End of the road

12346»

Comments

• Just wanted to say Well done Artnoble for facing up to your debts.
  • i was in the same position.i had more or less the same amount of debt as you.i went with payplan on a dmp.they were brilliant.
    i finished paying of mine last year,i was only working part time..i did a expenses and expenditure with them and was paying £72 a month to payplan for 8 creditors..they took care of everything and they were on my side,they werent judgemental and it was free..best thing i ever did..felt i could breathe again..so many of us in the same boat.
    youve taken the first step and thats the hardest part..i was shocked when i added up all debt..
    you can do it..good luck.
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Would it be possible to give your parents say 300 of your wages, to keep. That way you will have that money to pay off a debt at the end of a month?

Also how long have you been paying 100 a month keep? Might be worth keeping them onside and upping that....

Good luck with your journey. I am sure you will get there this time.
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • artnoble
    artnoble Posts: 879 Forumite
    artnoble wrote: »
    Well it's Wednesday after work and I've spent 0.39 this week. Test will be next week as I get paid on Friday. Hope I can have the discipline it takes

Well you didn't did you Ben.

Although I did get paid before Xmas it's two weeks before Pay day and I'm skint! I have enough food but no debts have been paid.

I did plan to do a self made dmp but I can't trust myself to do this.

On sat I'm going to get my big box of letters and go through them all, see what I owe and to who and then phone up a charity and see if we can work through it all.

Do you have to give all details to them on the phone in terms of who you owe money to or do you just send them your letters and for them to work through them all?

You can all shout at me if you want for being a lazy fool :(
    Watch this space.... Will update soon!
  • With your income/expenditure you don't have to do a DMP or anything like that. Give National Debtline a call and just say you want some advice - they will be more than happy to help!

I had my LBM when I was 25, was going to do my damndest to be debt free at 30 and only missed the target by 3 months. I also bought a house in that time using savings as a deposit.

It can be done, you just need support and guidance and we're all happy to help on here :D
    EX-DFW, NOW AN MFW!! O/S Mortgage = £71004 on 12/01/13 Overpaid 2013 = £1000 :eek:
    Balance now = £69155 :D MFD at start = 30/11/2033 now 31/03/2033

DEBT-FREE ROLL OF HONOUR MEMBER #734:money: "PROUD TO HAVE DEALT WITH MY DEBTS" :cool:
  • artnoble
    artnoble Posts: 879 Forumite
    edited 24 February 2013 at 5:14PM
    thanks for the support.
    Watch this space.... Will update soon!
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    How about getting another bank account with no overdraft and now card attached. Each pay day you sweep 300 pounds into the account. Then you can't get to it and it will build up. Then once you get to an amount to pay a debt off, just do it via internet banking.

Or as I suggested originally give the same amount of money to your parents at the beginning of the month. And they aren't to give it you back except for a genuine emergency like the car going bang?
    good luck
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • LannieDuck
    LannieDuck Posts: 2,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Art,

Haven't seen your thread before. How are you doing - are you managing to just break even each month, or are you managing to pay off a bit of the debt each month?

If you're just breaking even, can I suggest seeing if you have anything to carboot/ebay? Any money you make could go straight on the debts.
    Mortgage when started: £330,995

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
    Arthur C. Clarke
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport