Is talktalk super secure boost any good?

2»

Comments

• Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Hi Guys,

The Super Secure Boost is a security program offered by TalkTalk.

This used to be charged at £2 per months however this service is now offered for free.

TalkTalk customers can sign up for and remove this service as necessary via the My Account System.

Regards

Not on your " Essentials " package it isn't, it is still showing at £2 per month, or does your web site need updating?
  • JasX
    JasX Posts: 3,996 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 6 August 2010 at 4:19PM
    OP,

Can we save alot of effort all round and just stress the earlier answer to your original question:
    silkyuk9 wrote: »
    Is talktalk super secure boost any good?
    Answer: No*

*If you're dopey enough not to have your own decent Anti virus and visit alot of dodgy sites this might change to a partial yes but thats an extreme case (what you currently have is perfectly sufficient £2 a month or otherwise :) )
  • debitcardmayhem
    debitcardmayhem Posts: 11,857 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    The answer is of course ... Let us wait until we receive our first "Can someone look at this log" then we can say told you so.
    🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖BUT my responses are now out of my control they are posted via ChatGPT or the latest AI
  • Don't bother with it, and get Microsoft Security Essentials, Avast, AVG, or one of the myriad other free anti-virus programs out there!
  • spud17
    spud17 Posts: 4,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Don't bother with it, and get Microsoft Security Essentials, Avast, AVG, or one of the myriad other free anti-virus programs out there!

Nearly, you obviously meant to put Avira, but typed AVG. :)
    Move along, nothing to see.
  • TalkTalk
    TalkTalk Posts: 1,948 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi All,The F_Secure service is offered for free to Plus customer, my apologies I was not clearer in regards to my last posting on this subject.In terms of the virus definitions this is updated by F-secure. The product itself is rated reasonably high in user opinion polls and since TalkTalk have utilised our partnership with F-Secure we have seen consistent improvements in the overall functionality of the Super Security Boost.The benefits of this in comparison to other antivirus packages would need to be done on an individual basis due to the variance in levels of antivirus software available eg free vs. premium.In the event you already have an F-Secure subscription TT cannot just migrate this, the request for the security boost would nee dot originate form TT for this to be billed via ourselves.And yes the program can be easily uninstalled if this is affecting performance (noting there are obviously minimum system requirements for the product), if done so you would need to contact TT to also remove the service from your billing account.RegardsM:)
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure