Say No to 0870.com - Serious Problems!!

Options
2»

Comments

• bbb_uk
    bbb_uk Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    Options
    The website for doing number searches is currently working it's just forum access that isn't.

It now displays a message as follows:-
    TECHNICAL PROBLEMS: Due to todays article in 'The Times' we are receiving a far higher number of visitors to normal. As such, you may be experiencing problems accessing certain parts of the website. Please bear with us, and try again later. Thanks for your support.
    The times article was mentioned in this thread.

This is all good publicity except I can see the likes of BA, etc that will get complaints now to remove their geographical number so people are then forced to ring an 0870.
  • BASIL
    BASIL Posts: 336 Forumite
    Options
    was also in a different free london paper. - made it sound like it was brand new - not something those of us who are clued up use all the time!
    '' it'll take time to restore chaos...'' G W Bush
  • bbb_uk
    Options
    Might I suggest that you save your alternative numbers that you use a lot somewhere as I can anticipate the site being very busy for the next few days possibly even longer as more and more people are made aware of the real cost of these numbers and start looking for alternatives themselves.
  • bbb_uk
    Options
    The site is up and running now. I suspect though that due to over-demand it may go down again.

I noticed it was in the Daily Mail today as well here as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure