Primark complaint

Hi all,

Does anyone have an email address for Primark complaints?

I travelled to the Portsmouth store from my home in Bognor Regis to buy some clothes to wear to a family funeral which was on the same day. I bought a pair of trousers and a shirt. I always try on everything in store to make sure things fit correctly and I took a 15” and 15.5” shirt to the changing room to try on. At the changing room I was told that I couldn’t try on those shirts because ‘the staff don’t like to fold them back up afterwards’ and that I could try on a sample size shirt that I was assured would be exactly the same size as the ones I’d picked out. Fair enough I thought. It turned out that the sample size 14.5” shirt fit brilliantly and I then went off to purchase one in that size.

I got home, showered and got ready for the funeral which was happening at 5pm. At 3.45pm I unpacked my new shirt and put it on. The shirt did not fit! It was so unbelievably tight and I was unable to do up the bottom buttons. I must say I was absolutely livid and upset. Here I was just a short period of time before an emotional occasion and the clothes I had bought especially for the service didn’t fit. I was pretty upset. I then had no choice but to go out with very little time to purchase another shirt from a different store (a shirt that cost a great deal more). Far from ideal preparation for a funeral.

Personally I don’t think it’s fair to ask people to try on different clothes that may not fit correctly.

If anyone has an email address or had similar problem I'd love to know.

Cheers!

Comments

• Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Never heard of anyone trying a shirt on before!
  • What do you suggest people do then? Guess? They do a couple of different styles regular and slim fit. And don't say that you'd ask them to measure you... this is the same shop that said 'the staff don’t like to fold them back up afterwards'. Thanks for your help though!
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,623 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hintza wrote: »

Agreed. It normally takes 15 minutes to get all the pins out and the cardboard collar stiffener.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    What do you suggest people do then?

The same as the vast majority of people buy the neck size that fits and err on the side of caution if you will be wearing a tie.
  • Could you not have bought a shirt in Bognor? A forty mile round trip to Primark seems a false economy!
  • Hintza wrote: »

John Lewis have no problems with unwrapping shirts and letting you try them on. There are so many different styles these days - slim fit, classic fit, whatever else fit, different length arms - the list goes on.
    Trouble is I always feel guilty after JL have unwrapped it and so buy it anyway :o:D
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    John Lewis have no problems with unwrapping shirts and letting you try them on. There are so many different styles these days - slim fit, classic fit, whatever else fit, different length arms - the list goes on.
    Trouble is I always feel guilty after JL have unwrapped it and so buy it anyway :o:D

I imagine that's the difference between buying a shirt for £4 and buying one for £40.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    goater78 wrote: »
    I imagine that's the difference between buying a shirt for £4 and buying one for £40.
    And how much does a £4 shirt cost if you travel forty miles to buy it? ;)
  • why leave it so late? its a funeral you must have known about it in advance? what do you expect from primark exactly in terms of service? you go there for the price not the quality of either the products or service, move on
  • PILES
    PILES Posts: 142 Forumite
    Hi all,

Does anyone have an email address for Primark complaints?

I travelled to the Portsmouth store from my home in Bognor Regis to buy some clothes to wear to a family funeral which was on the same day. I bought a pair of trousers and a shirt. I always try on everything in store to make sure things fit correctly and I took a 15” and 15.5” shirt to the changing room to try on. At the changing room I was told that I couldn’t try on those shirts because ‘the staff don’t like to fold them back up afterwards’ and that I could try on a sample size shirt that I was assured would be exactly the same size as the ones I’d picked out. Fair enough I thought. It turned out that the sample size 14.5” shirt fit brilliantly and I then went off to purchase one in that size.

I got home, showered and got ready for the funeral which was happening at 5pm. At 3.45pm I unpacked my new shirt and put it on. The shirt did not fit! It was so unbelievably tight and I was unable to do up the bottom buttons. I must say I was absolutely livid and upset. Here I was just a short period of time before an emotional occasion and the clothes I had bought especially for the service didn’t fit. I was pretty upset. I then had no choice but to go out with very little time to purchase another shirt from a different store (a shirt that cost a great deal more). Far from ideal preparation for a funeral.

Personally I don’t think it’s fair to ask people to try on different clothes that may not fit correctly.

If anyone has an email address or had similar problem I'd love to know.

Cheers!

Ah well look on the bright side, you have a nice shirt for funerals and a tight shirt for impressing the ladies on Bognor Regis beach :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure