Computer Exchange (CEX) - Avoid Selling To Them

I am posting this as a warning to others out there about using Computer Exchange (CEX)'s website to sell your phone.

On June 12th 2010 I went onto https://www.cex.co.uk to find out how much my iPhone 3GS 32GB (unlocked) phone would cost and was quoted £361 as it was in mint condition and unlocked.

The phone was absolutely mint - not a single scratch, scuff or blemish on it. Headphones were unused and no marks on the box, internal packaging etc Not even a finger print on it.

Here is their definition of the conditions:
Mint - Working phone in as new/mint condition. Complete with original box and accessories as sold new.
Good - Working phone in good condition with slight cosmetic blemishes. Charger supplied. If the phone includes a music player/radio then it is supplied with headphones. If the phone has PDA functionality a sync cable and/or docking cradle is supplied. Missing original packaging.
Poor - Working phone in poor cosmetic condition. Original or 3rd party charger supplied but missing accessories and original packaging.

The quote I received was valid for 10 working days.

So I sent off the phone and confirmed they had received it it, which they did on June 17th 2010
from We Care <wecare@webuy.com>
to xxxxxx xxxxxxx <xxxxxx@xxxxx.co.uk>
date 17 June 2010 09:16
subject Re: Your Sell-to-CeX order ID: 3xxx89

Dear Customer,

I can confirm that we have received your item and it will be processed shortly. You should receive payment within 3 to 5 working days.

Regards,

Charlene
CeX Wecare Team
Buy Sell Donate
https://www.webuy.com

On June 21st I emailed them again to ask what the latest is with the order and to confirm that I will be getting the £361 deposited into my bank account as they have not emailed me any form of status update. Their reply was:
We Care <wecare@webuy.com>
to xxxxx xxxxxxx <xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxx.co.uk>
date 21 June 2010 15:56

Dear Customer,

I can confirm that you will be received £273.

Regards,

Charlene
CeX Wecare Team
Buy Sell Donate

My reply back was:
from xxxxxxxxx <xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
to We Care <wecare@webuy.com>
date 21 June 2010 16:04

Good afternoon,

Thank you for the email but I have an issue with it. How did you make
out the phone was it £273?
The quote was for a mint iPhone 3GS 32GB black and unlocked - £361 -
valid for 10 working days.

The phone was completely mint, boxed, unlocked. Please state your
justification by reducing the price by £88 and why you had not
contacted me to inform me that you were not honouring the price and if
I was OK in the price being reduced by such a huge amount.

Please contact me ASAP on xxxxxxxx.

Regards

And guess what their reply back was?
from We Care <wecare@webuy.com>
to xxxxxxxxxxxx <xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
date 22 June 2010 10:04

Dear Customer,

I have checked your records and can see that during the testing procedure for your phone, small blemishes were found on the handset. Unfortunately we require that a grade A item be as new with no cosmetic damage, therefore your phone was regraded to a grade B.

Unfortunately in line with our terms and conditions we are able to regrade your item dependant on its condition upon receipt of your item, by sending your item to us you agree to our terms and conditions and we are therefore unable to contact you if we need to regrade your item.

Regards,

Charlene
CeX Wecare Team
Buy Sell Donate

My reply back was as follows:
from xxxxxxxxxxxxx <xxxxxxxxxxxx>
to We Care <wecare@webuy.com>
date 22 June 2010 10:18

Please send me proof of the blemishes as the phone had not a single scratch on it or scuff. It has been kept in a protective case since I bought it 2 months ago and I have photos to prove the condition of the item.

It is convenient that you can re-grade the item so it can increase your profits.

If you are unable to provide the proof of the blemishes as well as prove it is my handset and not another persons one (provide imei), then I formally request the handset back as I refuse to accept your view of the condition.

If you do not either provide me with what was originally quoted, or return the handset, I will contact the Trading Standards and also a solicitor as this is obtaining sale by deception.

You have 7 days to provide the evidence of the blemishes, or to return the item before I take matters further.

Regards,

I also emailed the Founder, Robert Dudani - I have had no reply from either.

From looking around, it appears they like to conduct this kind of behaviour:
http://www.facebook.com/board.php?uid=280168287223

I have emailed them the following this morning:
from xxxxxxxxxxx <xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
to We Care <wecare@webuy.com>,
robert@webuy.com
date 30 June 2010 10:00

Dear Sir/Madam

As you have not credited me with the money you have obtained from me
by deception, returned the phone or provided me with proof of the
blemishes I am considering this as admittance that you willing are
deceive customers and over-valueing items then giving the customer
less without any evidence to prove your decision.

I am therefore going to post my dealings with your company on open
internet forums so other people can read and avoid your 'services'.

I will be posting this on a forum with 69,000 members
(http://forums.thedigitalfix.co.uk), another with 335,000 members
(http://www.avforums.com/forums) and another with 698,000 members
(http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com).
This means that over 1.1million customers will know to avoid using
your 'services' in future.

If you decide to pay me what I am owed, then I will follow up those
postings with a resolution, but as you and Robert Dudani have failed
to respond you have left me with no choice.

Regards,

xxxxxxxxxxx
Sell-to-CeX order ID: 3xxx89

So my advice is to AVOID this company if you are wanting to sell your phone to them via the website as they WILL REGRADE YOUR PRICE TO THE LOWER TEIR to BOOST THEIR PROFITS

I have a good mind to get the IMEI blocked across all networks, but THAT would be dishonest.

So PLEASE think twice before using these cowboys.

Comments

• flashy
    flashy Posts: 139 Forumite
    that's appalling that their small print means they can basically rip you off.

Thanks for the warning, i'm stunned
  • WildWayz
    WildWayz Posts: 98 Forumite
    And here is their T&Cs
    CeX.co.uk Terms and Conditions

Welcome to the CeX.co.uk website terms and conditions for use. These terms and conditions apply to the use of this website and by accessing this website and/or placing an order you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions you may not use or access this website.
    Before you place an order, if you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions please contact our WeCare (customer service) department by email at [EMAIL="wecare&#64;webuy.com"]wecare@webuy.com[/EMAIL].
    Definitions

• "Conditions" means these terms and conditions.
    • "Product" means a product displayed for sale on the website.
    • "Product Description" means that part of the website where certain terms and conditions in respect of the individual product are provided.
    • "Special Conditions" means the terms and conditions in the product description.
    • "Users" means the users of the website collectively.
    • "Personal Information" means the details provided by you on registration;
    • "We/us" means CeX Ltd.
    • "Website" means the website located at https://www.CeX.co.uk or any subsequent URL which may replace it.
    • "Cookies" means small text files which our website places on your computer's hard drive to store information about your shopping session and to identify your computer.
    • "United Kingdom" means England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands.
    • "Affiliates" means any website operator, retailer, kiosk operator, direct marketing company, telemarketer, or operator of other direct marketing campaigns that has entered into an agreement with https://www.CeX.co.uk which compensates the affiliate for transactions resulting from business directed to the https://www.CeX.co.uk website by the affiliate.
    • "You" means a user of this website.
    Use of the website

Access
    You are provided with access to this website in accordance with these conditions and any orders placed by you must be placed strictly in accordance with these conditions.
    Registration
    You warrant that:
    • The personal information which you are required to provide when you register as a customer is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects.
    • You will notify us immediately of any changes to the personal information by contacting us.
    • You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
    Indemnity
    You agree fully to indemnify, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of the conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this website, or the use by any other person accessing the website using your shopping account and/or your personal information.
    Our rights
    We reserve the right to:
    • Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this website (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the website.
    • Change the conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the website (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the conditions then you must immediately stop using the website.
    Third party links
    To provide increased value to our users, we may provide links to other websites or resources for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not review or endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for (i) the privacy practices of such websites, (ii) the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources or (iii) the use to which others make of these websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
    Privacy
    We will treat all your personal information as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). We will keep it on a secure server and we will fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place. When you shop on this website, we will ask you to input and will collect personal information from you such as your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections, credit card or other payment information and a password. We may also collect, and our third party providers of advertisements and content may collect, information about where you are on the internet (e.g. the URL you came from, IP address, domain types such as .co.uk and .com), your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms that you entered on our website ("User Information"). We may collect this information even if you do not register with us. You should be aware that this site is being monitored and may capture information about your visit that will help us improve the quality of our service. We confirm that any personal information which you provide to us (or which is available on public registers) and any user information, from which we can identify you, is held in accordance with the registration we have with the Data Commissioner's Office. We use your information only for the following purposes:

• Processing your orders
    • For statistical or survey purposes to improve this website and its services to you
    • To serve website content and advertisements to you
    • To administer this website
    • If you consent, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you
    You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003. If you are purchasing a television or television receiving equipment from us, please note that the Wireless Telegraphy Act 1967 requires us to notify the TV Licensing Authority, giving full details of the address to which the TV will be delivered. This is in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws.
    When you create a shopping account while ordering online you will be given the option to receive information from CeX Ltd, about products, promotions or special offers which we feel may be of interest to you. In the event that you do not wish to be contacted for such purposes, ensure that you do not tick the appropriate box as you go through the registration process. You may unsubscribe from our contact list at any time by replying to a promotional e-mail with the word "unsubscribe" in the subject line or emailing WeCare at [EMAIL="wecare&#64;webuy.com"]wecare@webuy.com[/EMAIL].
    Your personal information may be disclosed to other businesses within CeX Ltd and to reputable third parties who will help process your order. CeX Ltd requires all such third parties to treat your personal information as fully confidential and to fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place. We will not release your personal information to any company outside of CeX Ltd for mailing or marketing purposes.
    We only collect personally identifiable information to the extent reasonably necessary to serve our legitimate business purposes and we will maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the information you have provided. We do not supply your personal information to others, unless requested to do so by the Police Authorities or Court Order.
    When entering any of our contests or prize draws, you provide your name, email address and mailing address. If you win, we will send the prize to the address entered and notify you by email. When you enter a contest or prize draw, you are also included in our newsletter list to receive notice of promotions, specials and new additions to the website. You may unsubscribe from this news list by following the unsubscribe instructions in any email received.
    We use cookies to keep track of your current shopping session to personalise your experience and so that you may retrieve your shopping basket at any time - if you do not accept cookies you will be unable to use this website
    Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy policy.
    Questions regarding this Policy should be directed to the Administrative Head Office of CeX.co.uk as follows:

E-Commerce Department
    CeX Ltd
    Unit 2a
    Hille Business Centre
    132 St. Albans Road
    Watford
    Hertfordshire
    WD24 4AE
    Purchase & Selling Of Products

Orders
    We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the website. Click here to find out more about our refund and returns policies, which are also incorporated into these conditions.
    Contract creation and electronic contracting
    The technical steps required to create the contract between you and us are as follows:
    • You place the order for your products on the website by pressing the confirm order button at the end of the checkout process. You will be guided through the process of placing an order by a series of simple instructions on the website.
    • We will send to you an order acknowledgement email detailing the products you have ordered. This is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from CeX Ltd.
    • As your product is shipped from our warehouse we will send you a dispatch confirmation email.
    • Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the dispatch to you of the products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order, or you have cancelled it in accordance with the instructions below.
    Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
    • The product you ordered being unavailable from stock.
    • Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment.
    • The identification of a pricing or product description error.
    • You not meeting the eligibility to order criteria set out in the main Terms & Conditions.

The contract will be concluded in English.
    The details of your specific contract will not be filed by CeX Ltd. If you do require any information regarding orders you have placed with CeX Ltd please write to us at the following address:

E-Commerce Department
    CeX Ltd
    Unit 2a
    Hille Business Centre
    132 St. Albans Road
    Watford
    Hertfordshire
    WD24 4AE Please note: Buying from CeX and selling to CeX are separate transactions; purchased cannot be made on https://www.CeX.co.uk based on the expected sale of a product.
    Contract cancellation
    Once your order has been placed we are unable to cancel orders. If you wish to exercise your right to cancel this contract after your order has been placed, items may be returned for refund or exchange provided CeX is notified via email at [EMAIL="wecare&#64;webuy.com"]wecare@webuy.com[/EMAIL] within eight [8] days of delivery of the item. CeX must also be notified via email at [EMAIL="wecare&#64;webuy.com"]wecare@webuy.com[/EMAIL] of any items that have been delivered incorrectly or incomplete within eight [8] days of delivery of the item.

Outside of eight [8] days, CeX reserves the right to refuse any refund or exchange requested for items which are not faulty.

Please note: Items must be returned to CeX in order for any refunds or exchanges to take place.

Please return your item to:

CeX.co.uk
    E-Commerce Department
    Unit 2a
    Hille Business Centre
    132A St Albans Road
    Watford
    Hertfordshire
    WD24 4AE
    United Kingdom
    Description of products
    All products are second hand unless stated.
    Each product purchased is sold subject to its product description which sets out additional specific conditions related to that product including, without limitation, terms and conditions concerning estimated delivery dates and times, warranties, after-sales service and guarantees.
    Please note, however, that all product descriptions and images are for display purposes only and do not represent the finished product. Any accessories listed will be for mint condition items only, and are not included on good condition, poor condition, Discounted, or Budget items.
    Box contents may vary; additional downloadable content listed on the box may not be included.
    We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of products appearing on the website are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. Although we aim to keep the website as up to date as possible, the information including product descriptions appearing on this website at a particular time may not always reflect the position exactly at the moment you place an order. We cannot confirm the price of a product until your order is accepted in accordance with our order acceptance policy.
    Images
    Images are for illustration only. Actual item design may vary slightly from image.
    Condition of items
    We will charge you more depending on the condition of our products. For electronic items, mobile phones and consoles, we break this down into four grades:

• Mint - Working phone in as new/mint condition. Complete with original box and accessories as sold new.
    • Good [and Discounted] - Working phone in good condition with slight cosmetic blemishes. Charger supplied. If the phone includes a music player/radio then it is supplied with headphones. If the phone has PDA functionality a sync cable and/or docking cradle is supplied. Missing original packaging.
    • Poor [and Budget] - Working phone in poor cosmetic condition. Original or 3rd party charger supplied but missing accessories and original packaging.
    • Non-working - We buy non-working phones. Non-working phones must be intact, not crushed or snapped in half. Non-working examples: dead, cracked, broken/bleeding LCD (screen), not powering up, speaker/mic faults, broken aerial, etc. Accessories are not required. We do not sell non-working phones. Non-working phones are either repaired, stripped for parts to repair other phones or recycled into base materials to be used again. Nothing goes to landfill.
    Phones: See Grading System above.
    Games: All games are sold in working condition. Occasionally games will be supplied with reprinted paper inlays. Instruction manuals are not guaranteed to be included. All PC CD-ROM games which require a serial key will come complete with instructions.
    DVDs and Blu-Ray discs: All DVDs and Blu-Ray discs are sold in working condition. Occasionally DVDs and Blu-Ray films will be supplied with reprinted paper inlays.
    Payments
    To buy any product from CeX.co.uk you must make payment using a valid UK credit or debit card. If you wish to use a CeX exchange voucher as part or all of your payment, these must be mailed to us. All vouchers sent to CeX are made pursuant to a shipment contract. Prior to CeX receiving the vouchers, the risk of loss and title for such items remains with the customer. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items passes to us upon delivery from the carrier. As such, CeX recommends that when sending vouchers to us you use an insured and/or traceable method of transit, such as Royal Mail Special Delivery or Recorded Delivery.
    CeX must receive the voucher/s along with a copy of the confirmation email sent to the customer once the order has been placed. Once the voucher/s have been received, provided they are valid, CeX will issue a refund to the card used for original payment to the value of the valid voucher/s, and a confirmation email will be sent to the customer.
    Should the voucher/s be invalid, CeX will return the voucher/s to the customer and not issue a refund to the original method of payment to the value of the voucher/s.
    Voucher/s must be sent to the following address:

E-Commerce Department
    CeX Ltd
    Unit 2a
    Hille Business Centre
    132 St. Albans Road
    Watford
    Hertfordshire
    WD24 4AE
    If items become unavailable after placing your order, your order will be cancelled and you will not be charged.
    Tracking your order
    Once you have successfully placed your order and received e-mail confirmation back from us you are able to track the fulfillment progress by logging in to your account via the shopping basket section on the homepage. You will receive an email confirmation when your items have been dispatched.
    Delivery Policies
    At CeX.co.uk postage and packing is completely free!
    All items over £40 will be sent by recorded delivery. This is a next day service that requires a signature on delivery.
  • WildWayz
    and the rest of them...

Lost in transit deliveries
    Having recently placed your order you can follow the delivery guidelines above to give you an idea of when you can expect delivery of your goods. If you have not received your order within 28 days of the confirmation of dispatch email (sent to the email address registered to your account when you place the order), please contact us via [EMAIL="wecare&#64;webuy.com"]wecare@webuy.com[/EMAIL] and we will be more than happy to rectify the situation.
    In the unlikely event that an order is lost during shipment, we will attempt to source a replacement to dispatch to you. If this is not possible we will refund you the value of the missing item/s to the card used for original payment. The value refunded will be equal to the value taken for original payment of the item, and will not reflect any price changes which have since occurred.
    In order to confirm that an order shipped via post has indeed been lost, we must wait 28 days before refunding it, as most 'missing' items are located within the postal system within this period. It may also be advisable to contact your local sorting office to see if they are holding the order, having already tried unsuccessfully to deliver it to you.
    Please note: Some orders are shipped requiring the customer's signature upon delivery and cannot be released by the driver without this.
    In order to process any refunds for items which have been lost during transit, you must contact WeCare with your order number at [EMAIL="wecare&#64;webuy.com"]wecare@webuy.com[/EMAIL] .
    Is there a minimum order value for buying items online?
    The minimum order total is £2.00. Any orders below this amount will not be successful.
    Please note this is per order, and not per item. There are no limits when selling online.
    All application software, as well as PC CD-ROM games limited to one user registration, must be in its original box, full retailing packaging and sealed.
    Selling to CeX
    CeX Ltd and their associates reserve the right to refuse to purchase any items at their sole discretion. CeX Ltd and their associates reserve the right to limit the number of purchases that are honoured to any customer at their sole discretion.
    Please ensure that you are the legal owner of the goods you wish to sell, as ownership will be transferred to CeX Ltd upon receipt of order.
    Your obligation is to dispatch goods you are selling to CeX in a timely manner.
    All items bought by CeX.co.uk are made pursuant to a shipment contract. Prior to CeX.co.uk receiving such items, the risk of loss and title for such items remains with you until CeX.co.uk receives such items. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items passes to us upon delivery from the carrier.
    You must ensure that all parts of your order are sent at the same time. Should we receive only part of your order, we will cancel items that have not been received, and process the items we have received. CeX will not take responsibility for incomplete orders.
    CeX issues payment to the details the customer provides to us, and as such cannot be held responsible should your payment not reach the customer due to being supplied with incorrect details.
    Please note value we offer for your items may be reduced upon receipt depending on their condition. We may also reduce the price if the quantity being sold by a customer exceeds five [5] units within a period of one [1] month.
    In the event that your phone does not meet our grading criteria for "mint", "good" or "poor" conditions, we will regrade your item to "non-working".
    Your goods must be received by CeX Ltd at the designated location within ten [10] working days of your order being placed. Quoted prices may vary or orders may be cancelled if goods are not received within this period.
    Please note that prices quoted on our website are subject to change without notice.
    Donations
    If you opt to make a part donation of the value of the item(s) you are selling and the item(s) are regraded down in value, the value of your donation will be reduced accordingly. If the value of your item(s) is reduced by more than your the value of your donation, then no donation will be paid, but any balance will be paid to you.

If the value of your item(s) is greater than originally valued, then the value paid to you will increase. If you have selected the total value of item(s) to go to charity then the total value to charity will increase accordingly.
    Failed Items
    Any item that fails our testing procedures will be returned (if requested) by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery.
    Once sent, a tracking number can be supplied on request.
    CeX will not take responsibility for lost or damaged goods among failed items.
    Refunds and Returns

Items may be returned for refund or exchange provided CeX is notified by email at [EMAIL="wecare&#64;webuy.com"]wecare@webuy.com[/EMAIL] within eight [8] days of delivery of the item. CeX must also be notified by email at [EMAIL="wecare&#64;webuy.com"]wecare@webuy.com[/EMAIL] of any items that have been delivered incorrectly or incomplete within eight [8] days of delivery of the item.
    Please note: Items for refund or exchange must be returned to CeX.
    Being notified outside of eight [8] days, CeX reserves the right to refuse any refund or exchange requested for items which are not faulty.
    Information provided must contain your order number, the title of the item/s you are returning, and the reason for return. Merchandise must be in same condition as when it was sent with all accessories and manuals that came with it, including a copy of the invoice and a short note detailing the reason you are requesting a refund or exchange.
    CeX offers a twelve [12] month warranty on all items except consumables. The CeX twelve [12] month warranty does not cover physical damage, water damage, or any damage caused by unlocking a mobile phone, and only covers software faults arising in the course of normal use. For further details on the conditions of the warranty, please contact us at [EMAIL="wecare&#64;webuy.com"]wecare@webuy.com[/EMAIL] .
    Defective merchandise will be fully tested to verify the fault. Should an item not be found to be defective it will be dispatched back to you, however should an item be found to be defective we will first seek to repair the item; if no repair can be made, we will seek a replacement item. If no replacement can be issued, a refund will be given. Repairs can take up to 28 working days.
    Please note: Our refunds and returns policy may be restricted against titles that are exclusively for online play.
    Please note that we cannot accept refunds or returns if you deliver them to us by hand, and as such refunds and returns can also not be carried out in CeX stores.
    All merchandise for return or refund must be sent to the following address:

E-Commerce Department
    CeX Ltd
    Unit 2a
    Hille Business Centre
    132 St. Albans Road
    Watford
    Hertfordshire
    WD24 4AE
    All items sent to CeX for refund or return, are made pursuant to a shipment contract. Prior to CeX receiving such items the risk of loss and title for such items remains with the customer. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items passes to us upon delivery from the carrier. As such, CeX recommends that when sending items for return or refund you use an insured and/or traceable method of transit, such as Royal Mail Special Delivery or Recorded Delivery.
    Please provide proof of postage costs with returned items, when goods are faulty or incorrect.
    CeX will reimburse these postage costs by way of a cheque.
    Vouchers
    CeX will accept Head Office or store vouchers. We will refund your credit card used for the order with the voucher amount.
    If the value of the voucher exceeds the value of the card transaction, a balance voucher will be sent.
    Please note: vouchers sent to us to refund card transactions must be sent within 28 days of receiving the confirmation of dispatch email.

When sending in your CeX voucher(s) please attach your confirmation of dispatch email to your voucher(s) to avoid any confusion and to ensure your vouchers are redeemed swiftly and correctly.
    Electronic Communications

When you visit CeX.co.uk or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on this site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
    Copyright
    All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of CeX.co.uk or its content suppliers and protected by UK and international copyright laws. The compilation of all content on this site is the exclusive property of CeX.co.uk and protected by UK. and international copyright laws. All software used on this site is the property of CeX.co.uk or its software suppliers and protected by UK and international copyright laws.
    Trademarks
    CeX.co.uk; CeX; and other marks indicated on our site are registered trademarks of CeX.co.uk, Inc. or its subsidiaries, in the UK and other countries. CeX.co.uk; CeX; and other CeX.co.uk graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are trademarks or trade dress of CeX.co.uk, Inc. or its subsidiaries. CeX.co.uk's trademarks and associated images may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not CeX.co.uk's, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits CeX.co.uk. All other trademarks not owned by CeX.co.uk or its subsidiaries that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by CeX.co.uk or its subsidiaries.
    License and Site Access
    CeX.co.uk grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of this site and not to download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with express written consent of CeX.co.uk. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of this site or its contents; any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of this site or its contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. This site or any portion of this site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent of CeX.co.uk. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of CeX.co.uk and our affiliates without express written content. You may not use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilizing CeX.co.uk's name or trademarks without the express written consent of CeX.co.uk. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by CeX.co.uk. You are granted a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to the home page of CeX.co.uk so long as the link does not portray CeX.co.uk, its affiliates, or their products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter. You may not use any CeX.co.uk logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark as part of the link without express written permission.
    Your Account
    If you use this site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. CeX.co.uk does sell products for children, but it sells them to adults, who can purchase with a credit card. If you are under 16, you may use CeX.co.uk only with involvement of a parent or guardian. CeX.co.uk and its affiliates reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in their sole discretion.
    Reviews, Comments, Communications, and Other Content
    Visitors may post comments, and other content and communications; and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information, so long as the content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam." You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of a card or other content. CeX.co.uk reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit such content, but does not regularly review posted content.
    If you do post content or submit material, and unless we indicate otherwise, you grant CeX.co.uk and its affiliates a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media. You grant CeX.co.uk and its affiliates and sub licensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post; that the content is accurate; that use of the content you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and that you will indemnify CeX.co.uk or its affiliates for all claims resulting from content you supply. CeX.co.uk has the right but not the obligation to monitor and edit or remove any activity or content. CeX.co.uk takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
    General
    Intellectual property and right to use:
    You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content supplied as part of the website shall remain at all times vested in us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us or our licensors.
    You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within the website is made available for your personal non-commercial use only and that you may (if necessary to make a purchase) download such material and content onto only one computer hard drive for such purpose. Any other use of the material and content of the website is strictly prohibited. You agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
    The website may be used only for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations regarding the website and any transactions conducted on or through the website.
    Limitation of liability
    While we will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the website, we make no warranties, whether express or implied in relation to its accuracy. The website is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis without any representation or endorsement made and we make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the website, or any transaction that may be conducted on or through the website including but not limited to, implied warranties of non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, conditions of completeness, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade.
    We make no warranty that the website will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the website. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the website.
    To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, we disclaim any and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the products. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, nor does it affect your contract cancellation rights.
    We will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the conditions for:

• Any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings)
    • Any loss of goodwill or reputation
    • Any special or indirect losses suffered or incurred by that party arising out of or in connection with the provisions of any matter under the conditions.
    Nothing in the conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our servants, agents or employees.
    Severance
    If any part of the conditions shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from the conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of the conditions.
    Waiver
    No waiver by us shall be construed as a waiver of any proceeding or succeeding breach of any provision.
    Survival
    Each provision of the conditions shall be construed as separately applying and surviving even if for any reason one or other of those provisions is held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances.
    Entire agreement
    These conditions govern our relationship with you. Any changes to these conditions must be in writing and signed by both parties. In this way, we can avoid any problems surrounding what CeX Ltd and you are expected to do. You confirm that, in agreeing to accept the conditions, you have not relied on any representation save insofar as the same has expressly been made a term of these conditions and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any representation. Your statutory rights are not affected by these terms and conditions. Nothing in this clause shall limit or exclude our liability in respect of any fraudulent or negligent misrepresentation whether or not such has become a term of the conditions.
    Applicable Law
    By visiting CeX.co.uk, you agree that the laws of the England and Wales, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these conditions of use and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and CeX.co.uk or its affiliates.
    Contact
    The registered company name and address are:

C.E.X. LIMITED
    STERLING HOUSE
    FULBOURNE ROAD
    LONDON
    E17 4EE
    Please view our contact page for further contact information.
    Company registration number: 03194152
  • Equaliser123
    Equaliser123 Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    If it were me, I'd just stick a small claims action on them for the difference between the amount quoted and actually paid.
  • jimbms
    jimbms Posts: 1,100 Forumite
    Why didn't you just stick it on amazon as many do, that model is selling for around £400 atm in that condition.
    Approach her; adore her. Behold her; worship her. Caress her; indulge her. Kiss her; pleasure her. Kneel to her; lavish her. Assert to her; let her guide you. Obey her as you know how; Surrender is so wonderful! For Caroline my Goddess.
  • WildWayz
    I can't stick it on Amazon as they have the phone and won't return it.
  • jimbms
    jimbms Posts: 1,100 Forumite
    WildWayz wrote: »
    I can't stick it on Amazon as they have the phone and won't return it.
    Note I said why didn't you not why don't you meaning that would have been the wiser option in the first place.
    Approach her; adore her. Behold her; worship her. Caress her; indulge her. Kiss her; pleasure her. Kneel to her; lavish her. Assert to her; let her guide you. Obey her as you know how; Surrender is so wonderful! For Caroline my Goddess.
  • WildWayz
    Apologies - misread what you had written :)
  • marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Did you threaten to have them sacked?:D

;)http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2579729
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)