Ambi Pur 3volution

Any one know what type of liquid is used in these, can you get generic refills - large bottles that you can just squirt in to, or maybe some of the cheaper refills can be used?
It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
(OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)

Comments

• Unhban
    Unhban Posts: 11 Forumite
    BexTech wrote: »
    Any one know what type of liquid is used in these, can you get generic refills - large bottles that you can just squirt in to, or maybe some of the cheaper refills can be used?
    I agree that the Ambi Pur refills are expensive for what they are, especially if you have several in the house - in fact at one time it was cheaper to buy the combined heating element and bottle, than just the refill! But when the original bottle is empty it's easy to prise off the top and refill it. With this in mind, while at a car boot sale, I saw THE BEE'S KNEES POT POURRI AND BURNER OIL.

They come in 15ml bottles and were 30p so I purchased the Night Musk. Thinking of it being flammable, and of the heating element in the Ambi Pur, I diluted the NM to water 1:2. It worked, and the smell was fine.

Now, I've run out and so was in Tesco yesterday and saw they had the Ambi Pur car refills at £1.48 against the normal refill at £3.48 (approx.). So I purchsed the car refill and that works too. In fact, the car refill seems much stronger than the normal one, so I could turn the heating value right down.

Now what we want, ideally, is a source of large bottles at knock down price. Anyone?
  • BexTech
    BexTech Posts: 4,772 Forumite
    Thanks for the info.

Yeah, would be good to find a bulk source.
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
  • BexTech
    BexTech Posts: 4,772 Forumite
    Lidl have W5 Home DEO refill bottles 99p for 25ml, I'm sure it's just a case of pulling out the nozzles and pouring it in to the other smaller bottles.
  • It's off to Lidl for me then. Came across an "offer" for refil kits at .01 plus shipping (£2.50). OK if you order several I thought until I realised you pay £2.50 for EACH kit! Some offer.

Pleased to see someone is still "bothered" about the English language BexTech. The worst I think I've seen on that front (OK it's half French but hey!) was the Gateaux cake on offer in a supermarket some years ago!!!

Is it just me or do you find phrases like "very" saturated annoy you beyond reason too? I always though saturated was a defined point at which something could no longer absorb more liquid. I don't understand how something can be "very" such a state. Every morning on BBC Breakfast you will find another example but hey what do I know!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure