best euro exchange rate?

Comments

• poppyolivia
    poppyolivia Posts: 2,976
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I go with the post office cause they always seem to be the best...IMO...defo was in Jan anyway...haven't looked since.
    You may walk and you may run
    You leave your footprints all around the sun
    And every time the storm and the soul wars come
    You just keep on walking
  • The Travelex you need to book in advance and the money back seems to always have paid off in the end.
    Help me to help you :santa2:
  • mwjmum
    mwjmum Posts: 553 Forumite
    kelk72 wrote: »
    You'd be better opening a nationwide Flex account depositing your sterling in before you go on holiday then draw out your euros from an atm (showing the visa sign) as and when you need them on holiday you get an excellent rate way above exchange bureaus on our last trip a few weeks ago we were getting between 1.46-1.48 to the £ and that was over a 6 week period you can open a flex account online but at some point will have to go into your nearest branch with proof of iD etc .

;) Just going to say this. My OH is pretty clued up on these matters, and we always get local currency out of cashpoints - if you can do this, it's definitely the best way to go. Have a good holiday!
  • mbriody
    mbriody Posts: 199 Forumite
    Looked into this but on their web site it says you need to be with them at least 7 months before they will give you a debit card! Am I missing something?

"How to upgrade to a Nationwide debit card If you would like to upgrade your FlexAccount and have a debit card facility you may be eligible if your account is well conducted.

However, there are circumstances where we would not be able to consider upgrading your account, which include:
    • your existing account has been open for less than 7 months"
    kelk72 wrote: »
    You'd be better opening a nationwide Flex account depositing your sterling in before you go on holiday then draw out your euros from an atm (showing the visa sign) as and when you need them on holiday you get an excellent rate way above exchange bureaus on our last trip a few weeks ago we were getting between 1.46-1.48 to the £ and that was over a 6 week period you can open a flex account online but at some point will have to go into your nearest branch with proof of iD etc .
  • shammyjack
    shammyjack Posts: 2,685
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    mbriody wrote: »
    Looked into this but on their web site it says you need to be with them at least 7 months before they will give you a debit card! Am I missing something?

"How to upgrade to a Nationwide debit card If you would like to upgrade your FlexAccount and have a debit card facility you may be eligible if your account is well conducted.

However, there are circumstances where we would not be able to consider upgrading your account, which include:

You will get a cashcard which works in ATMs worldwide on the same terms as the debit card, just can't use it for purchases in stores etc .

shammy
  • sopplayer
    sopplayer Posts: 381 Forumite
    Thanks for all the replies.

This Nationwide account looks the best bet, but have i left it too late for this option...how long does it normally take to get ur cash card? we fly on Sunday
    They've got cars big as bars
    They've got rivers of gold
    But the wind goes right through you
    It's no place for the old
  • shammyjack
    shammyjack Posts: 2,685
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    sopplayer wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies.

This Nationwide account looks the best bet, but have i left it too late for this option...how long does it normally take to get ur cash card? we fly on Sunday

7 to 10 days !

shammy
  • sopplayer
    sopplayer Posts: 381 Forumite
    shammyjack wrote: »
    7 to 10 days !

shammy

Ah well, will keep it in mind for next time.

Looks like saga is the next best choice.
    They've got cars big as bars
    They've got rivers of gold
    But the wind goes right through you
    It's no place for the old
  • I have Euros to change to Pounds. Any idea where its easy to swap for Pounds at a good rate?... :rolleyes: :confused:
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    mbriody wrote: »

Well I opened one a few weeks back and got a Debit Card straight away, strange.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure