Quinny Buzz 2006 or 2007. Anyone got one? What do they think?

Hi. we are looking at buying a quinny buzz and seen a reasonably cheap one on ebay for a 2006 model with all accessories. (travel system thingy)

Does anyone know what the differences are between a 2006 and 2007 in terms of size etc? I'm not too fussed about the colours!

We "road tested" a 2008 model in toys r us the other week and that was lovely but obvioulsy more expensive than the previous models.

if anyone could give us some ideas about the good bits and bad bits about each model, that would be good.
Make £10 a day challenge March 2013 £101.24 / £240 :j
WSC 10 March - £0 / £5
Debt £17,294 - 7th March

Comments

• we have the 2007 one...its fab, i love it to pieces, folds up really easy and unfolds with one one finger!
    the diffence in 06 and 07 nmodels it that on the 06 there was a problem with the unfolding in the boot by themselves, theres now a little clip to stop it doing that (although i never fasten mine) . The seat is a diffent foam too, its kinda like a memeory foam now where as before it went funny with use. dont know if your thinking about the car seats too, but the maxi cosie one just slots onto the base,
    hth
    pm me if you need to know anything as we have one with all the gbits and bobs on xx
    need to pay my dad back challenge[STRIKE]£3000: £2950: £2750: £2640:£2560:£1560[/STRIKE]:D £0.00:D

I AM A MEMBER OF THE ELITE....STRIP CLUB MEMBER 22
  • mspig
    mspig Posts: 986 Forumite
    Sorry can't be much help as ive no tgot one but have been looking at for a whilie and was wondering if there much good with a older child as my youngest is 2 but quite tall(but very skinny) and i was wondering if people have older children in theirs and if they have a problem with their feet on the floor etc.
  • Sazere
    Sazere Posts: 789 Forumite
    Had a Black 2006 one with orange footmuff, loved the look of it and wanted it for ages and ages. Bought it and hated it. I am 5ft 1in and I could not reach to fold it up (also had section so that made it more difficult). Even my hubby had problems trying to fold it. From memory you had to press/pull a button on either side in the middle and lean down on the handle bar at the same time. Also you have to take the seat unit off to fold which can be awkward if you are in a hurry. It was slightly unstable on normal pavements and curbs but great in shopping malls. But you do look cool taking it out of the car and it unfolds itself!

Forgot to say my friend has a Blue 2007 one and the gas lift has gone on hers. So make sure whatever you buy is in full working order.
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,469
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Ours has been faultless, but now DD is just over two it will be on e-bay soon.

She prefers her pushchair as she doesn't need to be strapped in now and she loves walking alongside.
  • JoJoB
    JoJoB Posts: 2,080
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I have the 07 one and am getting on ok with it. It's very easy to steer and feels nice and solid. Very comfy for LO.

It is quite wide though which can be a bit of a pain in shops etc, do sometimes wish I'd gone for something a bit dinkier. The shopping basket is miniscule and if you buy clip-on stuff like pram clips (for shopping bags) or parasol that are not quinny-specific they probably won't fit as the quinny handle bars are quite big and bulky. I just tie-on shopping bags though which seems to work ok.

I don't have a car but the one time I tried to get it into a car boot it was a very tight squeeze, some smaller cars it may be a real issue with.
    2015 wins: Jan: Leeds Castle tickets; Feb: Kindle Fire, Years supply Ricola March: £50 Sports Direct voucher April: DSLR camera June: £500 Bingo July: £50 co-op voucher
  • jorichste
    jorichste Posts: 240 Forumite
    i never had one but my sister did, she likedit but had a cheapie fold up buggy to take on holidays as it was a bit bulky when folded
  • myhooose
    myhooose Posts: 271
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    We have one, my wife is a nanny and has used many diffrenet types. My only complaint is it is quite bulky in the boot. There was a problem with the length of the straps and quinny will supply extentions free of charge. I'm not sure of the exact details, my wife read about it on mumsnet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure