Boiler repair (diverter valve & leaking autovent)

2»

Comments

• mattmk6
    mattmk6 Posts: 44 Forumite
    gas4you wrote: »
    Well clever you.

You seem to miss the essence of my post.

i must have done because you just took the cost of the part and multiplied it by 3!

so your labours rates may be cheap but you make your money on the mark up of parts!:T
  • Just had the diverter valve on our boiler changed for £60 total and has done the trick beautifully (was stuck in the heat position so no hot was going to the hot water tank).

Try and see if there are any local recommended gas fitters who would have a look at the problem (chances are they will NOT have big flashy ads in the yellow pages). Does seem like the guy really did not want the job.

Hi,

The OP has a combi as opposed to your, apparently, external zone valve.
    A completely different kettle of lobsters.

The Sime part will be more expensive.

GSR.
    Ask to see CIPHE (Chartered Institute of Plumbing & Heating Engineering)
  • hi can anyone help i have a sime super 105 mk11 combi boiler when i run my hotwater taps i dont get hot water but when i put on my heating then run tap hot water comes through, not a job for a woman
  • hi can anyone help me i have a sime 105 mk11 combi boiler when i put hot water taps on no hot water coming through but when i put heating on bingo the hot water comes through any help would be greatful .
  • gas4you
    gas4you Posts: 2,602 Forumite
    mattmk6 wrote: »
    i must have done because you just took the cost of the part and multiplied it by 3!

so your labours rates may be cheap but you make your money on the mark up of parts!:T

I was just attempting to give the OP the maximum price he should be paying for the job by quoting retail.

Anyway, why shouldn't a customer pay published retail prices for parts?

You all do at Tesco or Sainsbury's.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport