Anyone sent a parcel to Australia recently via Royal Mail?

I sent a parcel to Australia on 3rd December via International signed for airmail. On their website they say allow approx 5 days for delivery - it's been 13 days now and still no sign :o

I was just wondering whether anyone had sent anything recently and if so is it taking longer than normal?

Comments

• I send a lot to Australia. The time taken to arrive varies considerably. It depends a lot on the particular area of Oz. If it's rural it will take longer.
    I don't think the web site average delivery times count in the run up to Xmas.
    The last international posting day for Christmas was the 4th and your could easily still have been in the Uk on the 4th, so who knows how long it will take.
  • cyberbob
    cyberbob Posts: 9,480 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Sent a parcel to rural queensland last month and it took 10 days ish.
  • Sent a some darts sold on ebay to Queensland, took 12 days including weekends to get there. (sent saturday, got there thursday 2 weeks after that)
  • I send parcels to Australia all the time as thats my home.

Sent 3 parcels to my parents house with xmas pressies in for everyone as breaking them up means cheaper postage.

All 3 posted the evening of Thurs 3rd Dec.

2 arrived Wed 9th Dec (6 days including weekend)

Last 1 arrived today Wed 16th Dec (13 days including weekend)

Xmas 2008 when i posted 3 parcels, all the same day and before the last posting date, 2 arrived in time for xmas and 1 we thought was just lost, it then turned up Feb 09.
    Mummy to two girls: October 2013 and February 2016
  • we`ve had 2 from Australia...1 took 6 days, the other 13
  • Thanks all, I've just had a text saying it's arrived (it was Xmas pressies rather than ebay items but thought this was the best place to ask) so that's 14 days it's taken from the UK to Sydney. The main thing is that it got there before Xmas so I'm happy :)

Coincidentally I received my pressies from Australia today - posted on the 9th so that's 7 days from Sydney to the UK.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure