Feedback for Momox

Former_MSE_Becca
Former_MSE_Becca Posts: 250 Forumite
edited 30 October 2012 at 6:51PM in Boost your income
articlealert2_banner.gif

This thread is specifically to discuss feedback for
Momox (Link)

If you've traded in games, books, DVDs or CDs using Momox, please give us your feedback.

To find out about other ways to make money in a hurry, read the main
Boost Your Income guide

Thanks for your help,
MSE Becca

Comments

• Surprised there hasn't been more feedback left for these guys - I was slightly dubious as they seemed to be offering me a higher price for some items than others and especially seeing as I had to post it to Germany, but it couldn't have been more straightforward and above all - SPEEDY!

I sent a box to them at the same time as a box to Music Magpie. I got an email at the end of last week saying Momox had received my order and by Monday this week I saw the full payment pop up in my bank account. In comparison, I've only just received an email from MM saying they've received the items and are processing them and now this morning they've asked me to verify my bank details which could mean waiting an extra two working days (so seeing as it's now Friday that means towards the middle of next week!).

So my experience of Momox is that it's straightforward to post items, it's quick to arrive, they paid the full amount and they're quick to put the money in your account as well. About a fortnight quicker than Music Magpie!
  • I have tried for the last 4 week to sell items to momox, and they do not seem to be trading, as anyone else had this problem
  • I liked this site.

They took quite a few books which webuybooks wouldn't and tended to give slightly higher prices in general.

The disadvantage was having to take a heavy box to the Post Office, webuybooks collect them.

Payment was fine, posted books on Saturday, had an email the following weekend to say all the books were fine and payment would be on its way, arrived in bank account a few days later, 10 days after posting books.
  • Momox were awful to deal with. The package took a week to get to Germany and then they took over a week to process my trade-in. They refused to pay me for a perfectly good item. I complained but they couldn't give me any more info. They then sent me an email in German asking for feedback. I will never use them again.
  • zulfia
    zulfia Posts: 6 Forumite
    I cannot even believe how bad this company is - Momox. I feel cheated and taken advantage of. I checked the books very carefully but almost half of the books are discarded (more expensive ones) The items that are discarded were in very good condition at the time I checked them before sending them, some of them new. I am shocked. It took a few weeks to have the books processed and then half of them (more expensive) are discarded on the basis that there are signs of wear and tear but most of them were new, so they could not have signs of wear! I am shocked at how little respect this company has for customers and I feel cheated. Avoid at all costs! I would like to know if I have any rights in this situation, could anybody advise?
  • zulfia
    zulfia Posts: 6 Forumite
    As opposed to previous review, in my case Momox were not speedy, it took a few weeks for them to receive and check my books. More expensive books were discarded although four of them were new and one was in good condition. I can get just a percentage of what was initially promised in the offer. How a new book be discarded on the basis of wear and tear? I feel so taken advantage of! Do customers have any rights in this situation at all?
  • KittaKatta
    KittaKatta Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I recently sold old books, DVDs and CDs to Music Magpie, WeBuyBooks, Ziffit and Momox.
    I have used Music Magpie in the past and have been happy with their service, although the payment used to be slow.
    Having discovered the other companies through the MSE webpage I entered the ISBN codes in all of them and simply sold to the one making the best offer.
    MusicMagpie and WeBuyBooks offer the easiest (free) postal service with home collection. Ziffit and Momox offer a drop-off service only.
    MusicMagpie confirmed receipt of the parcel exactly a week after it was collected and paid on the same day by bank transfer, accepting all the items. The payment was on my account the following day. Excellent service. :T
    WeBuyBooks and Ziffit confirmed receipt 6 days after posting. Ziffit accepted all the items on the same day, providing a Paypal payment. WBB took 3 working days to check the items (accepting them all) and provided payment by bank transfer immediately after. Both payments arrived on the same day.
    No news from Momox two weeks after posting. Since they are in Germany, however, they will naturally take longer. I e-mailed them and they said that it can take up to three weeks for the parcel to reach them. I will update this in due course.
  • I sent a box of books to momox and everything went fine. It took 12 days for them to confirm that the items were received and a further 1 day for them to process them. They accepted all 10 items and paid the full price that they had offered me.

Overall, I would consider using them again, particularly as they accept some books that other websites don't.
  • Momox have completely ripped me off this time.
    I used them in the past and all books were accepted fine.
    However, this time I was offered £13.73 for 22 books, all at 13p only but one book for £11
    They rejected half of them as unsuitable (nonsense they were all fine) including the £11 one,
    so my new offer is a mere £1.95 - barely enough to cover printing, packing & petrol money to drop them off. Plus, they want me to pay THEM £12 to return the rejects!!
    Absolute disgrace!! Avoid at all costs!!

Use Ziffit instead they were sent 10 books, parcel arrived rapidly, got email to say they arrived, email next day to say all have been accpeted, email the day after that paying me the full amount to my Paypal.
  • DO NOT SEND THIS COMPANY A SINGLE THING!! 🚫🚫🚫🚫

I've contacted amazon and asked them to investigate your thieving, scamming & fraudster company. I warned you I will not be made a fool out of! I bought a game off amazon and for the first time started to look at the reviews! Shame I didn't think to do it before I gave them a single penny! Delivery was estimated to take two weeks! Now anyone knows that by amazon standards is a loooong time. I emailed them asking for proof that they'd even sent my parcel and they said they couldn't provide this as they have shipped internationally?? So apparently you don't even get proof of postage... Hmm OK. Which is also funny considering they call them self momox UK which is just one of there many ways to decieve you. I am so so so mad at how amazon and eBay have allowed them to get away with their scamming business for aslong as they have already. From not sending peoples items out (which by the way you never paid for in the first place because you steal them don't you), to cancelling them sale immediately after and then selling it for 3 times the price, to sending faulty items out them charging the customer for return postage and not reimbursing them & in my case just not bother sending items out at all which seems to be there favourite, I mean it just goes on and on it really does. Why do you need 10 trust pilot pages??? I'll tell you why in the hopes that at least one of them doesn't get negative feedback we'll how's that working out for you? Anyone who has been ripped off by this bogus company do yourself a favour and contact amazon like I have they need to be stopped once and for all. Don't fall for their fake reviews either which there are 100s just from the same people which make you think your safe when believe me your not. If your selling to them they will either tell you they've received half of it, not pay you for it, say they didn't receive it, or tell you you can have it back for the cost of £12 or surrender it to us that by the way is quoted from their website even admitting they will Rob you blind right there. If your buying from trusting websites like amazon or eBay your either going to not receive it, you'll end up with it but not no use to you etc etc the list goes on. In the end all they are doing is selling stolen goods anyway which I want no part of and I have done my bit getting amazon to open and investigation you daylight robbers!!

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback