10 Places for a proposal in New York

I have chosen the Tiffany ring now, so need a venue in New York to as the question. Apart from the cliche empire state, can anyone suggest a place or top restaurant (with a view) to hand over the ring. Your help is greatly appreciated, Tom

Comments

• duckcity
    duckcity Posts: 110 Forumite
    Top of the Rock at night.
  • I would have thought the airport when you get there.
    If she turns you down dump her there and tell her to find her own way home whilst you enjoy New York.

I am of of course only joking and desperately trying to avoid the things my wife is throwing at me for merely suggesting such a thing!!!
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,298 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Romantic Ways to Propose

The moment has arrived when you've found the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. You're ready to ask that big question, it has to be perfect, and dinner at '21' is the place.

After all, you wouldn't be the first person to propose at '21'. Screen legend Humphrey Bogart proposed to Lauren Bacall at his [URL="javascript:internalLink('onyc_c2b3_famous_tables.jsp')"]favorite table[/URL] in the Bar Room of '21' and many others have followed in his footsteps.

Our team of highly trained professionals are on hand to work with you to plan every last detail, including hiding the ring in a specially prepared dessert.

http://www.21club.com/web/onyc/onyc_c4g_question.jsp
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • se999
    se999 Posts: 2,409 Forumite
    Saw your post and remembered the romantic topten on the New York tourist info website:

http://www.nyctourist.com/topten_romantic.htm
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,298 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • floyd
    floyd Posts: 2,722 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Get a little rowboat and row her to the middle of Central Park lake. It will be quiet and a bit more personal than being jostled by tourists at the top of the rock or Empire State building.
  • Teahfc
    Teahfc Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Book to a show and tell the theatre in advance and then nip off to the Bathroom but in fact onto the stage at half time and announce it there in front of everyone !
    "Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain."

''Money can't buy you happiness but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.''
  • TBeckett100
    TBeckett100 Posts: 4,732 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    thanks for the fab ideas everyone!!!
  • alibongo42
    alibongo42 Posts: 295 Forumite
    I can recommend a restaurant with a view - "The View" revolving restaurant in the Marriott Marquis hotel on Times Square.

It's on about the 47th floor and completes a 360 degree revolution in about an hour. You can also just have drinks if you don't want to go for a meal.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-information/restaurant/nycmq-new-york-marriott-marquis-times-square/
  • shudd1967
    shudd1967 Posts: 772 Forumite
    I agree with Central Park but I have to say go to the top of Bathsheba castle (spelt something like that) and the views are amazing across the park and it is very romantic.
    Aim to win in 2013 - a holiday somewhere nice, New York break, treats for family & friends & some cash would be lovely!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure