BRITANNIA MUSIC CLUB

services@bclub.co.uk

What do you do to get this company to reply to your Emails ?

I sent Three DVD'S back to them, I know they recieved them because one has been taken off the account, also I have a reciept, the others I am still being charged for, why ? they won't reply to tell me.

Their records show that I have ordered less full priced recordings  than I actually have, so the account can never be closed and I will continue to receive there recommended recordings. Why ?

They recently sent me a DVD of which they knew had been canceled but dispite them apoligising for the mistake they refused to pay for it to be returned. why ?

I have had 33 DVD'S and 16 CD'S from this company and you would think they would like to keep my custom. why ?

Chris
Rememember. Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Never pass up an opportunity to go to the bathroom.
If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance. And finally, be really nice to your family and friends; you never know
when, You might need them to empty your bedpan.

Comments

• I would have thought this post would be more appropriate in the Vent Board. I own a considerable number of DVDs but I would never join such a music/dvd purchase club scheme like Britannia as the DVDs of films you want will eventually come down in price in sales or promos with vouchers.

Then again with unreleased and new films there is always the black market which can supply excellent 'retail' quality DVDs as a short term solution to owning the latest blockbuster. ie. I had Finding Nemo in August and its still not released as a region 2 in UK until later this month.

Now that you have bought well over the minimum requirement, why don't you just cancel your membership. Are they really that cheap after the introductory offer?
  • COS
    COS Posts: 550
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Once again I have to moan about Britannia Music Club.
    I have noticed for the second time that dispite cancelling there recommended recordings on site they have sent it out so therefore they are going to cost me the postage to return the item , so they think.

If this has happened to anyone else, I am happy to send them a copy of the prepaid postage sticker of which the post office suggested I copy for future use.

Britannia refuse to answer any emails from myself and other people I have spoken to and wonder if any others have had this experiance or had regular recordings taken from their account as to enable Britannia to keep the account open and therefore force recordings upon you.
    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance. And finally, be really nice to your family and friends; you never know
  • Britannia Music Club are a nightmare to deal with. I suggest this; when they send you CD'S DVD'S etc... that you haven't ordered just write on the packet "not at this address" and put it in the post box.
    The Royal Mail will deliver the packet to Britannia, and either charge them for underpayment on the postage or ignore it. Either way, you don't pay for the postage.

In fact, come to think of it, a better method would be to write to your local delivery office of Royal Mail and tell them not to deliver any mail or packets from Britannia. Royal Mail will then put a "special instruction" note in your postman's sorting frame so that he can't miss the instruction each day as he sorts his mail.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR A SPECIAL INSTRUCTION.

Don't let Royal Mail rip you off, a special instruction is free. Redirections are not. As your not asking for your mail to be redirected you don't have to pay.

Photocopy your letter asking for the special instruction and ask your delivery office for a receipt, for your records.

Good luck, I was in the same situation with Britannia Music Club and did stop them in the end.
    Nobody ever said "I wished I had worked harder" on their deathbed.
  • payless
    payless Posts: 6,955
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Or better still don't be tempted to join them
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • Payless, that reply must have taxed you. ::)
  • payless
    payless Posts: 6,955
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    sometimes the simple ways are best ;D
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • COS
    COS Posts: 550
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I may have the answer to my problem with this company.

I logged into my account and went to, change details, in the address section I left a message informing them, that as they won't respond to my contacts I refuse to accept any more items from them. Their system accepted the amendment.

I await the reply once they see the new address.
  • ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;DI dumped them as soon as I had taken my 6 DVD.S/CD'S

They lull us all in to the fact they are competitive.

I found both DVD'S\and CD'S at half the price Brittannia were charging at my local Asda store.

And remember, on top of the price they are charging they have the gall to charge you P+P.

Dump them quick ;D ;D ;D ;D
    Be ALERT - The world needs more LERTS
  • mez_2
    mez_2 Posts: 15 Forumite
    :(
    Hi, I recently wrote to Britannia because after logging on to my account I found I'd been charged for a CD which they hadn't sent/I hadn't received.

I received their reply today which states that because I didn't contact them within 30 days of receiving a statement for the item, they cannot credit my account.

I assumed the balance on my last statement was nil so didn't even check.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Learn from the mistakes of others - you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.
  • busted_2
    busted_2 Posts: 13
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Everyone dump this terrible company, they are not worth the effort.
    Pay them nothing if you haven't ordered something, and get out of there!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure