Ear thermometer £9.99 (merged)

Comments

• Purchased one yesterday fo £9.99. The daughter loves it. When you take a temperature it speaks the reading to you.

Looks like it's subsidised by a brand of childrens pain releif. But works a treat. Don't know how much the disposable ear covers are but it came with a money of voucher (50%) for the next purchase. Only valid to 30th June though.

Lloyds have some very good offers like this every month opr so. :j
  • Iona_Penny
    Iona_Penny Posts: 697
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Dropped my prescription off at my local v. small LLoyds chemist and they had a number (20-25) of baby ear thermometers in boxed sets for £9.99 which they claimed were reduced from £49.99.

It's a while since I had young kids but they were orange in colour and may have been 'Calpol' make but can't remember. There appeared to be the oval thermoeter, a case, and repacement somethings. Some of you may recognise what I'm talking about. Don't know if it would be all LLoyds but we have a larger branch locally too and I can investigate if there is any interest.
  • briank5400
    briank5400 Posts: 40 Forumite
    I can confirm that... I sent an email to Lloyds a few months back and was told that they would be back in stock in June - unfortunately I couldn't wait!

(see snippet below).
    Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding purchasing a Calpol Digital Ear Thermometer this product was a success for our business which means there would be limited amount of stock in the business now. I can let you know that we will be running a similar offer during June at the same fantastic promotional price of Only £9.99. All stores will receive stock of this line up to and during the month of June so you should have no problems purchasing this line.
    Treat everyday as your last one on earth! and one day you will be right.
  • callansdad
    callansdad Posts: 766
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    These are Nurofen Digital Ear thermometers. They should be available at most lloyd pharmacys. I bought mine from Elgin, they weren't advertised and they were hidden in tiny displays at the counter, very discreet. These are a mammoth buy at £9.99, well worth it, this even talks to you and tells you the temperature when you use it!! I think there is another thread for this somewhere, this is how I bought one
    A banker is someone who lends you an umbrella when the sun is shining, and who asks for it back when it start to rain.
  • divadee
    divadee Posts: 10,609
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    This has been posted before here so i will merge them in to that thread. :)
  • shirlyn
    shirlyn Posts: 133 Forumite
    I tried to click on the link to buy the £9.99 ear thermometer but when I click on the link it doesn't connect can you give me the direct web site address.
  • max2002ad
    max2002ad Posts: 303
    Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    Lloyds pharmacy does not sell the thermometers on it's website you have to go to any one of the 1300 + branches in the UK.

You can check out their website at:
    http://www.lloydspharmacy.co.uk/
    My Motto in Life:

Make Every Penny Count !!!!
  • barjam_2
    barjam_2 Posts: 1,667 Forumite
    i was after one of these a while back but aint have a lloyds locally ,so a kind money saver bought me one and sent it on to me then i forwarded a cheque to her (cant for the life off me remember her name) the only thing is though i dont know where to get replacement attachments for the ear pieces, does anyone know if other brands fit the purple calpol ones

many thanks
  • max2002ad
    max2002ad Posts: 303
    Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    As with all manufacteurs the covers will only fit different models of the same maker and not of their competitors.
    My Motto in Life:

Make Every Penny Count !!!!
  • Tapeman
    Tapeman Posts: 9 Forumite
    barjam wrote:
    though i dont know where to get replacement attachments for the ear pieces, does anyone know if other brands fit the purple calpol ones

Hi barjam,

The newer orange Nurofen protective caovers/caps will fit. A box of 40 retails at £3.99, so if you've a 50% off coupon it's worth using. Check the expirey date though, as some were running out at the end of June. If yours was one of these, then if you talk sweetly to the sales assistant, or act dumb, they may well accept it as they have a month to send them off.

Good luck,
    Tapeman
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family