Free Computer Scrabble Game

Have been enjoying this great free computer version of scrabble. It actually has 3 very similar games on it :- Hotspots, Scrabble & Literati but I've only been using the scrabble.

Go to this link http://www.hotspotswordgame.com/download_hotspots_word_game.htm and then click on the Hotspots Free Edition 1.5 link(in yellow)

When you have installed it, to change to scrabble, just go to "choose game" on the menu. if you get good you can change things a bit on "configure" on the menu (but you can only go up to level 3 or good) on the free edition.

It's very addictive and the computer player "Speedo" takes about 1 second to do his turn.

It says the paid up version eliminates "adult" words but my mum has been addicted to it and she hates swearing, nothing dodgy has appeared as yet and she's been playing it for around 2 weeks now lol.
threadbanner.gif

Comments

• lew
    lew Posts: 399 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH CHIVVY
    BRILLIANT!
    This is a great game. It costs to buy SCRABBLE and this is scrabble for free and is just as good in my opinion.
    Also it has options not available on scrabble. I am really pleaased with this freebie.
    REGARDS LINDA
    Read God's Word the Bible Daily and your love for God will Grow ... jw.org
  • chivvy
    chivvy Posts: 338 Forumite
    Thanks Linda, I agree with you. When my 8 year old nephew was stayiing at my mum's he was glued to it (not literally or that would be cruel).

He liked the fact that you could keep trying words you didn't know existed and some of them would be accepted.
  • JailhouseBabe
    JailhouseBabe Posts: 1,590 Forumite
    Thanks chivvy - I'm never going to get any work done now! :grin:
    some people grin and bear it, others smile and do it :)
  • Mannie22
    Mannie22 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Many thanks.
    Look after your golfballs and enjoy your life. :)
  • chuppachop
    chuppachop Posts: 48 Forumite
    I have been playing scrabble for free for 2 years you play against people from all over the world my friend actually met her soon to be husband on here.
    https://www.isc.ro :j
  • JailhouseBabe
    JailhouseBabe Posts: 1,590 Forumite
    chuppachop wrote:
    I have been playing scrabble for free for 2 years you play against people from all over the world my friend actually met her soon to be husband on here.
    https://www.isc.ro :j

Thanks chuppachop.
    I can see my house turning into a regular pigsty now - I'm never going to be able to tear myself away from these two links.
    some people grin and bear it, others smile and do it :)
  • kpm66
    kpm66 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Thanks for that. Great to have something different to play
  • aniram
    aniram Posts: 9 Forumite
    Many thanx :T

Just downloaded mine its brill, makes a nice change from usual free downloads. Great find :D

aniram :wave:
    starmod:
  • Sydney_2
    Sydney_2 Posts: 97 Forumite
    Thanks it's fantastic!

The computer has beaten me twice by using some very strange words indeed. I'm sure some of them aren't in the English dictionary. I'm convinced it's cheating!

Has anyone else noticed this? Or is this just the way the computer plays?

Not that I'm a bad looser or anything..... well I'm sure I'll thrash it next time!
  • Thanks for that, it looks good.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of buspassheaven. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to abuse@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure