Baavet - Pure English 100% wool duvet 40% off

Options
I have one of these (I read about them in a thread here originally!), and they are just wonderful. This is the real deal made with pure proper wool, not inferior 'bonded' wool like Fogarty etc. They are normally quite expensive, but so worth it!
The one on sale is the 3-4 season weight wool duvet which is IMHO the most useful and versatile of their duvet weights. This is a really good price - I paid a lot more for mine.

Particularly good if you are allergic to dust mites in feather duvets and don't want to sleep under man-made fibres. Also the best for ladies 'of a certain age' because of the heat regulating qualities of wool.

http://www.baavet.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=50

Comments

• ragz_2
    ragz_2 Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oooh I really wish I could afford one, they look great. £60 is a bit much for me, totally worth it though I am sure.
    June Grocery Challenge £493.33/£500 July £/£500
    2 adults, 3 teens
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
  • youth_leader
    youth_leader Posts: 2,460 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    thanks for bringing them to my attention - I have a small guest house and have already bought Devon duvets, people always comment that they have slept really well.
    Tesco bought out some cheaper wool duvets and I rang to see where the wool comes from - Poland. As I doubt the sheep enjoy any standards of animal welfare there I wouldn't buy one of those.
    I'll try this baavet brand for my son, who is languishing under a horrible 'like down' lumpy thing at the moment. Cheers!
    £216 saved 24 October 2014
  • Haffiana
    Haffiana Posts: 733 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Interesting - I can see a wool duvet would be perfect for a guest house, because unlike down or feather, you can't really trash it! They are as resilient as wool blankets, aren't they - you can jump up and down on them without damaging them! And they probably last for years and years without disintegrating or becoming dust. And they don't bunch up as polyester seems to do.

I just love how simply comfortable they are. Never too hot, always just right (OK, mine is a bit too much in the height of summer!)

My Baavet even smells woolly. It has just the faintest trace of lanolin in the smell.
  • melbury
    melbury Posts: 13,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 25 October 2012 at 8:33PM
    Options
    I have had a Fogarty wool duvet for just over three years and love it. When I put it on the bed I couldn't believe that it would be warm enough through the winter, but it is:)

What is inferior "bonded" wool? Fogarty are made from 100% pure New Zealand wool, so don't understand.
    Stopped smoking 27/12/2007, but could start again at any time :eek:

• FattyBettyBoo
    Options
    Too warm!

I got one last time too and I can't use it in my small new-build as I boil under it!!
    I seldom end up where I wanted to go, but almost always end up where I need to be
  • emerald_starcat
    Options
    melbury wrote: »
    I have had a Fogarty wool duvet for just over three years and love it. When I put it on the bed I couldn't believe that it would be warm enough through the winter, but it is:)

What is inferior "bonded" wool? Fogarty are made from 100% pure New Zealand wool, so don't understand.

I work for Fogarty and can confirm that the wool we use is not inferior.
    My daughters are my world
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Fogarty uses polypropolene in the construction of its wool duvets. Polypropolene is a man-made material and using it in the duvet negates the natural benefits of wool.

I have the Fogarty wool duvet and have recently bought a Baavet and the difference is night and day. The Fogarty is really thin and doesn't keep me warm even in Spring or Autumn, the Baavet is so snuggly warm within seconds of slipping under it. It feels so right!
  • suetango
    suetango Posts: 125 Forumite
    Options
    In defence of the Fogarty wool duvet, I have one (paid £25-ish a couple of years ago) and I love it too.
    I'm sure these are also very nice - I definitely recommend any wool duvet and this is a great price! :)
  • Hilkka
    Options
    I must say that I agree with the posts here that are in praise of Baavet products.
    Their duvets are beautiful, cosy and comfortable! Never too hot and never cold. I am now gradually putting them on all the beds in the house, and am sure they will stand the test of time.
    Their other products follow with their high standards in quality and manufacture.
    I have a Fogarty wool duvet . . . now not in use! The Baavet duvet has replaced it for good!
    Baavet is much snugglier and no polypropolene (which to me defeats the whole idea of something pure and natural . . . I didn't know it was there when I ordered the Fogarty duvet).
    :)
  • ninatyc
    Options
    Get 20% off selected products and FREE shipping - use promotional code YY2012 at the checkout for some great savings today.

And there's a sale on cat and dog beds, they're made from the same stuff as the duvets! Can't get our dogs out of bed in the morning lol!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure