Egg Card Insurance Offers

Comments

• the_tired_one
    the_tired_one Posts: 1,262 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    What if cover is required for 60 days...is that possible?
  • Bash
    Bash Posts: 78 Forumite
    First Post
    What if cover is required for 60 days...is that possible?

It appears, under this offer the maximum days of cover allowed is 31.

You can get a quote online from them through this link Egg Travel Quote
    But, I dont think they're that competitive for longer periods.

Alternatively you could ring them on 08451 222888 & see what they say.
  • The_Bug_1974
    The_Bug_1974 Posts: 76 Forumite
    Is this just for egg customers or can anyone apply
    :cool: The Bug
    There's nothing worse than wasted talent!!!!!
  • hammodt
    hammodt Posts: 412 Forumite
    17 days' winter sports cover automatically included.

...that surprises me... thats normally very expensive!!

David
    What shall I put here? :confused:
  • loates123
    loates123 Posts: 798 Forumite
    what is the cover like i am after world wide cover for one year, want the cover to be good , only traveling 3 times tho, twice two europe once to the dom rep
    Treat everyday as your last one on earth! and one day you will be right.:D
  • Redrum_2
    Redrum_2 Posts: 898 Forumite
    Is this just for egg customers or can anyone apply

I posted about this offer last time they ran it, and most of the details appear to be the same. But from what I can tell, they've changed one key detail which creates a loophole to allow anyone to take advantage of this offer - even if you're not an existing Egg customer!

Like last time, you have to log-in to their secure area to take out the offer, so technically, you do have to be a customer. But what appears different is that last time you could only pay with your Egg Card, which given it takes about 2 weeks to get to you wasn't an easy option - plus all the disadvantages about applying for extra credit

But this time you can pay out of your Egg savings account, or with a non-Egg credit or debit card. They don't tell you this on the main page, but when you log-in, it gives you various payment options

"Payment
    Please select your Egg account
    or choose to pay with credit or debit card"

So...if you're NOT AN EGG CUSTOMER...all you need to do is open up a Savings account with Egg, which takes all of 5 minutes, and voila, there you go. You can now log in to the secure area and are suddenly eligible for the offer

If you like, stick £15 in your account and pay for the Travel cover that way - or alternatively just pay for it with your HSBC, Lloyds or whatever card, so that way you never have to use the account

They came unstuck with this last year when they did cashback on car insurance if you had a savings account. There was a post at the time about a similar loophole

Enjoy!
  • nuttersinc
    nuttersinc Posts: 15 Forumite
    to all out there . yes its cheap but when it comes to paying out they can be a real pain. when i tried to claim for piste closure this year they sent and told me that they did not accept photocopies of any documents and even wanted my policy certificate and my originals of all my booking details. the problem was that the resort had only supplied photocopies of certain documents. also they said they could not return some documents even though i needed them for my friend to claim off his insurance.

its been 4 months now and they still haven't paid out. i am just glad it wasn't a medical bill of 000's that i was claiming for.

so i won't be using them again.
    Regards

stephen
  • Hi,

My first ever post here, so wasn't sure whether this should go here or the Insurance section. It fits both categories, but I figured seeing it was a limited offer, that this was the best place for it

Got an email from Egg this morning offering me annual European family travel insurance for just £15, which I thought was too good to be true. So I checked out the pages it was sending me to at http://www.egg.com/visitor/0,,3_72779--View_1520,00.html and it seems the offer is totally kosher. The offer is open until the end of June

As me and the family are going over to Florida in the summer I upgraded to Worldwide cover which cost another £35 (for all of us, not each). So I've covered me, the wife and our 2 kids for the whole year for just £50!!!

It says you have to be an Egg customer, but it lets you pay by credit or debit cards that aren't Egg - I paid on my Natwest card for the airmiles - so it seems they're not that fussy

A really good offer that I just had to shout out about. Hope others find it as useful as I did

Bye!!
  • Prof_2
    Prof_2 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Annual family cover for only £15 for European travel, egg customers only offer ends 30 June.

(Normal price is £80 at Egg. MSE site http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?newsid1083570446,24889, has cheapest at £48.)

https://www.egg.com

Searched could not find anything. Bargain IMO.
  • E-mail from egg today showing european annual cover for the whole family
    at only £15.00

http://www.egg.com/visitor/0,,3_72779--View_1520,00.html

:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business