Yamaha Keyboard at Lidl

Comments

• We are considering buying one of these for my 8 yo daughter. She hasn't had any lessons but I would like to get her one. I'm not sure though if it would be a waste of money getting a keyboard that is not full sized or if the notes missed off wouldn't be used for quite a while. Anyone got any thoughts please
  • Britlad
    Britlad Posts: 107 Forumite
    61 keys on a keyboard is full size.. perfect for beginner keyboard lessons, as long as it's touch sensitive.
  • gromituk
    gromituk Posts: 3,087 Forumite
    Britlad wrote:
    as long as it's touch sensitive.
    Good point - is it touch-sensitive, petertwisty? Couldn't see anything obvious on Yamaha's website or the downloadable manual, but perhaps they all are nowadays. Of course the keys won't be weighted, so it won't feel like a real piano, but you can't expect that for the price.
    Time is an illusion - lunch time doubly so.
  • gromituk
    gromituk Posts: 3,087 Forumite
    gromituk wrote:
    is it touch-sensitive?
    Apparently it is.
    Time is an illusion - lunch time doubly so.
  • I have a 5 and 6 year old. Does anyone think they are too young to have lessons or not?
  • I have a 5 and 6 year old. Does anyone think they are too young to have lessons or not?

My 6 year old daughter started in January and has progressed very well and enjoys it. We do have to urge her to practice every day though as a few days missed and she gets 'rusty'.
  • mcwarre
    mcwarre Posts: 835 Forumite
    deaconline wrote:
    We do have to urge her to practice every day though as a few days missed and she gets 'rusty'.

Well stop making her practise it outside then!! :D
    "Success is not to be measured by the position someone has reached in life, but the obstacles he has overcome while trying to succeed." Booker T. Washington

The Official "Why does everyone have 'Official member of....club'?" which tend to be stupid/irrelevant Society. Member No 1 (I am aware of the irony btw)
  • Britlad wrote:
    61 keys on a keyboard is full size.. perfect for beginner keyboard lessons, as long as it's touch sensitive.

So what's an 88 key keyboard? Such as http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yamaha-DGX520-Digital-Piano-Sensitive/dp/B000I1QWEE/sr=1-3/qid=1162923335/ref=sr_1_3/202-3951747-9779854?ie=UTF8&s=electronics

I presumed this was full size (ie same number of keys as a piano)?

Just don't want to buy something, send her to lessons and then find when practising one is playing thin air!
  • I'm pretty sure they mean full sized keys :)
    desrever sthgir lla
  • mrs_T
    mrs_T Posts: 1,017 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Went for this today as I couldn't get there yesterday but all 3 Lidls in my town said they'd sold out in 2 hours. I'm suspicious, did anyone get one?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure