Arthroplex "medicine" warning

Comments

• After having been contacted through my blog by a couple of other unhappy customers, I Googled Arthroplex and found this thread. They also trade as Life Natural Cures and Life Healthcare and I had written about them before because they have been in trouble with the Advertising Standards Authority several times in the past for misleading advertising.

I would advise anyone who has had problems with this company to contact their local Trading Standards office or Citizens Advice Bureau.

I have written about this more fully on a recent post on my blog. There is also a similar thread on Gransnet. (I would link but being new here, I can't!)
  • Many thanks all I was considering this product and thanks to the information here will not now waste my money. I have just sent a full and frank complaint to the ASA and I would urge you all to do this on line. Unless they receive more information on this company nothing will be done.

I am sorry so many of you have been duped by this company for what I know is a very painful thing to endure. I was suspicious having had a knee op in my 30's for cartilage problems and suffered ever since being told by the Doctors then that there is no complete cure for these conditions.
  • I ordered Arthroplex for my daughter on 28/04/12. The free gel arrived a few days before the actual capsules, which arrived on 26/05/12. The container was sealed but only contained 57 instead of 60 capsules. I informed Life Nature Cures by e-mail, but as yet, haven't had a reply.
  • Good news I have just heard back from the ASA they are currently investigating this companies advertising practices. If they find they have breached UK standards that would enable all those that have lost money to seek redress via Trading Standards.
  • The ASA told me they were already investigating this too.

I've also complained to the MHRA (Medicines and Healthcare Regulatory Agency), who told me that they and the ASA have received over forty complaints. They also said they have not yet found a UK address for this company but their investigations are ongoing.

I have also been contacted through my blog by quite a few people who have ordered the product (or other products from this company, also known as Life Natural Cures/Life Healthcare) and not received goods. I have advise them to contact their local Trading Standards office or Citizens Advice Bureau.
  • Hootie19
    Hootie19 Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    So unscrupulous, aren't they? All for the money and not a thought to the false hope offered to those in excruciating pain.

I tried Rosehip for a while, as that was said to be brilliant, but I didn't really notice much difference.

My RA is brilliantly controlled by my present drugs regime, and I am currently totally pain free and totally mobile.

However, if that should change, and the next lot of drugs prove not as effective, I may consider this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1216278/How-eating-fresh-basil-help-banish-arthritic-aches-pains.html

I don't know if it is likely to help or not, but I like the flavour of basil anyway, so it would be no hardship for me to buy some seeds and try growing a few plants to try out.
  • There is nothing wrong with receiving medicines by post. I get Gluquestrian for my horse from the US. This has saved his life and this also has a money back guarantee and it actually works. It has rebuilt his joints and he is 29 years old. He has been on it for about four years. The company also do the same sort of thing for humans. I am taking this now as I have arthritis in my back and hips I havent been on it long enough but hopefully it will work.
  • geoffky
    geoffky Posts: 6,835 Forumite
    there is nothing wrong with receiving medicines by post. I get gluquestrian for my horse from the us. This has saved his life and this also has a money back guarantee and it actually works. It has rebuilt his joints and he is 29 years old. He has been on it for about four years. The company also do the same sort of thing for humans. I am taking this now as i have arthritis in my back and hips i havent been on it long enough but hopefully it will work.

why is my bullshi-T radar on full alert??
    It is nice to see the value of your house going up'' Why ?
    Unless you are planning to sell up and not live anywhere, I can;t see the advantage.
    If you are planning to upsize the new house will cost more.
    If you are planning to downsize your new house will cost more than it should
    If you are trying to buy your first house its almost impossible.
  • Uncle_Ben
    Uncle_Ben Posts: 70 Forumite
    edited 22 June 2012 at 8:13PM
    An Arthoplex leaflet fell out of the Open University Alumni magazine. It looks too good to be true. If it was a genuine cure for arthritis it would have been on the front page of the Daily Express.

Ginger tea is an old Indian folk cure. Peel and chop some root ginger, and put it in the teapot with hot water. Even if it does not cure your arthritis, it is a pleasant drink.

Yoga is good for rheumatism. So is meditation. (Yuttadhammo on Youtube is a hero of mine.)

Oh, and plenty of rice...
    Perfect every time
  • Hello All,

thanks so much for all your messages about Arthroplex.

I was about to give it a go having received the leaflet.

I hardly ever order anything by phone but did not have an internet connection to hand. I smelt a rat when there was no one on the end of the phone on the order line. It was a recorded message asking for all your details, what you want to order and your credit card details!!

So I thought I'm not doing that, instead I'll order online - then sure enough my google search for their web page brought me to this site.

Fantastic - it has saved me getting in a mess.

Thanks all.
    Liz
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family