***Make £10 a Day Challenge DECEMBER***

nat21luv
nat21luv Posts: 3,434 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Cashback Cashier
edited 1 December 2012 at 12:12PM in Debt-free wannabe
:xmastree::xmassign::snow_laug:rudolf: Hello to all newbies and regulars and welcome to the DECEMBER £10 a day Challenge of 2012.

This challenge first started in September 2007, so this will be the 64rd Month that this challenge has been going . So thanks Batgirl for starting it and Nat21Luv, Monkeynut, SweetPeas, Aesop, Purpleroses, JesaRose and MizMir, who also keep the thread going.

I know this first post is long, but please read it as it gives tips and info on how this challenge works!

If you're new to the challenge don't be scared - here's how it works:

The aim of this challenge is to make £10 extra a day everyday for the month. A lot of people think this is impossible but it can and has been done (and in some cases some show offs have even doubled or tripled the monthly challenge)!

If you feel £10 is too much why not start at £5 or if you're brave join those who aim for £20 a day! Anything extra you make is great so set whatever target you think you can manage.

The idea is that everyone posts how they are making extra money or saving money and these shared ideas help all of us to learn new ways to help cut debt or earn/save money.

What cannot be added: wages from your main job
What can be added: overtime at work, income from a 2nd job, savings in shopping, daily clicks, sales, interest, vouchers, mystery shopping...the list is endless.

Feel free to add any extra money earned (above normal wages) or any money you saved when out shopping. For daily clicks and sites like quidco it's upto you when you add the money earnt there. Some add it when an amount tracks others when it's paid out - it's your challenge so it is upto you what you want to count and when you want to count it.

This board moves so fast so here's some ideas for people to make money. (Click the blue words (links) for some shortcuts to the site / threads on each subject):

Sell your old books/DVDs/CDs/games here:
Amazon, play.com, Green Metropolis is for books only.

Amazon Trade-In, trade in your old books

Ebay - a place to sell anything and everything.

Other places to sell include: Gumtree, Preloved, cquot, ebid, craigslist, vivastreet, netmums, trade-it ,

Also check out Facebook as there are local selling groups popping up all the time, and can be a great place to sell (and grab some bargains) as there is no P&P costs to take into account, and can be fab for selling without the dreaded packaging of parcels If there isn't a local group near you - start your own! (There is a proper 'Facebook Market Place, but it's done by an American company and as yet hasn't really been perfected for here, and as no one much knows about it, and it does tend to be a bit rubbish, the local groups/pages are probably your best bet.)

Also, join TopCashBack and Quidco - If you're buying anything online always check whether you could get some cash back from it. There are also various things you can do for free, such as comparison site quotes, that will pay you for doing so. There are survey sites that will pay you to join up with them - type 'survey' in the search box and have a look.
NB: Both TopCashBack and Quidco offer a Refer A Friend scheme, so if you want to sign up, please do look on the Referral Board, or mention here that you want to sign up, and someone can give you a referral link, as it may as well benefit someone else too!
Don't forget with Quidco to register your card as there are certain shops you can earn cashback in store - including Debenhams, Blockbuster, Cineworld, Sports Direct...
Martin's Cashback Maximiser Tool to find the highest rate across different sites. There are other sites, though it's better to stick to fewer as some have payout thresholds so if you spread your money between too many sites, you may never hit the thresholds so won't see the money

http://www.volunteer4panels.com/ Famous for 'Shop and Scan'. They may also ask you to join their other panels :

Shop and Scan gives 1100 points a week, plus a bonus 500 if you upload a receipt.
Food on the Go - upto 5000 points a week (200pts for the first 20 texts sent weekly - none after that. Plus 1000 points just for sending. If you have no submissions, you can also just text to say that and still get 500 pts).
Petrol Panel - 2500 points per month for all petrol submissions.
Consumer Pulse - up to 12000 points a month + extras! (500 points per purchase details entered, plus 500 for weekly login)
All panels: 1000 = £1

Up your income board - Full of great ideas!

Challenges for 2012

Mobile phone to recycle/sell - Check on Martin's mobile recycling comparison site first to see where you may get the best deal! Also check out Completed Listings on Ebay for your model, as for some, you can make more selling it. Even if broken, people may want them to fix or for parts, so you can still get some cash for it!

Music Magpie - Have CDs/DVDs you haven't been able to sell at carboots or online. Try your luck here. If you do sell your albums/DVDs be sure to go via Quidco or Maximiles to get a few more pennies.

Etsy and Folksy - If you enjoy making crafts why not have a go at selling them on Etsy or Folksy. They've been getting increasingly busier each year.

Treat Street Collect Boots Advantage Card points while shopping online. This is not just when shopping online at Boots, as you collect normal Boots points anyway there, but they have their own site equivalent to a cashback site, but earning you points instead. These points are just like normal points to spend in store. Although they don't always work out the highest payers when you work out the cash value, this can be a very helpful way to boost your points if you are saving up your points for something in Boots but don't have quite enough points (as you can't part pay with points and top up with cash ) As with cashback sites - they have a Refer a Friend scheme which earns you both an extra £2.50 worth of points, so please ask - it's in your interests too!
Nectar has their own site for this too. Currently (as far as I know) the only place to earn and points for Amazon, as they are no longer on cashback sites. They have recently added Ebay to this Nectar scheme as well, so work out what's best for you (remember on Cashback the percentage is based on the Ebay revenue money, not the purchase price - at least it is with TCB anyway) so bare that in mind when working out which is best for you.

Use vouchers to save on your shopping!

Surveys - Get paid for your opinion. This thread has a fair bit of info on the different sites.
http://www.swagbucks.com/ which lots of challengers are earning really quickly with. Please always use a referral for these too.
Popular lately are Swagbucks

Referrers Board
£20k in 2023 = £2718 £2023 in 2023 = £196.41 Grocery challenge £250= £195.80 **MONEY MAKES ME HAPPY**

Comments

• nat21luv
    edited 1 December 2012 at 12:12PM
    In the words of Wizard....

IT'S CHRISTMAAAAAAAS!

:xmastree::xmassmile:snow_grin:santa2:

Let's really push ourselves this month to make this festive time of the year a little easier on our wallets.

Aesop £5
    Laura16 £10
    £20k in 2023 = £2718 £2023 in 2023 = £196.41 Grocery challenge £250= £195.80 **MONEY MAKES ME HAPPY**
  • Could I join this one please
    Sealed pot challenge 1875
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Put me down for £5 a day.
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    by the way, for those who ask

Roadkill is money found in the street, buses, pavements, washing machine, etc.
  • nat21luv
    Of course Laura, even if it's only for December, that's £310 you'll be better off :D
  • Hi,

Please put me down for £10 a day. Might be tricky but I'm giving it a shot! Thanks so much for organising December.

Aesop, I also count money found in my boyfriends' pockets when doing the washing. He shouldn't be so careless!!! (Or lazy!)

X
    Weight loss 2017/2018 - 49 lbs
  • Hi Nat

Can I join please? Long time lurker, first time poster. I'll try £5 to begin with.

AFS
    SPC 2013 #1884
    20p Savers Club 2013 #54
    :xmassmile Make £5 a day Dec '12: £150/£155 :xmassmile
  • nat21luv
    Great to see you AFS, welcome aboard!
  • Hi Nat
    Please put me down for £10 per day. My challenge will finish on the 21st I hope I can make more than the daily rate to reach the target.

Worked it out I need to make £14.29 per day. :):)

So I better get listing.

All the best to everyone.
  • durham_mim
    durham_mim Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks for the thread Nat. Please put me down for the usual £5 per day.
    Weight loss 0/2st
    Inch loss = 0"

Slow & Steady 3
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills