Tmobile price increase

Comments

• powerful_Rogue
    powerful_Rogue Posts: 7,504 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Heres the facebook picture ruflonger mentioned earlier on.

Facebook.png
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Thank you, another nail for the coffin :T
    ====
  • RandomCurve
    RandomCurve Posts: 1,637 Forumite
    anna2007 wrote: »
    I've also received a letter today, I think it's in response to my original letter received by T-Mobile on 9 April. Seems just a generic response, but what strikes me is that, unlike the written notice, it is specifically dated 10 April 2013, and states "The rise is in line with the Retail Price Index (RPI) which is currently at 3.3%". To me, this is definitive proof that they are simply quoting the incorrect rate, rather than the future one?

Does your letter of 9 April say the same?

I would not go down the route of "simply quoting the incorrect rate" as there may be some clause hidden away that allows them off the hook for "genuine mistakes". I'd keep on the path you have been which is they are in breach of contract for trying to impose an RPI higher than they are allowed to.
    I would use that letter to send to the ONS re my early post regarding a leak at ONS, I think if ONS take this up with T-Mobile they will soon have to admit they are not using March RPI.

I have not contacted ONS myself as I am a post Oct 2012 customer, but if I were pre Oct I would write to ONS stating that you have reason to believe there may have been a leak of stats to T-Mobile as you received this letter date 10th April that refers to current RPI being 3.3%. and then asking them to investigate the leak as per clause (what ever it was) from their own publication.
  • RandomCurve
    d123 wrote: »
    Thank you, another nail for the coffin :T

For Post Oct 12customersT-Mobile have not only provided enough nails - they have also shut the lid and hammered them in!!! The contract states (copiedfrom their letter to me trying to say that were not in breach)

Clause 7.2.3.3. of our terms state that we will use astatistical measure of RPI publishedon a date as close as reasonably possiblebefore the date weprovide our customers with written notice”

Writtennotice was between 5-8 April and the RPI published on a date before that was February’sfigure of 3.2% published on 19 March 16 day gap. T-Mobile may try to claim thatthe time between 19th March and 5 April is unreasonable and thereforethey have used Januarys figure. However if you look back at posts #180 and #182Guysdad and anna2007 you can see that T-Mobile managed to notify customerswithin 8 days of the RPI being published last year –Feb 2012 RPI published 20 March 2012, T-Mobileletter dated 28 March.

CASECLOSED :j
  • anna2007
    anna2007 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    I would not go down the route of "simply quoting the incorrect rate" as there may be some clause hidden away that allows them off the hook for "genuine mistakes".

Thanks, I hadn't thought of it like that. I wonder how many 'genuine mistakes' they're allowed to make :D
    I would use that letter to send to the ONS re my early post regarding a leak at ONS, I think if ONS take this up with T-Mobile they will soon have to admit they are not using March RPI.

I have not contacted ONS myself as I am a post Oct 2012 customer, but if I were pre Oct I would write to ONS stating that you have reason to believe there may have been a leak of stats to T-Mobile as you received this letter date 10th April that refers to current RPI being 3.3%. and then asking them to investigate the leak as per clause (what ever it was) from their own publication.

I emailed the ONS this morning (before I'd seen the T-Mobile letter), asking about pre-release access, explaining that T-Mobile are saying they have used the latest rate (forwarded EE's email of 19th) and asking them to investigate. They emailed me back this afternoon:

Dear Anna

Thank you for your email.

The following is a link to the latest Consumer Price Index / Retail Price Index pre release access March 2013.
    The phrase 'Pre-release Access' refers to the practice whereby official statistics in their final form, and any accompanying written commentary, are made available to an eligible person in advance of their publication. The rules and principles which govern pre-release access are featured within the Pre-release Access to Official Statistics Order 2008.

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/cpi/consumer-price-indices/march-2013/consumer-prices-inflation-pre-release-access-list--march-2013.html

They didn't comment on the T-Mobile issue, so I'll follow up with another email and a copy of the latest letter.
  • RandomCurve
    I have just emailed the below to the following newspapers (as Which are taking their time at getting back to me):
    1. Express
    2. London Evening Standard,
    3. Manchester Evening news,
    4. Metro, Daily Mirror,
    5. The Sun
    6. The Times,
    7. Daily Mail, and
    8. FT.
    Re: 2 Million Customers to leave T-Mobile?

DearSir,

You may be aware that T-Mobile increased its prices Mid-term on “fixed contracts”, however what you may be unaware of is that unlike other mobile phone companies T-Mobile has mis-timed its letters and is now in Breach of contract. This gives customers the right to terminate their contract without penalty IF they contact T-Mobile before 9th May.

For proof of this please see the email response I received from T-Mobile when I tried to cancel the contract (and my reply letter attached (T-Mobile 3 BLANK - I have removed personal information)). I think it is plain to see that the Breach is real.

T-Mobile are obviously trying to hush this up until after 9th May, by refusing to cancel contracts and delaying responses to letters, but I think your readers may have a genuine interest if you were to run this story.

I would be happy to speak with you (07XXX-XXXXXX) if you would like to discuss.

Note there are two different T-Mobile contracts the one below where it is clear a breach has taken place, an another one which is a little more complex, however I believe that contract has also been breached, and in any case it would be wise for customers to write to T-Mobile immediately as if a breach is proved they would have lost their cancellation rights by not writing in.

Regards

I put the above as a "Forward" with the T-Mobile "Not in breach defence" and attached my letter which points out the difference between the words BEFORE and CLOSEST TO.

Hopefully someone will take up the story!
  • RandomCurve
    edited 25 April 2013 at 11:05PM
    http://www.mediauk.com/newspapers/starting-with/a

Above link takes you to a site where you can obtain contact details for the media should you also want to try and generate some publicity.
  • RandomCurve
    anna2007 wrote: »

They didn't comment on the T-Mobile issue, so I'll follow up with another email and a copy of the latest letter.

Keep us posted on how you get on.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Reminds me that Martin is still too busy doing all his TV appearances to get involved :mad:

Not even a single tweet :(

Nice to have a little help from him (or not).
    ====
  • shedder101
    shedder101 Posts: 48 Forumite
    is Martin on T Mobile? dont want to rock the boat
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business