3kg Whole Turkey or 2kg Turkey Crown £8 at Morrisons

Options

Comments

• sirbrainy
    sirbrainy Posts: 2,749 Forumite
    Options
    not when you cooked it ,what you should never do is defrost frozen meat &refreeze before cooking it, but once cooked its fine to refreeze again .

That's poor generic advice.

If you (say) thawed chicken to the point where you can cut it in half and then re-froze half of it, the increased risk to health is zero.

What you need to avoid is completely thawing a meat and leaving it in the fridge for a couple of days before refreezing it.

Even then, if you cooked it thoroughly you would kill off the harmful bacteria.
  • sirbrainy
    sirbrainy Posts: 2,749 Forumite
    Options
    Food scares in the past such as Salmonella can nearly always be explained as uneducated people not understanding how to cook properly and kill off the harmful bacteria.
  • savvyme_4
    Options
    Went into Morrisons today and they haven't got them. Wondered whether it's only online or if this promotion hasn't started yet??:cool:
  • kirstiejayne
    Options
    savvyme wrote: »
    Went into Morrisons today and they haven't got them. Wondered whether it's only online or if this promotion hasn't started yet??:cool:

Me too!! Went to Morrisons especially to get one of these and they were nowhere to be seen!:(
    Thank you to everyone that contributes on these pages!:beer:

• wirehair
    wirehair Posts: 4,291 Forumite
    Options
    savvyme wrote: »

I went to get one also made a special journey , they were all priced up at about £14 .:mad:
    Never pay more than you have too
  • ellilew
    ellilew Posts: 78 Forumite
    Options
    I also made a special journey and there were none! The freezers had loads of turkeys in and they had a tag on the shelf for the £8 crowns but it looked to me like they had never put any out as they would have been jumbled up with whole turkeys. I asked a member of staff and they said there were none in stock. :(
  • savvyme_4
    Options
    ellilew wrote: »
    I also made a special journey and there were none! The freezers had loads of turkeys in and they had a tag on the shelf for the £8 crowns but it looked to me like they had never put any out as they would have been jumbled up with whole turkeys. I asked a member of staff and they said there were none in stock. :(

There wasn't even a tag on the shelf for the £8 Turkeys, only Morrisons own for £14. :(
  • Arthurian
    Options
    The turkeys have made a run for it! Last seen furiously paddling a raft to warmer climes, with a bottle of Morrisons half-price Bollinger under each wing....
  • little_evo
    Options
    The turkeys in Wolverhampton Morrisons must have made a run for it too because there was none to be found and I made my husband search through all of the turkeys which were lumped in together looking for the elusive £8 turkey which had to weigh between 3 to 4kg and the smallest I could find was 4.005 and if I had bought this is went up to £12. Plenty of £8 crown turkeys though.:(
  • Arthurian
    Options
    For comparison (and if you give up on Morrisons):-
    Tesco frozen Bernard Matthews small turkeys 2.805kg-4.0kg (serves 4-5) are currently £10.
    Tesco frozen Bernard Matthews medium turkeys 4.05kg - 5.04kg (serves 6-7) are £15. Self-basting.
    Tesco frozen Bernard Matthews turkey crown 2kg -2.3kg (serves 5-7) £15.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure