Remove Biro mark from Cream Leather HELP!

Comments

• Lelly
    Lelly Posts: 52 Forumite
    Do it out of sight as suggested, eye make-up remover might work..it does on some leathers. ask the manufacturer what surface is on it you don't want to use something that will damage it and make it more prone to soiling.
    Life is too short for learning from your own mistakes
  • Mics_chick
    Mics_chick Posts: 12,014 Forumite
    Can anyone help please?
    Just noticed some pen marks on our cream leather armchair and I can't get it off :eek:
    It doesn't happen very often but when it does I spot it pretty quickly and it comes off with a wet wipe and a bit of elbow grease!
    However I didn't notice this one until the following day and now it's a permanent fixture.
    Are any of the OS cleaning methods useful in this case too?

Also once I've got this sorted I need to find some way of helping to keep it clean. We had some cleaner with the settee/chair when we first got them which worked fine but I've not been able to find anything similar since. Can anyone suggest a gentle OS way to clean it?
    You should never call somebody else a nerd or geek because everybody (even YOU !!!) is an
    "anorak" about something whether it's trains, computers, football, shoes or celebs :p :rotfl:
  • hobo28
    hobo28 Posts: 1,601 Forumite
    I remember when my son was about 2, he lovingly drew all over my leather settee with a blue biro. I didn't notice either until the next day. Luckily I had some ink remover which I got when I bought it. Can't remember what was in it but it did work.

Other people also recommend hairspray altho I must admit I've never used it.
  • iwanttosave_2
    iwanttosave_2 Posts: 34,292
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Hair spray or nail varnish remover will do the trick
    Work like you don't need money,
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    And dance like no one's watching
    Save the cheerleader, save the world!
  • Dont use nail varnish remover on leather suite - I know someone that did and it affected the colour on that patch of the very expensive suite.
    "Life may not always be the party you wish for, but whilst here you may aswell dance"!!!
    Murphy's NMPC Memb No 239!
    Dippychick's De-clutter club Member No 6! - onto room no 2!
    My Avatar? Arnie and Casey, proud parents to Storm and Tsu born 19/01/2009!!! - both now in new homes and called Murron and Burger!
  • iwanttosave_2
    iwanttosave_2 Posts: 34,292
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Its always been fine for me, best mates daughter attacked hers with permanent marker :eek: The remover got it straight off.

One thing you should never use is baby wipes, someone I know that works for a leather sofa company said these can really make you lose colour.
    Work like you don't need money,
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    And dance like no one's watching
    Save the cheerleader, save the world!
  • Hairspray works a treat for getting rid of ink,i have a cream leather sofa and my darling son decided to try his art talents all over the 3 seater.

The ink wouldn't shift and i was gutted,the next day someone suggested hairspray and it worked.

For cleaning my sofas i use meguiars leather cleaner and conditioner,it is actually an automotive product.
    I got a bottle of it in a valeting kit i got as a gift but my car doesn't have leather interior,tried it out on my sofas and it's the best leather cleaner i have used,and because it has a conditioner in it the leather remains supple.

My suite is almost 4 years old and this stuff brings it up like new every time,costs around £7 a bottle and can be bought from places like halfords and autosave.
    Finally got rent arrears paid off and now have an extra £300 per month,life looks a little bit sweeter.:T
  • skystar
    skystar Posts: 527 Forumite
    Try stardrops.

I have leather sofas and last week had noticed that my new jeans had left dye marks on it.

Zapped it with the stardrops and also a biro mark that I had tried everything on and ta-da - the stains were all gone :j
  • My friend's little girl drew on their cream leather sofa with biro, she told me she got it off with a drop of Cif.

My boy, got biro on our dark red sofa when we'd only had it for 2 weeks - I cried lol. Luckily it was only a titchy tiny spot, and I never could get it off! Can't see it though due to colour of sofa.

As for the cleaning of your leather sofa, my mum always used a weak solution of washing up liquid on hers, it lasted for 20 odd years before succumbing to the tip! Me I use baby wipes - oops, won't be doing that again in a hurry! Also I think Betterware, or is it kleeneeze, they sell leather cleaning wipes.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Shell :cheesy:
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    £2 savers club: £60!
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 580 Forumite
    After reading about it on here I got a bar of saddle soap & it's great. Very cheap, it lasts forever, it conditions as well as cleans & works really well. Mine are cream too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure