02477240004 Who is this please

:mad: I have a brand new phone number that only two people have

Yet from the day I got it I have been receiving calls about reclaiming after an accident

I have registered with TPS and made a complaint to silentgard.com

Does anyone know who this is ?
I am getting calls every day and really want to get removed pronto

Comments

• Faith177
    Faith177 Posts: 2,927
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Looking at whocallsme.com it's an automated PPI reclaim thing
    First Date 08/11/2008, Moved In Together 01/06/2009, Engaged 01/01/10, Wedding Day 27/04/2013, Baby Moshie due 29/06/2019 :T
  • transient
    transient Posts: 528 Forumite
    As been discussed before this will be a automated dialer going through thousands of consecutive numbers more than likely.
  • annie1975_2
    annie1975_2 Posts: 626 Forumite
    I dont even answer my phone anymore.They should be banned.
  • Gorf123
    Gorf123 Posts: 77
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks for the info. Just got a missed call from this number on my mobile. I've added it to the blacklist, so I'll never be disturbed by them again...
  • Enfieldian
    Enfieldian Posts: 2,893
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    :mad: I have a brand new phone number that only two people have

Yet from the day I got it I have been receiving calls about reclaiming after an accident

I have registered with TPS and made a complaint to silentgard.com

Does anyone know who this is ?
    I am getting calls every day and really want to get removed pronto

Next time, try Googling the number before posting on the MSE forum.
  • TRace
    TRace Posts: 53 Forumite
    As said above the http://whocallsme.com/ site is great for checking such things.

Sadly once you get a number that is on certain lists the TPS and CTPS are useless. When we moved offices recently we were given a number from BT which was on many such lists and despite signing up for the CTPS we still receive about ten marketing or spam calls a week asking for the phones previous owner.
  • vikingaero
    vikingaero Posts: 10,920
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    When you buy a new phone and are supplied with a number it may have been used by someone previously. They networks will often keep the number in suspense for a while before releasing it. However this will not stop auto/random diallers and nor will it stop the newstart scam marketing companies who buy cheap lists with out of date numbers.

The best ploy is to change your mindset when you receive these numbers. Instead of getting annoyed, get revenge by stringing them along if you are free to talk.
    The man without a signature.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Posts: 766 Forumite
    annie1975 wrote: »
    I dont even answer my phone anymore.They should be banned.

Yes they should be! Sometimes, I make a note of the number and ring it back, and it's dead! How can they be anonymous like this, when they invade MY privacy?! I have also registered with the TPS, but they cannot always help. When the number is dead when you call it back and you have no company number, they can't do anything about it.
  • :mad: I have a brand new phone number that only two people have

Any chance you have a smart phone? Some phones have blacklists, add the number to it and it won't bother you again.
  • Make a complaint to the ICO - they raided and shut down an office in Manchester who were doing a similar thing the other day.

Absolutely sick of unsolicited calls and texts to a private number but at least the ICO are doing something about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure