Wii Sports Resort - £33.80 in Tesco

Comments

• ellybelly89
    ellybelly89 Posts: 1,107
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    They seemed pretty useless. They were adamant it was not in the chart therefore not in the offer. My other Tesco has the offer but no stock and says it can't forsee it getting stock :-s
  • buyme
    buyme Posts: 4 Newbie
    cheers OP.
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,325
    Forumite
    They seemed pretty useless. They were adamant it was not in the chart therefore not in the offer. My other Tesco has the offer but no stock and says it can't forsee it getting stock :-s

I'd really be tempted to buy at whatever price it is, and then contact CS afterwards to claim the difference, or double the difference!!
  • staggy
    staggy Posts: 78 Forumite
    Loads in stock at Altrincham today.

Didn't ask if it was excluded from the VAT free offer (coz I already have one)

Hope this helps someone
  • Xyon81
    Xyon81 Posts: 124
    Forumite
    nice find, i'll check my local later if i can
  • hmc
    hmc Posts: 2,483
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    so what controllers do you need for this game to work please? we have 2 controllers and a nunchuck
  • Aidy
    Forumite
    hmc wrote: »
    so what controllers do you need for this game to work please? we have 2 controllers and a nunchuck

Hi

Some games are 'take it in turns' whilst others are multiplayer. For multiplayer you'll need a wiimote and motionplus attachment for each player.

Not sure about nunchucks on multiplayer games though. Archery requires it but I think that is a 'take it in turn' game.

Hopefully someone else can fill in the gaps!!
  • Aidy
    Forumite
    From the Argos pre-order thread, with thanks to Dilfred!!
    Dilfred wrote: »
    I would not worry too much about ordering a 2nd one (motionplus accessory) straight away. Alot of the games are "take turns" therefore only need 1 dongle thingy.
    However for completeness if you want to play the following mulitplayer you need more than 1 motion plus thing.

swordplay (duel and speed slice)
    basketball (3 on 3)
    table tennis (match)
    power cruising (vs)
    canoeing (speed challenge and vs)
    cycling (road race and vs)

Rest are turn taking of the 1 remote.
  • hmc
    hmc Posts: 2,483
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    thankyou
    will give it a miss for a while then i think
    cant afford a motion plus thingy as well? why do you need one? and what does it do? quite new to all this lol
  • Digdug_2
    Digdug_2 Posts: 70 Forumite
    edited 29 July 2009 at 4:16PM
    hmc wrote: »
    thankyou
    will give it a miss for a while then i think
    cant afford a motion plus thingy as well? why do you need one? and what does it do? quite new to all this lol

The Wii motion plus is an attachment that plugs into the end of the standard controller & makes it more accurate. You can only play the games on Wii sports resort with the motion plus plugged into the end of the controller. One motion plus comes packaged with the Wii sports resort game, but if you want 2 players to play at the same time you'll need to buy an extra one to plug into the 2nd controller.

Personally I think it's well worth the extra 15 quid to get simultaneous multiplayer - 2 player swordfights, speed slice and ping pong are brilliant! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure