Ugg Boots from £62 delivered

Comments

• pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    I saw them, they are genuine Ugg boots Labels everything. But thanks
    She had them delieverd by DHL is that she wasn't charged extra?

No, as I say its just luck.

I had £300 NERF bars for the car delivered from New York, they were huge and took 2 men to lift them. They passed through customs like a breeze with no import.

A month later I ordered a jacket from the USA, £80. Small, inconspicuous parcel. Had to pay customs :mad:

A lot of Uggs are Australian made, but as was said previously they are not genuine "Ugg Australia" brands :o
  • GabbaGabbaHey
    GabbaGabbaHey Posts: 1,073
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Whenever I have had overseas parcels delivered by DHL, the invoice for duty (and VAT, where applicable) has always followed a week or so later. They also charge a collection fee.

While the Post Office can be a bit hit and miss for collecting duty, my personal experience is that parcels delivered by courier are invariably charged duty.
    Philip
  • ajdj
    ajdj Posts: 567
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    On the home page it says :'welcome to SNUG Australia
    the provider of genuine Australian made premium quality ugg boots and sheepskin footwear.'

Yes, the problem is though that firstly the genuine 'Ugg Australia' boots are not made in Australia. They are actually made in New Zealand and China. Secondly the term 'Ugg' on its own means nothing- that is not the registered trademark of a genuine boot. Only the 'Ugg Australia' logo is the registered trademark of the genuine article.

See this article for some help- http://reviews.ebay.ie/THE-UGG-BOOT-DEBATE_W0QQugidZ10000000003242921

And the official website for good photos of a genuine boot for comparison-
    http://www.uggaustralia.com/ProductDetails.aspx?gID=w&categoryID=283&productID=5825&model=Classic+Short

I would urge everyone to be careful before parting with any money- it is a lot of money to risk buying a boot that may well be of the same style, but not of the same quality. A few minutes research may be well spent.
  • jaypr
    jaypr Posts: 63 Forumite
    Whenever I have had overseas parcels delivered by DHL, the invoice for duty (and VAT, where applicable) has always followed a week or so later. They also charge a collection fee.

While the Post Office can be a bit hit and miss for collecting duty, my personal experience is that parcels delivered by courier are invariably charged duty.

True, happened to me before when ordering from Abercrombie in the US. DHL delivered, then a week later an invoice for the duty in the post.

Jason
  • pudding
    pudding Posts: 1,978
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I ordered some from australia...£10 delivery and no customs but they didn't last me 2 minutes....Don't know if this is all ugg boots but I have just purchased some more today (The ones made in china..deckers..worn by pamela anderson etc..) hopefully these might be better than the ones I got from australia..will wait and see..My brother-in law lives in the states so paid £75 for the tall ones and got them through www.uggaustralia.com
    It's up to each individual which one's to buy really..
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    I had some £10 ones from Claires Accessories 2 months ago, Ive lived in them and they are still like new.

I know the quality of the sheepskin is better in the proper ones, but for the purposes of a UK winter these will do me just fine!
  • I saw them, they are genuine Ugg boots Labels everything. But thanks

They aren't the 'UGG Australia' that all the celebs wear but i have seen these before and they seem quite good quality and well made. I ordered some ugg boots for my kids the other week - made in New Zealand from real sheepskin, great quality etc from http://www.kiwi-sheepskins.com/ They arrived in a week and no vat/duty/handling fee etc (came via royal mail).
    Does anyone know if they escaped vat + duty because they were children's?
    Anyway i'm very impressed with them - very much like my UGG Australia's - and they were pretty cheap considering.
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,882
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I ordered some ugg boots for my kids the other week - made in New Zealand from real sheepskin, great quality etc from http://www.kiwi-sheepskins.com/ They arrived in a week and no vat/duty/handling fee etc (came via royal mail).
    Does anyone know if they escaped vat + duty because they were children's?
    Anyway i'm very impressed with them - very much like my UGG Australia's - and they were pretty cheap considering.

I've had a couple of pairs of adult boots from this company and can't speak highly enough of them, (both boots and company!) Have never had to pay duty/import fees and the quality is brilliant. If quality is more important than a trendy label then give this company a go!!!
  • It clearly states in my post that my friend did not have to pay Custom duty and she has ordered from them twice.
    Read.

Dont be so ignorant and rude.:mad: it's a-hole responses like yours that makes newbie posters like me want to think twice about posting a helpful follow up to an existing post.

I did read your post, just thought I should point out the obvious - you are likely to be stung import duty. Perhaps a bargain at face value yes, but when some people are likely to get stung 20 notes or so on top of that price, would it still be such a bargain?

Just because your friend got lucky does not mean that everyone who imports from this place are not liable for import duty.

Read.:p
  • showman36
    showman36 Posts: 625 Forumite
    without doubt you will be liable for duty I would be very surprised if you didnt receive a bill from DHL later for the charges, I usually find that with the big international carriers DHL,UPS etc you will nearly always pay duty at some point for the item if its not from the EU
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure