We've made some changed to Competitions Time. Please see this thread.

Attending movie premiere, any tips

2»

Comments

• lb364
    lb364 Posts: 1,183
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Well done! I've been to 2 premieres and both were a really fun and exciting experience (or I don't get out much lol)

There's usually a dress code and it's an opportunity to dress up but at the same time I've never done that part properly because one was in January...in Paris so it was freezing and the other I had to go straight from work. No-one's going to take much notice unless you're a celeb anyway but the option's there...

In Leicester square there was a second entrance so us nobody's didn't walk the whole length of the carpet just the end part but I think it depends, I don't think you'll make it into Heat although I'll keep my fingers crossed for you ;)

There have been refreshments at both...in Paris they gave us some weird sandwich wrapped in cling film plus a chocolate bar and water. In London, it was a big bar of Galaxy, popcorn and water.

Never met any of the celebs because as someone else said they usually keep you waiting...especially Brad Pitt! They also put the action outside on on the big screen in the cinema so you can still see what's going on.

Hope you all have a great time :D
  • I won tickets for 'Blue Moon Rising Premiere' in Manchster, it was a Blue carpet, (Football Team's Colour) we saw a couple of corrie stars, Football Players and Manager, and Liam Gallagher, we dressed up as it stated smart dress, but some people were wearing jeans and jean jackets, we had front row seats, with Water and Popcorn, my hubby is a Man City Supporter so was really pleased i won this, as we reaced the bottom of the carpet all the press started taking our photo's, i'm sure they thought we were Richard & Judy, a slight resemblance. Enjoy your experience Andrew, we loved it. Hope i have posted ok, first time i have had the courage to join in.
  • mell
    mell Posts: 877
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Arw BabychamPrincess, loved the bit about photographers thinking you were Richard and Judy :rotfl:
    Lovely reading about peoples' experiences at Film Premieres, thank you :)
  • JoJoY
    JoJoY Posts: 388
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Well done and thanks for starting this thread as I'm going too so I'm very interested to know the in's and out's :) I haven't been told anything about what to wear yet but my teenage daughters have already requested new dresses :rotfl:
    *** Thank you to everyone that posts ***
  • cabco22
    cabco22 Posts: 278 Forumite
    I've been to a couple of premieres and my advice is always - don't peak too early! The celebs will all go in late and if you go in early you will be left in an empty cinema for an hour waiting for the rest to arrive! Dress to impress and remember that all those fans who can't get in and photographers are all there for you! Oh and your first premiere will be the most exciting so soak up the atmosphere and enjoy every moment. Congratulations all on your wins and have a great day!
  • Congratulations:T
    Big Thanks to all those who post competitions you are stars!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure