc. Wonder if you can still get them !
  • 25%. I was able to open a post office savings account post br paying a lot more interest. Worth a look anyhow.
  • Mummy to a very gorgeous little boy and baby girl :D

|'1% at a time' #116 |
  • Ah, yes, Naughty ... that's the sort of thing ---- thanks :-)

Nice to know they still do them
  • I've just ordered one, hopefully it will help me keep things straight!
    Getting fit for 2013 - Starting weight 10.1.13 88.1kg
    Weight 27.3.13 79.1kg :( weight 2.4.13 79.9kg Weight 24.4.13 77.8kg. 4.6.13 76kg

BSC member 331
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport