New Luma credit card ?

Comments

• MrSilk
    MrSilk Posts: 1,499 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    My application too got cancelled, thought I was going mad because I swore I read on the website that it states you could apply, even if you have a Capital One credit card. extremely misleading :(:(:(
  • Wrong reply to thread... sorry!
  • Turned down for mine .. meh ..
  • Lulee36
    Lulee36 Posts: 197 Forumite
    How long did it take for the card to arrive after you got your PIN?

It's about 5 days from the pin arriving
  • spoke to luma yesterday and been told ive been accepeted and will get my pin next week. and i do already have a capital one classic card with them. takes a long time for the card i aint getting that till the 24sep.
  • Already a Cap One customer.

Applied for Luma online and it went through it's initial checks, assessment and credit checks etc and then came up with thanks, please sign the agreement here and your card will be sent.

A few days later, I got a letter stating, thanks for applying and sorry but you do not meet our acceptance criteria. Very strange because I checked and I do.
  • dakkan
    dakkan Posts: 32 Forumite
    Hello All,
    I thought I should share my experience as well... I do have cap one progress card for 2 years and 2 months, It started with £300 limit... and I received only one time credit limit increase on 5th month to £800.. Since then they never increased my credit limit for the past 18 months.
    After reading post here I decided to apply on 4th Sept for Luma credit card, During online application I got usual ticks and signing online credit agreement and then message that they will need to perform addition check etc..
    I called customer service yesterday and advised that card has been approved and decision was made on 10th September.. The guy said the pin followed by card will arrive soon by so and so dates.
    Finally I asked what the credit limit will be... and he said as its a new card I will start with £200 credit limit. Then I said to myself !!!!!! just £200??? Not happy at all.
    I dont know how few people got decent initial credit limit.
    I dont have any adverse information on my file.. except enormous searches which brought my Credit score right down I believe.
    Therefore, its not true that your cap one application will be cancelled if you already have one as long as you hold the card for more than 6 months.

Thanks for reading
  • Hello

I applied oneline after rec my monthly news letter from the site. It said it would be making a decision and I thought I would not be accepted... turns out I have been. On Tuesday after work I rec a letter with my pin number in. I rang there customer service line who where more than helpful and asked what my credit limit would be...£1k! I thought it would of been more like £200.00 as I have 6 defaults on my credit file from last year.
    DEBT FREE!!! - Finally! :j
  • MrSilk
    MrSilk Posts: 1,499 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    had my Capital One cc for two months now, I think mid next year I shall re-apply, as my application got cancelled last month.
  • I've just applied and it says they'll contact me within 7 days as they need to perform additional checks.

Had a Capital One classic card for over a year now and still at £200...
    This thread has me so pumped, I headbutted my dog and we both screamed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure