Problems logging on to Nationwide Internet banking tonight

Anybody else having problems logging on to Nationwide tonight ?

I have entered my number several times but it keeps telling me it is the incorrect number.

My wife has done the same with her account and can't log on.

We have phoned the help line but calls are not getting through.

There is no message on the internet site to say that there is an error, but when we try to sign on, the details are not accepted.

We have checked the site for for plishing etc and checked the security icon. all is OK.

Is there a network problem ?

Comments

• LittleVoice
    LittleVoice Posts: 8,974 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Looks like problems. I didn't even get the chance to put in my number but got this message.

The Nationwide website is currently unavailable - normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.
    We apologise for any inconvenience this will cause.
  • Yes, The message is there now.

For a couple of hours it wasn't.

I did worry a little at first, checked the URL's, checked the security icon etc etc just in case.

Perhaps the phone line problem was the callers trying to get though with the same problem.
  • Alfie_E
    Alfie_E Posts: 1,293 Forumite
    The main website now describes the status as “Internet Bank Fault”. As it probably won’t last much longer and because I particular like the emoticon in the image that accompanies the text that LittleVoice has already told you about, I shall add a screenshot.
    were_sorry.png
    古池や蛙飛込む水の音
  • ManAtHome
    ManAtHome Posts: 8,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Looks like I was right about their "think tank" who thought up their new "security" questions having an average age around 5...
  • Milarky
    Milarky Posts: 6,355 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    The main worry is that the site simply gives out a false indication when this happens. (And it has happened before, a few times) They don't have the means of advising someone trying to log in when they have, in fact, input their details correctly, but it is the system which is not working. As you only get three attempts normally - so would you carry on a second (or third) time in those circumstances?

(Big company - loads of customers - prestige website - an "ah.. we'll back to you on that one" attitude)
    .....under construction.... COVID is a [discontinued] scam
  • Milarky
    Milarky Posts: 6,355 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Nationwide has just written to me saying that their Telephone Self Service facility has been improved and now allows you to request a transfer from e savings into flexaccount (and from flexaccount you have complete access tou your bills payments/ internal transfers.)

I've checked with Nationwide and they say (not with 100% confidence) that, 'yes', you can transfer out of e savings now.

When you register they allocate you a passnumber and ask you for selected digits from this and you use your existing customer number to identify yourself.

According to Saynoto0870 their geographical number is 01793 758666 (but there is no freephone number for this)
    .....under construction.... COVID is a [discontinued] scam
  • sloughflint
    sloughflint Posts: 2,345 Forumite
    May I tag a query onto this thread please?
    Is anyone else having trouble downloading data into Microsoft Money?
  • LittleVoice
    LittleVoice Posts: 8,974 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Milarky wrote: »
    I've checked with Nationwide and they say (not with 100% confidence) that, 'yes', you can transfer out of e savings now.

As of 8 November, on line at least, it was not possible to transfer from eSavings to anything other than to Flex.

I tried transferring from eSavings to the Regular Saver because the Regular Saver appeared in the drop-down list having eSavings for the "from" account in quick transfer mode. But when clicking to effect the transfer, I got the message that it could not be done.
  • siwilks
    siwilks Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Am thoroughly fed up with Nationwide Internet banking. My wife and I have had the same issue repeatedly over the past week or so. Fortunately they hadn't locked me out because I'd tried a lot of times. What's crazy is about one in fifteen times it does work. And yet when you try again with the same data it fails.

I phoned them one day and they were no help (apparently the technical team had left 3 minutes earlier). I then called them at the weekend and was told that it was me entering my details wrong. I asked to be put through to the technical department because I knew that it wasn't our error and the guy tried to connect us but eventually gave up because their lines were so busy. He insisted that we were doing it wrong (even though we'd been doing it fine for the previous five years) and that we should reset our memorable data. My wife did this, we got the letter through today and surprise surprise - it didn't work. I just called them again and the woman told us it was because we must have keyed it in wrong. We tried it one last time and it did log us in but I don't hold out any hope it will work again in future.

It's not as if I'm not very computer-savvy by the way, I'm a web developer and spend my life doing this kind of thing.
  • May I tag a query onto this thread please?
    Is anyone else having trouble downloading data into Microsoft Money?

yes!! I am having trouble with that too, have been all day and yesterday too. Its been working fine for over 18 months, the last time I used it was 5th November, and it worked then.

Microsoft support is terrible. You can't just email them, you have to go through a long winded support form, but then after you have explained the problem, an error page appears! I can't see anyway to get support for the support form! what a joke.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure