2002 PPI claim - What to do?

ANy suggestions I have found a loan that I had in 2002 that had PPI on it. At this time I was employed but covered by my job for illness cover a certain amount on months etc. I know I would just said Yes to the insurance assuming I had to have it as was so gulable then. Will I have a case? SHould I attempt to get the PPI back? The loan is long gone but I still have the paperwork.

Thank you
NIcky

Comments

• finatra26
    finatra26 Posts: 4,106 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi nickyipoo - I succesfully claimed on a loan from 1995 (long paid off) - One of the reasons I used is that I was covered through my work & that it hadn't been explained to me that it was optional - the template letter is very good at giving you an idea what to write in your own letter
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Hi, can you tell us who the PPI claim is against as there are different rules for using FOS should they knock you back for different firms.

All insurance was under jurisdiction of FOS via the seller of the insurance since Jan 2005. Before that if the firm was a member of GISC they were also covered and most Banks were also covered for complaints before 2005 as they would have been under the rules from the old Banking Ombudsman.

If the firm is not under for any of the above then you still have the option of making the complaint against the insurer/underwriter of the insurance as FOS are accepting some complaints like this and they would be under compulsory jurisdiction.

If the firm you are making the complaint against writes back and denies misselling and gives you a final response stating that you would not be able to take the complaint to FOS then you could start looking at the other route and maybe get the complaint over against the insurer.
  • Thank you for replies, The loan was with HSBC bank.

Nickyipoo x
  • tiggrae
    tiggrae Posts: 1,771 Forumite
    nickyipoo wrote: »
    Thank you for replies, The loan was with HSBC bank.

Nickyipoo x
    you shouldn't have any problem
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family