Benefit christmas payments

Hi,

could you please tell me when benefit payments are being made over the christmas period 2011?

I am on jsa and my payment date is the 28th of December will i get it earlier?

Comments

• Lainelou68 wrote: »
    Hi,

could you please tell me when benefit payments are being made over the christmas period 2011?

I am on jsa and my payment date is the 28th of December will i get it earlier?

I think you will find as the 28th is a normal day you will get it that day not early.
  • Hi, i have just found out that if you are due to be paid on either 27th or 28th December then you will be paid on the 23rd or 24th instead so you do actually get it earlier.
  • ~Chameleon~
    ~Chameleon~ Posts: 11,956
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    If it's due 27th you'll get it on 23rd but 28th is a normal working/banking day.
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
  • well the informaion i have about being paid earlier is actually from the jobcentre and on direct.gov website
  • dwp are not open after the 23rd December until 4th January thats why payments are going out earlier
  • 28 Dec 2011 (Northern Ireland only)
  • Lainelou68 wrote: »
    dwp are not open after the 23rd December until 4th January thats why payments are going out earlier

If only this was true.

Offices are shut on the 28th December however which is why payments are being advanced (they reopen on the 29th).
    Who's going to fly your plane? / When you need to make your getaway....
  • anyone paid benefits of any type which are due on the 26th or 27th december will be able to get their benefits on the 23rd december.
    However anyone whose benefits are due after 27th will get their benefits as normal.Even though benefits offices are closed till 4th January 2012 their benefits will have been processed prior to xmas but will not be available to collect from banks post offices or building societies until their due date
  • briclegg wrote: »
    anyone paid benefits of any type which are due on the 26th or 27th december will be able to get their benefits on the 23rd december.
    However anyone whose benefits are due after 27th will get their benefits as normal.Even though benefits offices are closed till 4th January 2012 their benefits will have been processed prior to xmas but will not be available to collect from banks post offices or building societies until their due date

Hi sorry to bother you but really confused keep finding out that I will get it early. Then to read someone else saying the opposite.
    Could you tell me if this goes for esa due the 27th.
    Thanks
  • bloomingflower
    bloomingflower Posts: 799
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 23 December 2012 at 11:22PM
    Hi,

The above posts are referring to 2011 payments. But here are the xmas 2012 payment dates for the following benefits....

Jobseeker’s Allowance
    Disability Living Allowance
    Carer’s Allowance
    Attendance Allowance
    Employment and Support Allowance

Benefit payment due date Actual payment/receipt date
    24 December 2012 21 December 2012
    25 December 2012 (Christmas Day) 21 December 2012
    26 December 2012 (Boxing Day) 21 December 2012
    1 January 2013 (New Year’s Day) 31 December 2012
    2 January 2013 (Scotland only) 31 December 2012

I found this list on another post,hope it is OK to post it here too.Payment schedule taken from here>>.https://www.gov.uk/how-to-have-your-benefits-paid

I am not sure about payments due on the 27th tho as not in the list above...it might be worth giving them a call to find out for this date..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure